Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skeleton hologram card from 1980s cereal box...

• 01-02-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember a skeleton hologram card from a 1980s cereal box? I think it was from Dunnes Stores. I know this is a long shot.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

You're not thinking of the Weetabix Scary Stickers by any chance? There was a glow in the dark skull sticker in that series. It wasn't a hologram though. If you google "Weetabix Scary Stickers" you'll get a few links to pictures of them. To rule them out if nothing else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

You're not thinking of the Weetabix Scary Stickers by any chance? There was a glow in the dark skull sticker in that series. It wasn't a hologram though. If you google "Weetabix Scary Stickers" you'll get a few links to pictures of them. To rule them out if nothing else :)

Ah I remember those stickers but they are not them. The hologram was a thick card. I think it had a skeleton with a sword.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

Perhaps dungeons and dragons cards? They were shreddies prob around 1986/87

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16117&sid=f7cdcae4820ef7970ef3f137efa90f0f

Underdraft wrote: »
    Perhaps dungeons and dragons cards? They were shreddies prob around 1986/87

http://tomeoftreasures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16117&sid=f7cdcae4820ef7970ef3f137efa90f0f

Hi Underdraft. Thank you very much. Those are the ones. ;)

More here: http://the-lost-and-the-damned.664610.n2.nabble.com/D-amp-D-Hologram-Cards-td7086156.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Underdraft. Thank you very much. Those are the ones. ;)

No problem. By good fate I actually found those whilst looking for something else similar that came in a cereal. It reminded me that I'd once had those D/D's too. Wish I still had them as they look pretty cool!

• Advertisement

Underdraft wrote: »
    No problem. By good fate I actually found those whilst looking for something else similar that came in a cereal. It reminded me that I'd once had those D/D's too. Wish I still had them as they look pretty cool!

I had just the one. Not sure if it is still around. It may be somewhere in loft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Anybody remember Huckleberry Hound's fantastic friends?

As far as i remember it was a sticker series that came in reddybrek and they could be stuck into a haunted castle on the back..i think..maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

anyone remember the airplanes that were in the cornflakes man i used to love them:)

Advertisement