Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corruption - The gathering

• 19-01-2012 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭

The time is on us again to defend the world from the vast armies of the undead. We have held the line many times before but some have slipped through our net and now we must deal with it.

The latest installment of corruption, this event is set to be the busiest and by far the best yet. With 3 very diferent types of special characters and 5 diferent types of zombies in the biggest indoor airsoft site the gameplay should be insane. This is the 6th installment of this event and it has always gone down well.

With around 30 zombies (and a few special characters) this should be insane and players should note that this event is largely single fire so if your into your spray and prey it's not the event for you.

Date: 11th of Febuary
    Arrival Time: Arrive slightly before 20:00
    Finish: 08:00 Sunday morning
    !! Free if you want to be a zombie !!
    Price (with your own gear): €50 (Membership does not effect this price)
    Price (with a rental package): €100 (Membership does not effect this price)
    !! Free if you want to be a zombie !!

For more info go to:

http://www.reload.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=153&sid=2aef126ea576b6944d846e5a0d9770f9

or

http://www.facebook.com/events/285577254833647/

and ofcourse we'll be posting more info here at a later stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Steo_123

Corruption yessssssssss! best thing ever!
    Zombies, Come At Me Bro !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cool Breeze

see you there mates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Nice one, we have a lot of people booked into this event already so it should be a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alt_M

No way am I missing this! Last one was epic! Invest in a good torch! otherwise you'll spend the night brickin yourself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SpektorDyl

Can't Wait!! The corruption events never disappoint! Zombies growling, Grown men screaming, moments so tense you could hear a bb rolling on the ground and as if it wasn't enough a 6'8" MG wielding invincible monster of a man patrolling the building really tops it off!! I invite anyone who thinks they are man enough for it to attend and have your mind blown! You wont regret it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 God.hand

I see u want to slaughter innocent zombies again......count me in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Its the best nights airsoft ever. wandering in the dark trying to avoid zombies, tracer flying, shadows moving in the halflight. jumpy shooters and the special characters, nemesis the giant (literally) and belcher the zombie leader make for intense gameplay.

and all in the biggest and best site around.

and indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

i cannot attend due to my wife being nearly due, F*UCK!!! good luck to the lads attending you'll need it.:eek:

It's going to be even better this time around, we have more zombies and players, we even have a few new zombie types and a new special character to be introduced at the event.

We just got a flashing red light in red route one and will have the flashing orange light in Ninja alley done before the event kicks off. Not to mention all the other new lights in the place. All the lights are on seperate switches now so we can really darken some areas and all you'll be able to see is the dim flashes of red light in the long open corridor.

Scary :pac:
    joe stodge wrote: »
    i cannot attend due to my wife being nearly due, F*UCK!!! good luck to the lads attending you'll need it.:eek:

That sucks dude but on the other hand you've a new kid coming soon so that rocks :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

Hey lads could you stick me down for the event please i haven't attended a corruption event before so i need to see what all the hype is about. 12 hours of sheer terror. if i don't piss my pants i want my money back.:D

• Advertisement

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    if i don't piss my pants i want my money back.:D

Deal :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭C0RPS3R

Cannot wait for this lads!
    The previous corruptions have been some of the best airsofting I have ever done, so really looking forward to this!
    Bring it on zombitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SpektorDyl

We just got a flashing red light in red route one and will have the flashing orange light in Ninja alley done before the event kicks off. Not to mention all the other new lights in the place. All the lights are on seperate switches now so we can really darken some areas and all you'll be able to see is the dim flashes of red light in the long open corridor.

SIMPLY EPIC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭jamrole

cant wait

Any one here a have a recommendation for a good rail mounted torch?

Alt_M wrote: »
    Any one here a have a recommendation for a good rail mounted torch?

Talk to Dimitri on site dude, as far as I am aware he sells pretty cool torches. There is also the camo shop, the last torches he posted about were amazing.

The scariest thing ever is turning on your torch and no one's there then knock it off and back on and there's 4 zombies about to eat you!

Talk to Dimitri on site dude, as far as I am aware he sells pretty cool torches. There is also the camo shop, the last torches he posted about were amazing.

The Camo shop has a beast of a torch! thanks!

No worries dude, they do have some great gear in there. It's the only place I'll buy my airsoft gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Put me and 3 others down for the night. Ye'll be selling nappies on site again yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cool Breeze

hi mates,

what's the story with knife-kills and zombies?

thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mister TETRA

hi mates,

what's the story with knife-kills and zombies?

thank you.
    Knife kills are standard, however I don't know how effective a knife would be to a Zombie.

Knife kills are standard, however I don't know how effective a knife would be to a Zombie.

What if you stab him in the face

Steo_123 wrote: »
    What if you stab him in the face

Then your told to step out of a game for hitting someone in the face, calm down Steo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Alroth

This looks great, I've been looking for something like this for ages, got a few friends wanting to go as zombies(2-4) and some as humans(1-3).
    Was just wondering if there's anything recommended to bring for each group or if there's anything someone new to this corruption business should know?

Alroth wrote: »
    This looks great, I've been looking for something like this for ages, got a few friends wanting to go as zombies(2-4) and some as humans(1-3).
    Was just wondering if there's anything recommended to bring for each group or if there's anything someone new to this corruption business should know?

I don't know if we have room for any more zombies to be honest dude, nearly all the zombies attending have done this event 4 times or more (or have played in one of our smaller zombie games) so we can expect a great display. We have decided not to accept to many zombies to make sure we don't get anyone not able to play the part properly. Have they any experience in playing zombie roles or have they ever played airsoft?

As for the human players you should bring a bit of money for food (we normally order some food for everyone), boots (or runners with really good grips), make sure your aeg can fire on single (A lot of people have guns that just can't) because if your gun can't fire properly on single you can't use it.

Be prepared to be grabbed/dropped, pulled & dragged by the zombies. They don't just touch you and say "cought you", they try thier best to make it really intense and averagely they'll try to get the drop on you because they are out to scare you as much as they can, characters like nemises and belcher are out to herd you, they are the only people on site allowed to fire heavy bursts so when you see them you run.

There are characters called beserkers that can't be killed when on a hunt so the only way to get away from them is to sacrifice one of your team mates (or enemies) so when they are chasing you (Full sprint) run to the enemy base and hope the beserker grabs one of them instead of you.

Get a good nights sleep on the Friday, as I said the event is very intense and being tired isn't a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Jayo123

best event around if you ask me, sheer teror in peoples eyes once they see a zombie is brilliant. it will definetly be an event you wont forget

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Alroth

Cheers for the reply, sounds fantastic, exactly what I'm looking for.

Jayo123 wrote: »
    best event around if you ask me, sheer teror in peoples eyes once they see a zombie is brilliant. it will definetly be an event you wont forget

Good man Jay, I'll throw you that score later on mate.
    Alroth wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply, sounds fantastic, exactly what I'm looking for.

No problem at all dude, I'm sure you'll love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

I'll be along for this - do we need to register? Are you placing a cap on numbers?

Advertisement