Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin v kerry tonight

Options
  • 04-02-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, have i missed the boat to get tickets for the match tonight? Missed them at our local club and the tickets master only has tickets for the hill but i want to bring my son? Help please, i am northside dublin if that makes any differnce.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Try the ticket office in Dorset st near red parrot pub. Loadsa tickets left

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

cruais wrote: »
    Try the ticket office in Dorset st near red parrot pub. Loadsa tickets left

thanks for that, do you know what time you can get tickets until? Would hate to bring my son and then they are sold out/too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I presume they open up until match time or there abouts. I'd leave now and get them then you could head home for a while. At least you would have them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ticket office on Dorset St and the one opposite Gills pubs on NCR are open until 5.

Went and got the tickets beside the red parrot pub:)

funny i passed that place on ncr and wondered if it was tickets for sale or just collecting but was so pushed for time didnt want to risk parking/running in and having to move on.

Next time we will be more prepared and get them from our club.....

Thanks again, oh and UP THE DUBS 8-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

When did the prison barriers go up at Hill 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

CiaranMT wrote: »

They're up since August 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Donaghy taking up he left off in sept trying to ref the match. Ran the length of the pitch to try and get 45 stopped, should concentrate on his own game. It's been terrible football so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

some number of wides for sheahan and for kerry as a whole.
    17 wides in 53 minutes..........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Does Darren O'Sullivan have some of those racehorse speed genes?

• Advertisement

If Kerry had their shooting boots on tonight they'd have destroyed Dublin.

Classy from Fennell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dublins ill discipline on show again.
    So many frees given away when under pressure and then another moment of madness- Fennell this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Very impressive from Kerry tonight they should have won by at least 10 points. Dublin back up players don't look as strong as they should i'd fancy Mayo to beat them next weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

CiaranMT wrote: »

Epic Fail.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Very impressive from Kerry given it's their first competitive game of the year.

Sure Fennel's red will probably be rescinded due to the pro Dublin bias in the GAA.
    *Gets popcorn*
    That was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kerry should have won by more. Very impressive display by them.

Those late nights/mornings in the SunnyBank pub have caught up with Dublin;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Yup Kerry outplayed Dublin tonight far hungrier for it and much more professional job, how Dublin were up by 2 at h/t ill never know as the anti league brigade on here always say all-irelands arnt handed out in Feb ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Joekers wrote: »
    Yup Kerry outplayed Dublin tonight far hungrier for it and much more professional job, how Dublin were up by 2 at h/t ill never know as the anti league brigade on here always say all-irelands arnt handed out in Feb ;)

I know it's only league anyway, but getting well beaten tonight might serve Dublin well in the future and might be a bit of wake up call to some players.

As they say you learn more from your defeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Sure Fennel's red will probably be rescinded due to the pro Dublin bias in the GAA.
    *Gets popcorn*
    That was a joke.

If he's let off, Brian Farrell should just give it up ;)

• Advertisement

Be nice people

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Im f-ucking delighted!

Thats for last minute heartreakers!
    Thats for Joe McQuillans refereeing!
    Thats for the **** i've had to put up with from Dubs, since September!
    Thats for the 5 months i've had to repress my love for football in case of bursting into tears!
    Thats for crys of "sore loser" or "bitter kerryman"
    Thats for stupid fireworks and the boys are back in town.
    Thats for the idea that Kerry are an old team, and don't have anything left in the tank.
    Thats for "Championes" being chanted from the Hill

Ironically enough the Gaa championed the Give Respect Get Respect campaign tonight.
    Respect your position as champions, don't rub it in others faces, and you will have respect as champions.

I've bottled a lot of emotion up since September, and I hope this doesn't offend anyone.
    Im just on cloud 9. That was 3 in a row we had lost to the Dubs, and 4 would have been a killer to our confidence.

People will say its only the league, but try telling that to any Kerryman tonight. It was one to savour.

Oíche Mhaith a Cháirde.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Im f-ucking delighted!

Thats for the 5 months i've had to repress my love for football in case of bursting into tears!
    Thats for the idea that Kerry are an old team, and don't have anything left in the tank.

Ironically enough the Gaa championed the Give Respect Get Respect campaign tonight.
    Respect your position as champions, don't rub it in others faces, and you will have respect as champions.

I've bottled a lot of emotion up since September, and I hope this doesn't offend anyone.
    Im just on cloud 9. That was 3 in a row we had lost to the Dubs, and 4 would have been a killer to our confidence.

People will say its only the league, but try telling that to any Kerryman tonight. It was one to savour.

Oíche Mhaith a Cháirde.

Bitter Much ?

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Dublin - Still AI Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Believe it or not i didn't think Kerry played that well. Bryan Sheehan kicked wide after wide and some of their build up was slow and ponderous. They were much better in the Spring series game last year. They were obviously rusty but good attitude and application throughout. Fine platform to build from.

Dublin were truly awful by comparison. Connolly was the only one of the six forwards to show for the ball with any frequency and they were completely overrun in midfield. Backs tried hard but faced with waves and waves of pressure it was always going to be in vain. Fennell should pay for his petulance (i didn't see it but was told it was blatant) and Paul Brogan and especially O' Gara should have no future on the panel.

Just want to add how much i dislike Kieran Donaghy and his antics. Does his level best to antagonise those around him and never misses an opportunity to hound the referee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Im f-ucking delighted!

Oíche Mhaith a Cháirde.

It's only the league;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

what was the attendance last night??
    good move from the Gaa to have a double header.
    are there more like this planned?
    why not have a double header with Dublin footballers and hurlers involved.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Im f-ucking delighted!

Oíche Mhaith a Cháirde.

Well you've certainly put any doubt about whether you are a sore loser or bitter to bed with that post! What a pile of complete mean spirited rubbish.

Respect your position as champions? Don't rub it in people's faces? Don't be proud of it or dare sing that you are champions? News flash, we were before tonight and still are.

We were very very poor tonight, but Kerry were average at best. Its all the needed to be to win well, even with shocking finishing and the now usual play acting and diving around.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

washman3 wrote: »
    what was the attendance last night??
    good move from the Gaa to have a double header.
    are there more like this planned?
    why not have a double header with Dublin footballers and hurlers involved.

45k, Dublins other 2 home games are double headers with hurlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

copacetic wrote: »
    45k, Dublins other 2 home games are double headers with hurlers.

Yeah 45,000
    not bad considering the evening

EEBBE37AF57F43C99A8C29A302793889-0000323799-0002727405-00505L-C842A36891874811BEED5E751146A49E.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

Im f-ucking delighted!

Oíche Mhaith a Cháirde.

But Dublin are champions, why wouldn't that be sung ?

Posts like that from bitter Kerry people makes September 18th 2011 even more special, even 5 months on.

:)

Advertisement