Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The ScrewDriver

Options
  • 24-01-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭

6 months in to vaping and I felt the need to get another e-cig. TBH the 650mAh ego battery died and I'v done the ego thing and have a 900mAh ego batt so....
    002blackbasic.jpg

You get them here.
    http://www.cavecom.com/screwdriver/shop/shopindex.htm

I got the body in black, a charger and 2 batterys.
    Didn't need atties or juice, I use cartos all the time now.

Its.... cute, feels good in your hand looks good on a table but rolls like a ball, no button to halt it progress. You can use it to play spin the bottle if you want!
    Size wise it as tall as a 650 ego and fatter, has no lights or led display and doesn't do VV. Basic E smoking device.

Vapor is mostly to do with volts and what you put them through so it works as well as an eGo with the same cart on it.
    The batteries are 3.7 v 1000 mah 16340s, tiny little things used for cameras mostly. The charger is a neat little thing that needs a plug adapter to work in our plugs which renders the neat design obsolete. Batts charge in about 4 hours same as most batts.
    The thing is for 1000mAh these batts don't last any longer than the 650 mAh ego and tapper off a lot in the last hour or so. Compared to the 1000 mAh ego the SD is a big softie, LR carts can realy hit hard on an eGo, on the SD less so. Standard res cartos about the same on either, maybe the ego wins for consistency.
    The button is at the bottom and it just a push in bolt with a spring, no electrickery here. Once you get used to it, it works really well, push with your little finger or pull it against the palm of your hand. Will go off in your pocket so you need the cover(which I lost :( ) or remove the carto, I find that the best as the whole thing fits into a baccy box and stops me chain vaping a bit.

Who would I recommend this too?
    Probably someone who wants good battery life and good looks, isn't too self conscious about vaporing and likes iconic design. Me, in other words.
    A beginner might be better to stick with an ego type.
    I like it, would prefer if the batt lasted longer but 4 of these little things are no problem to carry around.
    Its an icon and the first commercially available mod, this thing came out around 08 or 09 I think, if I were the madman with the SD account, " A little bit of history" might be the tag line I pitch. OK thats my Don Draper moment for today. :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

You can get a new cover for the switch handy enough.

Have you tried the little adaptor which allows you to use the attomizers from the ego t? I find it a brilliant addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

You can get a new cover for the switch handy enough.

Have you tried the little adaptor which allows you to use the attomizers from the ego t? I find it a brilliant addition.

I'l keep an eye out for a cover.
    No, I might get some adapters so as to fit some new toys at a later stage. Right now I like LR borges and once I have the chain vape broken I'll try some other stuff. Going down to 18mg nic too, I guess this vaping works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Was thinking of getting one of these a few months back when starting vaping but decided against it.
    There was and is so many to choose from that i split them into two categories, regulated and unregulated voltage to make the choice easier with regulated being a preferred option.

There seems to be very little that can go wrong with the SD from what i have read.
    The owner is quite actiive on ukvapers too if ya run into problems.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

derra wrote: »
    The owner is quite cantankerous on ukvapers too if ya run into problems.

FYP

mewso wrote: »
    FYP

:D

He certainly knows how to provoke all sorts of reactions when he posts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

:D

He certainly knows how to provoke all sorts of reactions when he posts.

To be fair to him I contacted him a couple of times in the past and he was very decent about sorting things out but he does himself no favours on ukvapers. Basically any new product that meant the Screwdriver might go down in the pecking order was automatically bad for various reasons the unmentioned one being it was bad for his business :) Loved to knock the general user and their fickle ways in terms of new devices and so on.

He voluntarily quit ukvapers at one point over a row in a thread but then people on ukvapers tend to take the whole online discussion side of things far more seriously in general than we might in my experience.

I was a big fan of the Screwdriver for quite some time despite the switch location which I wasn't keen on but for general use out an about the eGo batteries simply can't be beaten imo. Once at home then you might use other devices but if I'm going to the pub I'll have 2 or 3 eGo batts in my pocket.

To be fair to him I contacted him a couple of times in the past and he was very decent about sorting things out but he does himself no favours on ukvapers. Basically any new product that meant the Screwdriver might go down in the pecking order was automatically bad for various reasons the unmentioned one being it was bad for his business :) Loved to knock the general user and their fickle ways in terms of new devices and so on.

He voluntarily quit ukvapers at one point over a row in a thread but then people on ukvapers tend to take the whole online discussion side of things far more seriously in general than we might in my experience.

I was a big fan of the Screwdriver for quite some time despite the switch location which I wasn't keen on but for general use out an about the eGo batteries simply can't be beaten imo. Once at home then you might use other devices but if I'm going to the pub I'll have 2 or 3 eGo batts in my pocket.

Yep i figured that out over time alright as i read his posts and with those points being made by other users.
    That's the nature of forums for ya, little groups form etc and some of the carry on is childish and ridiculous.
    But as you say, some bring it upon themselves.

Yeah i'm very fond of the eGo batteries, have yet to get a 18650 type mod although i might get this if ya have not seen it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76639280&postcount=159
    Vey cheap on Heavens Gifts.

Yep i figured that out over time alright as i read his posts and with those points being made by other users.
    That's the nature of forums for ya, little groups form etc and some of the carry on is childish and ridiculous.
    But as you say, some bring it upon themselves.

Yeah i'm very fond of the eGo batteries, have yet to get a 18650 type mod although i might get this if ya have not seen it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76639280&postcount=159
    Vey cheap on Heavens Gifts.

Hmm could be a good replacement for my long dead Silver Bullet.

I sent Matt an email and they had no problem sending an order that was not a pre packaged kit. Cant fault them that way.

So after this a Provari? or a GG. Seen a thread on the Orion today, a mod with a tank and rebuild able attie. With any luck I'll be down to a couple of puffs of 6 mg by the 12 month mark and I wont need any of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af2BOoT6GPc&feature=related

Still like the SDs It dose what it says on the tin kinda thing.

Hmm could be a good replacement for my long dead Silver Bullet.

Did you mention a while back that it was the button giving you a problem with the SB?
    If so, Gary Dibley put a post up in the Modifications and DIY section recently about replacing the button with a more snashy one for a reasonable price.
    Think there was something else he done with it for the fee as well.
    Worth looking into anyway but for around same price ya can get that eGo one i think.

There ya go...
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/12585-sb-upgrade-and-some-new-wood/
    tommy2bad wrote: »

So after this a Provari? or a GG. Seen a thread on the Orion today, a mod with a tank and rebuild able attie. With any luck I'll be down to a couple of puffs of 6 mg by the 12 month mark and I wont need any of them.

Still like the SDs It dose what it says on the tin kinda thing.

If you do look at another mod i would suggest regulated voltage and just do as much research as ya can on them reading thread after thread.
    I was thinking PAPA R BOX MOD...
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/12749-some-more-vv-papa-mods/
    But i've been looking at different mods for ages and can't make a decision as there is always something else coming out.
    A repairable atomiser is much more important for me.
    The Orion is not regulated so i'll give that a miss.

• Advertisement

The Orion is not regulated so i'll give that a miss.
    The regulation dose make a difference to the consistency of the vape as the battery tails off all right.
    Hey, by next year we could see VV at ego prices and selling in tescos. Wonder if Aldi or Lidil would stock them.

Advertisement