Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

stowaway.......never thought of that
    realy wish the episodes were longer, i wouldnt mind waiting 2/3 weeks between episodes if they were say 45 minutes to an hour in length .
    im toying with the idea of not downloading for a few weeks but i doubt i resist not listening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

I tried that too Sunny. I just suffer from a lack of willpower I guess and just had to keep up. 20 min episode fits my schedule well as I can listen to it at work, but that's just me. Still - cliffhangers always drive me crazy and every episode IS one.
    I'd love to see this as a mini-series or something eventually.

Curious who/what the Colonel will be...

ah good to hear from you dakota
    i thought maybe the Zs had taken you down

Nah man - just busy, busy. Stupid life. :D Going to try and be a bit more active.
    Some zombie related things in the works though. Should have stuff to share by months end!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I wonder if the Mallers are enroute to the same base.

It also crossed my mind if the colony could have any link to the base.

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't think either of those groups is gone for good. Mallers lost a lot of people, I think, when the tower came down but I'd guess those are the tracks that Victor and Saul found - or it could be Angel and Burt back up and in action - somehow. I find it hard to believe both those guys are dead.

The Colony - I don't know. Gotta believe they are out there someplace.

Any bets on the Colonel being someone they already know? Not sure why. Just a hunch, which is probably wrong. :p

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think either of those groups is gone for good. Mallers lost a lot of people, I think, when the tower came down but I'd guess those are the tracks that Victor and Saul found - or it could be Angel and Burt back up and in action - somehow. I find it hard to believe both those guys are dead.

The Colony - I don't know. Gotta believe they are out there someplace.

Any bets on the Colonel being someone they already know? Not sure why. Just a hunch, which is probably wrong. :p

It cannot be Burt and Angel back up. The mallers found them in the last episode of series two and put them in their trucks, which has to be the tracks Vic/Saul found.

As for the Colonel being someone they know, that's why the Mallers or the Colony came to mind. I was thinking that maybe the leader of one or the other was posing as a military man ( or in the case of the leader of the mallers I suspect he has a military background going by how he spoke with Michael/Angel and was spoken of as a similar level marksman to Burt ).

The fact that the mallers were already in convoy mode (and in two seperate convoys at at hat) before the attack on the tower suggests that they were moving somewhere that they already knew of, and who is to say that even if they do not have a person on the inside at the base that they don't know about it thanks to the spy/spies they had at the tower.

Of course there is the chance that things at the base are just as they seem as the We're Alive crew have a habit of planting seeds of doubt and then having things turn out as they first seemed.

Yeah - the mole is still out there. They can't leave that story thread open like that.

New episode day. It should be up on itunes in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

5 episodes in and still nothing much has happened. Last two seasons would have crammed everything so far into no more than 2 episodes. Its starting to have a whiff of the walking dead about it. Holding pattern until someone comes up with a plan for the story. We have hardly seen a Z all season and when we did it was all over in seconds. I'm starting to worry....

• Advertisement

Yeah there is a feel of filler from the last few episodes alright.

The army base stuff is crawling and over the course of three episodes all we have gotten is them landing and getting as far as the bunk house for showers and sleep.

Saul/Vic are moving slightly faster in terms of storyline, but not by much.

The cliffhanger endings to each episode are getting a bit tired also as pretty much each one is a gunshot or a drawn gun that turns out to be not much when the next episode starts.

As for the new stuff from the new episode. The fruit/veg plot that the hoodies seems like a way to bring yet another faction into the mix as I don't think it is the Mallers or the Colony.

If the army base are not linked to the Mallers and Colony (and I have a suspicion that they will be linked to one of them, probably the Mallers) then they become another new faction again.

The hoodies are a bit hard to swallow if they are any kind of decent sized faction, as the Tower crew have been out and about for two seasons and never came across any sign of them, unless Skittles and his dead friends were originally in that group.

But if all do turn out to be seperate factions then we would have

Tower crew
    Mallers
    Colony
    Hoodies
    Army base crew
    Creatures (possibly led by superhuman striped suit dude)

The lack of creatures is a bit odd as well. There was a time that the Tower could not be left without coming across some, but now Saul and Vic can drive a truck around without drawing in runners and all they have come across were a few body gatherers and one tank/behemoth.

Also we have had lots of new types of creatures that popped up and we have not seen again.

We had the tiny creatures that Angel came across when raiding the army base that He, Michael and Saul came from.

We had the long legged (possibly gliding) cretures that were able to jump/glide to the tower from the building beside it.

We had the water creatures from the time Michael, Kelly, and Pegs checked out the boat that was near the beach house.

And of course we have the arrow catching suit wearing super creature who lets not forget had managed to get inside the tower before.

Just seems that there are a lot of creatures who seem to be used once or twice and then forgotten about.

beacause of the hood i wonder is it someone we know, skittles or someone from the tower maybe even lizzie but that doesnt explain how they got to be a gatekeeper for a pop up fruit farm.
    i cant see the colony having a satelite garden so far from there base
    i dont think its mallers either even though they found the address on one of them, maybe the mallers started the garden and left or found it set up and took over.
    either way the hoodie cant be a maller it just doesnt feel right
    so i really have more questions then answers so im going to hazard a guess that its lizzie/skittles in the hood

yeah i know if it is one of them why would they knock out saul:confused:

SUNGOD wrote: »
    beacause of the hood i wonder is it someone we know, skittles or someone from the tower maybe even lizzie but that doesnt explain how they got to be a gatekeeper for a pop up fruit farm.
    i cant see the colony having a satelite garden so far from there base
    i dont think its mallers either even though they found the address on one of them, maybe the mallers started the garden and left or found it set up and took over.
    either way the hoodie cant be a maller it just doesnt feel right
    so i really have more questions then answers so im going to hazard a guess that its lizzie/skittles in the hood

yeah i know if it is one of them why would they knock out saul:confused:

Well Skittles has never met Saul, so he might see him as a maller.

Skittles had met Kalani, Angel, Datu and Riley.

I'm still wondering as to where he knew Kalani from, and still think that Kalani was one of the moles but that he changed sides when the girl was shot by the mallers instead of Lizzie, as I think that girl had some link to Kalani.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Anyone find the sound quality not as good as before? Finding it harder to hear the characters in places.

the mallers had someone belong to kalani , i thought it was his daughter but never thought it might be the girl shot at the golf course, i think he would have reacted if that was true.
    kalani was a mole but only because the mallers had his daughter , scratch said she had two of the towers people, i think kalani hinted at this before his suicide mission all will be revealed in his journal he made angel get

the sound seems ok to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

The hoodie could be a straggler from anywhere.

The hoodie could be a straggler from anywhere.

It would have to be a straggler that had the time and resources to build a garden area, reinforce it, have had the time for plants to grow into full trees or the means to transport close to full sized fruit trees, plus the tech to alarm the garden and the tech to know when the alarm was tripped.

Oh yeah, plus the ability to outflank a trained soldier who has the experience of active duty in a real warzone before coming back to America.

Sounds a bit more than just a random straggler.

If it is not Skittles then it has to be someone or some group that were using that area for some time, and who has managed to remain undetected.

Kess73 wrote: »
    It would have to be a straggler that had the time and resources to build a garden area, reinforce it, have had the time for plants to grow into full trees or the means to transport close to full sized fruit trees, plus the tech to alarm the garden and the tech to know when the alarm was tripped.

Oh yeah, plus the ability to outflank a trained soldier who has the experience of active duty in a real warzone before coming back to America.

Sounds a bit more than just a random straggler.

If it is not Skittles then it has to be someone or some group that were using that area for some time, and who has managed to remain undetected.

And given the fierce attacks that pounded and sometimes broke through the near permanent walls and barriers erected around the Tower fortress everytime they dropped a plant or sweated too much they better have a good explanation as to how some guy a few blocks over protected his garden with a low fence and a single motion sensor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Doesn't have to be someone who was with the garden from scratch. If not left/stayed behind by another group than it could be someone who fancied their chances by themselves from the start.

You don't have to be a trained combatant to survive, you just got to be selfish and smart.

Doesn't have to be someone who was with the garden from scratch. If not left/stayed behind by another group than it could be someone who fancied their chances by themselves from the start.

You don't have to be a trained combatant to survive, you just got to be selfish and smart.

True, but to easily get the drop on a trained and battle experienced combatant you would have to be either very lucky or very well trained.

It also had to be someone who had the equipment easily available to set up a silent alarm on the gate and also have the equipment to receive a signal from that alarm when tripped.

Also the fact the place was alarmed in the manner it was, suggests that it is a location that has been used for some time as a supplementary food source and that the food sources are being kept some distance from the stronghold/safehouse. The fact it took hours before someone turned up suggests that there is some distance from where the person started from to the fruit yard (even if some time scoping out the surrounding is taken into account) and it also suggests that the wireless alarm system is one that is good enough to send and receive a signal over distance in a city area full of obstructions.

• Advertisement

New episode day. :D

Should be available on itunes around 17:00 if it is anything like all the other episodes to date.

The eagle has landed. I repeat, the eagle has landed. :D

Damn, there is no new episode next week or the week after that. March 6th is the next new episode.

So another episode down, and the crawling pace continues.

No creatures again save for one shouting somewhere else in the city.

The person who took Saul down looks to be part of another group who managed to fortify an apartment block/hotel but nobody noticed they were there or that there was a group building walls and big cage things on the outside entrances to their building.

And this new (or are they linked to one of the groups we know) group have a file on Kalani.

Could they be the tower that Kalani claimed he belonged to? But if they were then the place should be in tatters as he said the creatures got inside and wrecked the place. Then again there is a problem with that as the blind girl's mother who befriended Datu in the arena said she was from that tower as well and she said she had no idea as to who Kalani was, and Kalani did not make his claim of being from the tower until after she was dead.

Plus there has to be a high enough level of organisation with the new woman's group (and I am not convinced her group are all dead) seeing as she said they had a number of those gardens built around the city. They seem to be well organised and have built a lot not to have been noticed, plus if they have records of the strip club and the tankers etc from series one, then they were moving around in the same areas as both the Mallers and the guys from our tower.

Hope this series starts to pick up soon as it is very dull at times and missing a lot of the storytelling from the first two seasons.

Not a bad episode. The pace may be a little slow lately but I've enjoyed the bits with Saul and Victor.

I'd guess either Kalani was a maller, ie the Mole, or he was with her group in 'the other tower'. I'm not sure what the other options would be really.

Have to wait a couple weeks now for anything new... :mad::mad::mad:

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Not a bad episode. The pace may be a little slow lately but I've enjoyed the bits with Saul and Victor.

I'd guess either Kalani was a maller, ie the Mole, or he was with her group in 'the other tower'. I'm not sure what the other options would be really.

Have to wait a couple weeks now for anything new... :mad::mad::mad:

Well we know that there was at least two towers. The Michael Tower and the Tower that Hope's mother was in.

Now what we don't know is if where Vic and Saul are now is that second tower or in fact a third tower.

Kalani claims he was from the second tower, but Hope's mother was from that tower and says she never saw him before. Also Skittles said he recognised Kalani but Kalani said he never saw Skittles before and Skittles is also meant to be from the second tower.

The second tower was meant to be gutted by the creatures, so if where Saul/Vic are right now is in fact the second tower, then there is no way one person managed to rebuild it to the level described in yesterday's podcast.

Have a feeling that this is a third tower and Kalani caught their eye due to him being seen with the mallers and maybe he tried to get into their tower.

Another thing that was going through my mind was the zombie/creature with the markings. He turned up in our survivor's tower and Kalani recognised him and said he was in tower two. He also popped up in the hospital when Kalani was there.So that is three times in three different buildings that the zombie with the markings turned up when Kalani was present. Also Kalani said something about the zombies being different in the city to where he came from. Could there have been a link between Kalani and the zombies or whoever created what caused the Zeds I wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

I am guessing that Kalani is the mole and thats why the new tower has a file on him, Kalani's story about the second tower being gutted was probably just a story to cover him not being there anymore.
    The reason theres no one left there is that they got ambushed on the road.

I am guessing that Kalani is the mole and thats why the new tower has a file on him, Kalani's story about the second tower being gutted was probably just a story to cover him not being there anymore.
    The reason theres no one left there is that they got ambushed on the road.

Would explain where all the people that the Mallers had caged up in the trucks came from.

Just started re-listening to the first season this week. Listening to one full chapter a night to see what might tie in with some of the later events.

Listened to Chapter five (Lady and the Tink) last night. The planned ambush which Burt, Saul, and Lizzie thought was defo the work of the zombies caught my ear. The one were Lizzie said that a zombie had to have driven a car to block a convoy.

It got me thinking that the convoy could be the people from tower three and that it was the mallers who attacked them and not the creatures. The smell of creature in the car could have come from a creature being inside that car sometime before or after the car was used as part of the ambush.

It is also very noticeable in that chapter that it is hard to drive around or fire a gun without bringing in swarms of creatures, yet in the new season Saul and Vic are driving around the city in a big truck with a loud diesel engine and there have been very few contacts with creatures.

Also the zombies like the look out one in chapter five season one seem to be forgotten about in terms of the story.

Plus the speed of the zombies seems to have changed. In chapter five Burt. Saul and Lizzie are in a car that is doing 50 mph (the characters mention the speed the car is doing during the chase) and the zombies are keeping up with it. But later in the series we have our survivors involved in foot chases wiuth the zombies that does not see the zombies catch them with ease.

i think the writers deffinitely have the Zs responsible for that ambush.
    they went into quite a bit of detail explaining why it was them and i dont think it is of any use to the plot if someone explains at this stage that they were wrong about something that happened so long ago and more importantly that has no bearing on current events.

also i think the reason its easier to move around make noise and dont see as many Zs is because i have tha feeling the Zs are on the move or they are regrouping/organising into some kind of structured force

on a different topic im guessing these Zs cant reproduce in the normal way so i wonder what kind of lifespan they have.
    if its the same as humans then as long as some humans survive and reproduce the whole Zombie outbreak is one big waiting game

• Advertisement

Are they still on a break this week?

Advertisement