Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Maxthedm wrote: »
    I just got it on itunes now

It's not there now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Kess73 wrote: »
    It's not there now :(

My itunes dl'd it automatically. Click refresh in the bottom right corner of your podcasts library

edit; if you're subscribed to we're alive that is..

My itunes dl'd it automatically. Click refresh in the bottom right corner of your podcasts library

edit; if you're subscribed to we're alive that is..

Waahayy it's there. I had not checked my podcast libary beforehand, I just went straight to the itunes store and checked there.

Weird that it is not showing in the store but had already downloaded and was waiting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

Why is it so short!!!! Such a perfect podcast!!!
    Left me wanting more than i did before!

If it had been a mid season podcast I think I would have enjoyed it more.

I was hoping for something a bit longer as the season opener, and it skipped over a few of the cliffhangers from the last episode of last season. I know Burt and Angel will be looked into at some point, but it would have been nice to have touched on where they were being taken etc., in the season opener seeing as finding them closed the last season.

Having said all that, it is great to have We're Alive back. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

yeah totally agree, great its back but as always i wanted more
    so we will probabily have 3 main story strands, the chopper, saul and victor looking for lizzie and bert and angel captured by the mallers.

SUNGOD wrote: »
    yeah totally agree, great its back but as always i wanted more
    so we will probabily have 3 main story strands, the chopper, saul and victor looking for lizzie and bert and angel captured by the mallers.

I am guessing that the folks in the compound where Vic came from have to reappear at some point as well.

I doubt something as big as the tower coming down, coupled with the smoke and dust clouds it gave off could have gone without notice even from miles away.

Plus we have Mr I catch Arrows to add to the mix.:D

is it next monday yet

i want to find out everything in the next episode:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Just caught up with it now

Love it, it always leaves you wanting more!

How do you subscribe to it on itunes?

New episode due today. :D

• Advertisement

Just caught up with it now

Love it, it always leaves you wanting more!

How do you subscribe to it on itunes?

Just download Itunes to your pc (if you do not already have it)

Click on iTunes Store after you open iTunes

Type We're alive into the search slot on the top right.

It will bring up a list of anything with that title, then just look under the podcast part of the search find.

You will see the We're Alive podcast and underneath it is an option to Subscribe.

Click in Subscribe Free and that's it.

New episode is up. :)

Sooooooooooooo.

Reilly goes walkabout. Did she go herself or if there a group of survivors in that farmhouse that captured her? I doubt if it was the Zeds/creatures because they surely would have attacked the rest back at the helicopter as well, unless of course Mr Catch Arrows just happened to be wondering about miles from the hospital.

Thought Michael was a bit quick to say he thought everyone else was dead and that there would be no chance of survivors. Given how many of the group, including himself, were pretty much written off as dead in the past and still came back you would think that he be holding some hope. Maybe he was just saying what he said so nobody would want to go back.

Saul/Victor look to be almost ready to go back to the remains of the tower, and we still have nothing new on the Mallers taking the tower survivors (Burt and Angel) wherever.

Show is amazing!!! New ep was good-I reckon Reilly went on her own I reckon. I'm literally dying in waiting to hear from Burt and angel-as for vik and Saul, I think they will meet back up with the mallers and get them out. I would think Reilly would be trying to get back to the tower alone, but on her own, so far out....I dunno.
    I still think we're alive is the best podcast/zomb story I have heard in a long long time!
    Amazing!!!

Show is amazing!!! New ep was good-I reckon Reilly went on her own I reckon. I'm literally dying in waiting to hear from Burt and angel-as for vik and Saul, I think they will meet back up with the mallers and get them out. I would think Reilly would be trying to get back to the tower alone, but on her own, so far out....I dunno.
    I still think we're alive is the best podcast/zomb story I have heard in a long long time!
    Amazing!!!

couldnt agree more. if there was an "couldnt agree more" button i would be hitting it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

I hope they find Reilly was bitten in the tower battle and she turned into a Z while out for a smoke. She wandered over to the farmhouse where the farmer and his family locked her in the barn with other Zs they have collected. Michael and Pegs follow her trail to the farm. The farmer offers them food water and a safe place to spend a few weeks. But they take one look at the locks on the barn and realise straight away what is going on. Michael firebombs the barn shooting Reilly in a mercy killing. He then hops on the repaired helicopter and flys away uttering the words ”now thats how to do things".

touts wrote: »
    I hope they find Reilly was bitten in the tower battle and she turned into a Z while out for a smoke. She wandered over to the farmhouse where the farmer and his family locked her in the barn with other Zs they have collected. Michael and Pegs follow her trail to the farm. The farmer offers them food water and a safe place to spend a few weeks. But they take one look at the locks on the barn and realise straight away what is going on. Michael firebombs the barn shooting Reilly in a mercy killing. He then hops on the repaired helicopter and flys away uttering the words ”now thats how to do things".

Not happy with the Walking Dead and hoping that We're Alive fixes that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Anyone notice about the night vision goggles and hopes interest in them? They amplify the available light, so maybe she isnt 100% blind and this will allow her some form of sight?

phill106 wrote: »
    Anyone notice about the night vision goggles and hopes interest in them? They amplify the available light, so maybe she isnt 100& blind and this will allow her some form of sight?

Did not even consider that as an idea. Could well be something that could be explored by the gang.

New episode sometime today. Just tried refreshing on iTunes and nothing new yet.

yeah im waiting patiently here
    roughly what time did it come on last week?

• Advertisement

It is there on iTunes now. Just clicked refresh and it started to download.

One bad thing is that it says the next episode is not until Monday 30th Jan, so no episode next week. :(

They finally reach the base. So was the growl and gunshot in the last second of the podcast one lone Zed/mutant, or were what they saw in uniform all Zeds/mutants who were smart enough not to move like those in the town the helicopter flew over enroute to the base?

And Reilly just went drinking in the middle of a cornfield? And the zeds just turn up when Michael and Kelly go looking for her? Big loud helicopter lands there the day before, but the Zeds only surface when the guys are making noise looking for Reilly? It could be said that the zeds were trying to follow the chopper, but if the zeds were so far away that it took them hours and hours to arrive, then surely they would not have been able to find the area the chopper was in oince the noise stopped. Unless, and this just came to me as I was typing, Datu was sweating whilst working to fix the chopper and maybe Reilly was as well thanks to her drinking, and we know the Zeds are attracted to sweat.

Stlll nothing on Burt or Angel :mad:

As always, perfect.
    I liked it, even though angel and Burt have not been mentioned, getting annoying. But I think Saul and vik will meet up with them, from there michael's side will die down and it will focus on them.
    As for the base, as kess, pointed out, the lone mutant or not...I don't see how a lone could be there, unless one of two things
    Military use it as a guard dog kinda thing to test if there worth having, also to make sure none of the (if not all) all mutants.
    Or the base is all gone.
    Either way, makes for a sweet continue.
    I think they found Reilly smell, a bit off in the woods, were closing in and the group luckily managed to find her.
    Looking forward to the next ep...

yeah i dont think it will be as simple as the base is overrun
    maybe as outsider said they have some zeds loose in the outside compound as either guard dogs or so prying eyes just assume its overrun and stay away
    i would imagine michael is not the first to think of heading to a military base as a safe haven and maybe a lot that did were not that friendly ie mallers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

We just heard a sort of confused moan or grunt and a shot. What's the odds someone (not Michael) just paniced and shot the first guy who ran up to the landing pad. Great way to introduce yourselves.

i think the sound we heard was definitely the sound of a Z

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Im with sungod, im thinking a barrier of Z's caged in between inner and outer perimeter gates.

phill106 wrote: »
    Im with sungod, im thinking a barrier of Z's caged in between inner and outer perimeter gates.

Or a number of cages of zeds placed around the base so that the smell of Zed would cover up the smell of human. But then again for that to have happened whoever is in the base would have had to have discovered about how attractive sweat (well pheromones anyway) is to the zeds.

New episode day. :D

• Advertisement

New episode is available on iTune now.

Advertisement