Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ego-C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

People must be sick of reading my posts on this at this stage!

I opened the atty this morning and it was a cinch! Lifted the spike using scissors and out it popped. Pulled the wick down a little and reassembled.

Such a difference! Beautiful full flavour and warm. No dry throat or mouth anymore. Great vapour too. Not sure how the wick should be relative to the coil really but it's working great now.

These things will be really, really easy to clean, even for an idiot like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yeah, a couple of mil can make all the difference :p

Best of luck with it.

Yeah, a couple of mil can make all the difference :p

Best of luck with it.

Thanks for the tip!!

How much of the wick should be in contact with the coil? I didn't take much care with it!

I'm not really sure to be honest. If it's vaping well and not leaking, then I'd say you have it just right.

I always tell people that there is a bit of a learning curve to e-smoking, trial and error sometimes.

Youtube has some excellent vids about maintenance, filling and adjusting etc.
    Always worth a poke around there for some tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

People must be sick of reading my posts on this at this stage!

I opened the atty this morning and it was a cinch! Lifted the spike using scissors and out it popped. Pulled the wick down a little and reassembled.

Such a difference! Beautiful full flavour and warm. No dry throat or mouth anymore. Great vapour too. Not sure how the wick should be relative to the coil really but it's working great now.

These things will be really, really easy to clean, even for an idiot like me.

Glad to hear you got it sorted. Mine worked right away so I haven't interfered with the wick. It's tiny so maybe if I'll pull it down a bit in the future. Three weeks and a day now on the first atty, cleaned it twice and am curious to see how long it lasts. I use tobacco PG juice so maybe if you're using VG or low resistance atties it might not last as long.

• Advertisement

what's a good way to get started with ego-c if you already have an ego? what do I need to buy and where is a good place to buy- cheers...

glasso wrote: »
    what's a good way to get started with ego-c if you already have an ego? what do I need to buy and where is a good place to buy- cheers...

In my case, I bought from ovaleireland.ie (posting from phone so don't have link). I needed to buy the changeover kit (included the eGo-C cone and 5 atomisers) and 5 eGo tanks (1 pk). They're the only Irish suppliers as far as I know. Cost about 42 Euro so not cheap!

They can be bought in a number of UK sites too and I think they're probably cheaper.

In my case, I bought from ovaleireland.ie (posting from phone so don't have link). I needed to buy the changeover kit (included the eGo-C cone and 5 atomisers) and 5 eGo tanks (1 pk). They're the only Irish suppliers as far as I know. Cost about 42 Euro so not cheap!

They can be bought in a number of UK sites too and I think they're probably cheaper.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Supply of these seems quite limited at the moment, which I guess is keeping the prices up. Hopefully there'll be more supply soon and the prices will come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Cloud9 in the UK are doing ego-c changeover kits for £20.95. Would work out cheaper even adding on the cost of postage.

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/EGO-C-52-KIT/SubProducts/EGO-C-52-KIT-B

• Advertisement

Got my ego-c atty today, worked fine for about an hour and then just died!!
    Tried it on lots of batteries, same result.
    Have contacted the vendor and am awaiting a reply.

V sad :(

Got my ego-c atty today, worked fine for about an hour and then just died!!
    Tried it on lots of batteries, same result.
    Have contacted the vendor and am awaiting a reply.

V sad :(

One thing to check is that the wick is seated correctly. The top of the wick should be level with the base of the spike and they do tend to shift so check that. I think you'd probably have gotten that sinking rotten burnt taste if that was the case though.

They are finnicky little things alright but you could always pry out the spike and clean/dry burn the coil and wash the wick?

Thanks, but it just totally died. Not a gig out of it! Not heating at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Sounds like that atomizer is dead. Did you not get a pack of 5 with the kit ?

is it worth getting this or one of the repairable tank things (like Bulli) - any views?

TinCool wrote: »
    Sounds like that atomizer is dead. Did you not get a pack of 5 with the kit ?

No, just the one. It was an upgrade part from vapourworld.co.uk
    Yeah, the atty seems dead, no other reason for it not to fire really.

No, just the one. It was an upgrade part from vapourworld.co.uk
    Yeah, the atty seems dead, no other reason for it not to fire really.

this?

http://www.vapourworld.co.uk/shop/article_V10990050/510-PV%2C-eGo%2C-Riva-Tank-System-Upgrade-Set.html?shop_param=cid%3D65%26aid%3DV10990050%26

that's not an ego-c though?

is it worth getting this or one of the repairable tank things (like Bulli) - any views?

My eGo-C is working out well enough anyway. Atties are very accessible and easy to clean. I use 2 tanks and then just switch from one to the other and the new flavour comes through almost immediately.

Used the 510T before and this is streets ahead.

Biggest issue is that they do require a bit of tweaking now and again alright. Hopefully the 5 atties that come with the pack will mean that I won't have to be buying new bits and pieces as frequently though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

are they regular or low resistance?
    would they be suitable for a lavatube isd what im asking

The atties come in regular and LR but the LR are not readily available yet even from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm, might look into them

the chibi tank is great for prolonged vaping sessions where I know I'm going to vape this juice all day but it'd be nice to have a good tank system where I can switch smaller amounts of juice around in cartridges

Bang off an email and I'm sure they'll send a replacement atty.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    Bang off an email and I'm sure they'll send a replacement atty.

They responded: Send it back for a replacement. Will do!

Nah, this http://vapourworld.co.uk/shop/article_100174-003/eGo-C-Atomizer%2C-complete.html?shop_param=cid%3D1%26aid%3D100174-003%26

Cost £6.29 plus £8 odd for signed delivery + vat!! Ended up paying about 21 Euro for atty body and one knackered element.

do you need to get a tank seperately or does it come with one?

do you need to get a tank seperately or does it come with one?

No, doesn't come with a tank.

No, doesn't come with a tank.

was going to order some but they don't have the tanks in stock at the mo. hopefully someone on the Irish sites (ego-c upgrade stuff) will start stocking these at reasonable prices....

The iMist is like the Ego-C except you can separate the coil and wick and clean them very easily. If you have an Ego battery all you need is the atomiser and a few tanks as it has a 510 connection...no point in buying the full kit Irish Vapers used to have them but they were sold out last time I looked. I got one the other day and it's top quality so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSXYNBkZRT0&feature=plcp&context=C3884d11UDOEgsToPDskIZwbWjNLLyowsFB73xUo9W

Bubba9 wrote: »
    The iMist is like the Ego-C except you can separate the coil and wick and clean them very easily. If you have an Ego battery all you need is the atomiser and a few tanks as it has a 510 connection...no point in buying the full kit Irish Vapers used to have them but they were sold out last time I looked. I got one the other day and it's top quality so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSXYNBkZRT0&feature=plcp&context=C3884d11UDOEgsToPDskIZwbWjNLLyowsFB73xUo9W

just need a tank? I have an ego but no cone - is that required also or just a tank (what tank should I order)?

cheers

• Advertisement

These things will work out well. 10 days and the same atty working as new. I've disassembled the head a couple of times and washed with water and dry burned. Only took a couple of minutes.

The tank itself has had a couple of leaks though. Hopefully the silicone caps will solve that.

Advertisement