Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle - Season 4 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Cheetara wrote: »
    Brilliant episode but find that Alexis is really getting on my nerves in this series!!

She makes up for it by being smoking hot though, and legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Loved it, excellent episode! Topped it off by seeing Castle, Ryan and Esposito all dressed as Elvis. "What!? Elvis can't be brown? I'm el ves!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah it was fun episode. Really reminded me of the older series actually.

I had watched a season 2 episode that happened to be on tv 2 weeks ago and realised how much more humorous and lighthearted it was then. Ever since the end of season 3 it's been so so heavy. A lot less banter, particularly between Castle and Beckett. Of course I'm not complaining, as the drama is excellent. But it makes the episodes not connected to Beckett's plot a lot less fun IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Loved it, excellent episode! Topped it off by seeing Castle, Ryan and Esposito all dressed as Elvis. "What!? Elvis can't be brown? I'm el ves!"

Thought it was a very funny episode but not sure if Castle can carry off the Elvis side-burns!!!

This weeks episode was good. A lot more psychological and intense.
    I like that
    at the end Beckett seemed to have gotten a weight off her shoulders. Hopefully this means we'll have a few light hearted episodes now.

• Advertisement

Good episode this week. It was fun wondering what happened to them and seeing Espo and Ryan working the case.

Also felt more light hearted, Beckett and Castle are back to their classic banter by the end. Really left me looking forward to the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Good episode this week. It was fun wondering what happened to them and seeing Espo and Ryan working the case.

Also felt more light hearted, Beckett and Castle are back to their classic banter by the end. Really left me looking forward to the next episode.

Agreed! Finally some cops in this show that can actually do some detective work! Castle / Becket banter was class too. More please, been a while since I said that after an ep!

Yeah, excellent episode this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I recently did a re-watch of all the episodes, from Season 1. I love how consistant the quality of the show is. There are very few poor episodes IMO. The best being the serial killer double-episode in season 2.

However, I do miss how irreverant Castle was around bodies. He still makes does jokes, but they are either not as good, as a common.

Another good episode. It was classic Castle material, but I'm starting to agree with Otacon, Castle's jokes aren't as frequent or funny these days. Overall though good episode.

Esposito was funny in it. You can definitely see how they've been given bigger roles in this season as opposed to purely procedural and the odd one liner

• Advertisement

Yep, pretty good episode this week; not the best of the season, but I'm just happy it's back :D

Castle and Beckett are so flirty I had to wiki episode 10 to make sure I didn't miss them getting together or something...

Decent episode this week but just didn't seem as good as some of the others. Gates and Beckett's talk was meant to give us more of an insight into her character, but it felt kinda forced to me.

The call from the mysterious stranger that the case might be related to the guy gunning for Beckett was interesting, but it was clearly just a teaser thrown in. Didn't lead to any real substantial moment, all though at one point I did think Castle was gonna tell Beckett.

Just looking forward to the next one really.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Pretty intense episode, wasn’t expecting anything about her mom’s case ,is it a two parter? No real conclusion and finished strangely. Unlikely, that's for the season finale I guess. The secret Castle has and how it will be dealt with will be interesting. Don’t care about the new captain, she wasn’t in 411 and wasn’t missed. Lots of great little moments between Rick and Kate.

is it a two parter? No real conclusion and finished strangely.

That was what bugged me about it too. Really just feels like it was thrown in to remind us of the big picture, even though they could have left it out, had some gags thrown in.
    that's for the season finale I guess. The secret Castle has and how it will be dealt with will be interesting.

Yeah, you can see it coming a mile away. They did that in season 1 though, with Castle investigating Beckett's mam's case behind her back. Beckett upset/annoyed, but then gets over it in season 2. I just hope this doesn't end the same way.
    They need to have some new development in the Beckett/Castle relationship rather than repeat that.

I think it was just a reminder too, episodes about her mother usually start with ‘Previously on Castle’. This is probably bigger than what he did in S1, I don’t see her reacting the same this time, they have come a long way since then, its significant for her though and will test their relationship. Her secret of hearing what he said when she was shot will need to be dealt with too. I’m happy with their progress, the build up has been excellent but any further major delays won’t feel natural at this stage, it obvious they both want it. It will be good whatever we get.

Her secret of hearing what he said when she was shot will need to be dealt with too.

Actually yeah, that's a very good point. I was completely forgetting that Castle still thinks she doesn't remember.
    It would be a nice change actually, him feeling let down/hurt by something she did, as previously it has been Castle doing something Beckett doesn't like.
    I’m happy with their progress, the build up has been excellent but any further major delays won’t feel natural at this stage, it obvious they both want it. It will be good whatever we get.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the way they chose to have Castle try and convince her to take the case more slowly etc.
    but taking too long will definitely make it feel like there's nothing gonna come of it. A nice touch was how Martha said back at the start of the season (I think) how long is he just going to keep following her waiting for something to come of it.

It would be a nice change actually, him feeling let down/hurt by something she did, as previously it has been Castle doing something Beckett doesn't like.

I don’t know, I’d consider them even in that regard, I mean she had Josh, Demming and not calling him all summer. I guess we’re to believe both secrets are equally important but I think Kate’s will be dealt with less fall out, she’ll continue with the counsellor and they’ll deal with it fine I think. Castles one is potentially more damaging.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the way they chose to have Castle try and convince her to take the case more slowly etc.
    but taking too long will definitely make it feel like there's nothing gonna come of it. A nice touch was how Martha said back at the start of the season (I think) how long is he just going to keep following her waiting for something to come of it.

Oh, I was referring to their relationship but I agree, I think this episode just reminded us of it and the importance of Castle keeping her away from it. I have no doubts with this show, but it better be something believable whatever it is that behind all of it

Gotta say I really enjoyed this episode. Felt like an old school Castle ep. All though in the older ones Castle would have been the one suggesting the dog psychology. It was a fun episode and it had dogs, which instantly makes it great :D

I mean, who doesn't like dogs?

The Jason Bateman reference was good, like how Nathan gets them in. Overall, it was good, lots of funny moments with the dog therapist and the reality star, Esposito was great too. Kate got very flustered in the hand holding scene, Castle bolted very fast at her reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just watched the latest episode last night , thought it was really well done, and a good excuse for them all to dress up
    seeing beckett and castle together even though just in a dream type sequence at the end. also getting ryan to keep saying 'boyo' :D

Yes, I was expecting it to be all AU, it was enjoyable and well done. It was kind of heart warming seeing the old couple at the end across from Castle and Beckett. But, is it just more stalling tactics, giving fans what they want while still keeping them apart. Not sure how long more they can sell them not at least trying.

2smiggy wrote: »
    getting ryan to keep saying 'boyo' :D

That part was funny, but the actual attempt at an Irish accent was cringeworthy!!

It was a good episode all right though. The story was good. I actually didn't find the Castle and Beckett alter egos that interesting. Probably cause there's no history or build up/tension with them as the different characters.

Still, overall I enjoyed the episode and it was a cool change from the usual.

I had seen this video ages ago and suddenly realized where it was from, when Espo and Beckett were questioning someone, I kept expecting it to happen:D

I had seen this video ages ago and suddenly realized where it was from, when Espo and Beckett were questioning someone, I kept expecting it to happen:D

Haha, Yeah I noticed that as well. And he posted that video ages ago, I was surprised to see it in the most recent episode.

Looking forward to the new one tomorrow. It's the first have of a two parter as far as I know.

I didn't expect either, Jon has some funny videos up.

Great, two parters are the best, except the waiting. I'm not spoiled at all so I didn't even know that.

Gotta say, this was one of the best episodes of the series so far IMO. Good story and pacing, seeing Beckett jealous over Castles history with the
    CIA agent
    was great. Felt like it was bringing up the emotional attention a bit, whereas it had been kinda flat for a while.

The
    car heading for the water
    at the end will be interesting. Yet another
    near death experience for them

Overall I just really enjoyed this weeks episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Ugh, can't believe we have to wait three weeks for the continuation.
    I completely spazzed out at the television when "To Be continued" flashed up on the screen. ASHSHDJDKFLLL!!

DeWitt wrote: »
    I completely spazzed out at the television when "To Be continued" flashed up on the screen. ASHSHDJDKFLLL!!

Three weeks? Is it that long? There's been a two week break twice so far with this season. It's getting kinda annoying. Especially with a two parter like this.

Are you sure there's a three week break till the next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

DeWitt wrote: »

Three weeks? Is it that long? There's been a two week break twice so far with this season. It's getting kinda annoying. Especially with a two parter like this.

Are you sure there's a three week break till the next?

There's no gap! http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/castle

Advertisement