Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone have an 18650 charger?

• 12-12-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

Long shot - the 18650 charger that I have for my Lavatube has just died and my batteries won't last - does anyone around Dublin have one I could borrow until I get a replacement?

I'm screwed otherwise!

Cheers (hopefully)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you fancy driving down to carlow I can give you an ego battery and a dcc to keep you going, but no 18650 chargers im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

if you fancy driving down to carlow I can give you an ego battery and a dcc to keep you going, but no 18650 chargers im afraid

Cheers mate,

Thanks for the offer but I've got a few ego bits and pieces myself -just hoping I wouldn't have to vape at less than 4.5 volts tomorrow - it's made that much difference in less than a week.

I'll probably have a replacement on Wednesday...

Thanks again for the offer mate, it's really appreciated!

god damnit, you're making me regret ordering my lavatube from 2smok
    want it now!

what atomisers you using with it

Mostly using Boge 3 ohm 510 cartomisers at 4.5 volts. I tried using CE3's but they're such a pain in the ass I gave up - really used to like those too. Kanger LR's are okay but they're limited to a lower voltage, they seem to burn really easily though.When I'm not using the Boges I vape with a standard type B Ego T atty - absolutely rocking amount of vapor at 4.5 volts, it's definitely worth getting a 510 to Ego adapter if you don't already have one

Should have a new charger tomorrow but in the mean while last night I had 3.8 volts left on my battery - after chain vaping all day I'm down to 3.5 on the 1700mah 18650.
    There's stellar battery time on this device.

I hope you get yours soon because I know you'll love it.

awesome, i've got some boge 3 ohms coming from healthcabin
    although theyll probably get here before my lavatube so theyll just be sitting here, mocking me

• Advertisement

I've been waiting since I for the first crap mock up drawings, must be at least six months.
    Not long for you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mrplop wrote: »
    Hello folks,

Long shot - the 18650 charger that I have for my Lavatube has just died and my batteries won't last - does anyone around Dublin have one I could borrow until I get a replacement?

I'm screwed otherwise!

Cheers (hopefully)

A few users mentioned about the charger dying or one that went on fire :rolleyes:
    Where did you order the charger from?
    god damnit, you're making me regret ordering my lavatube from 2smok
    want it now!

what atomisers you using with it

I believe they are en route to Portugal, so it will be another couple weeks anyway.

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

The charger I had is exactly the same HX-101 18650 charger you can get anywhere so I'm not going to say where it came from just in case it impacts negatively on their business.
    I got a replacement from them which is working, however the rubber insulation on the plug has split, it's exposing the fine red and black cable even though I treated it with the utmost care. I'm not going to bother asking for another replacement because these chargers are obviously just sh!te - the next would probably have something wrong with it too.

Unfortunately three quarters of the Lavatube kits just happen to come with these particular chargers and the iffy generic batteries.

Sir Digby,
    I'd cancel your order and buy closer to home, there will only be €15 in the difference and you'll probably have your Lavatube before Christmas. Irishvapers site is saying there's a 90% chance that they'll have their units shipped out to customers on the 21st of December - with the discount code and free post you're talking about €63. This kit includes the decent Trustfire charger, two HR 510 atomisers, two AW 1600mah batteries, plus the nice warm feeling you get when you support an Irish based vendor.

derra wrote: »
    A few users mentioned about the charger dying or one that went on fire :rolleyes:

Could you point me to the article?
    I'm scared of the bloody thing now...

• Advertisement

Could you point me to the article?
    I'm scared of the bloody thing now...

It was a post on one of the Lavatube threads on UKVapers. Had a quick look there but there are so many threads related to the Lavatube i can't find it right now.

Sir Digby,
    I'd cancel your order and buy closer to home, there will only be €15 in the difference and you'll probably have your Lavatube before Christmas. Irishvapers site is saying there's a 90% chance that they'll have their units shipped out to customers on the 21st of December - with the discount code and free post you're talking about €63. This kit includes the decent Trustfire charger, two HR 510 atomisers, two AW 1600mah batteries, plus the nice warm feeling you get when you support an Irish based vendor.

i've thought about doing that, but I bought the lavatube using a 3v voucher and I just don't want the hassle of having to deal with a refund and having to look in my apartment for the voucher with the correct code. im pretty lazy like that :(

Would of likened to get mine for christmas too, but in fairness to 2Smok they did say late December before shipping. All good things come to those that wait as they say.
    Have a very decent multi voltage Box Mod to keep me going till then anyway.

Will probably get the body only off Irishvapers.

i was trying to convince myself that I really need two lavatubes :D

Getting yourself a decent atty should be next on the list but go on, spoil yourself :D

hehe
    im watching that genesis line video you posted in the other thread

its my birthday in february so I might wait until then to treat myself to one
    be kind of a waste to get one now when I have an army of boge's and kangers coming in the mail from healthcabin

hehe
    im watching that genesis line video you posted in the other thread

its my birthday in february so I might wait until then to treat myself to one
    be kind of a waste to get one now when I have an army of boge's and kangers coming in the mail from healthcabin

Let us be the guinea pigs for ya so :D
    I believe it will rise in price after this batch.
    That was some order you made with HealthCabin :eek:

rise in price eh? hrm well if they're worth it they're worth it, i'll let you find that out for me :)

yeah, that oughta be enough juices/flavours and cartos to keepme going for the better part of next year. I do have a tendency to go through cartos really quickly.. but 15 boges and 10 kangers... there's no way that isnt going to last me at least 6 months. and i think around 400ml of juices too.. I can see myself buying some of my favourites over time next year but.. it looks like irish vaping websites are gona be without my custom for the forseeable future

rise in price eh? hrm well if they're worth it they're worth it, i'll let you find that out for me :)

yeah, that oughta be enough juices/flavours and cartos to keepme going for the better part of next year. I do have a tendency to go through cartos really quickly.. but 15 boges and 10 kangers... there's no way that isnt going to last me at least 6 months. and i think around 400ml of juices too.. I can see myself buying some of my favourites over time next year but.. it looks like irish vaping websites are gona be without my custom for the forseeable future

Yes, after this batch i believe they will have a shop and changing their prices.

I keep trying to get myself setup for long term vaping but something or another is also needed.
    Have definitely settled on 3 juices now and will be sticking to them for a long time.
    Hopefully will have two atties that perform well and a couple battery mods.

Aim is to have a low cost year vaping.

yeah i read the guy saying they were making no money from the lines and they're more than entitled to change that. looks like a great item.

• Advertisement

i was trying to convince myself that I really need two lavatubes :D

Of course you do!
    I've convinced myself already - as everyone says it's no ProVari but it's still a great bit of equipment for the money, if you break down the price of the batteries, atomisers and charger the deal works out better with the full kit.

There's an Ego type atty at IrishVapers that's repairable to a certain extent;

http://www.irishvapers.ie/atomizers/158-imist-atomizer.html

I think I may get one of these because I've been using an old SR Ego tank on the Lavatube and it's been really good, problem is that I use VG so it needs cleaning a lot if it's not constantly used. I still wouldn't be able to justify the price for one of those Bulli yolks or a ProVari - don't have the money anyway.

ive been trying to find information on those atties but the only places that seem to know of them are all full of jonny furrner speakers

just noticed now the cable for my trustfire charger has frayed to ****

at the side you plug in to a power socket and on the side you plug into the charger itself, the black casing has come away and the copper wire is exposed

can I just wrap this in electrical tape and be safe? or do I have to buy another charger... really can't afford that right now as the charger itself is fine.. it's just the power cable for it

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

ive been trying to find information on those atties but the only places that seem to know of them are all full of jonny furrner speakers

http://www.safercigs.co.uk/IMIST_Atomizer/p705283_5330582.aspx

uh
    i have a trustfire tr001.. does anyone know if the plugs for them are interchangable? like.. can you just buy a plug for it in an electrical store?

the cable that came with it was looking a little worse for wear, plugged it in just now and it exploded. seperated the cable from the plug, melted the plastic around the cable.. pretty big flame... and now i've no 18650 charger, and no money in the bank to buy one :/

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

If it were me I'd bin it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Bubba9 wrote: »
    If it were me I'd bin it

Me too, not worth risking killing yourself or burning the house down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sparkemo

Don't just wrap tape around the lead.
    If its just the lead at fault it should be replaceable.
    If your not sure DON'T TOUCH IT.
    Electricity is not to be messed with (I work with it every day).

Was it the plug or the Trustfire charger that exploded?

If it's the plug/figure of 8 lead then you can just use a bog standard lead from powercity - it's a 100 to 240V 50/60hz charger and it will work here and in the States.
    I've got a generic 18650 but the cable insulation has split at the plug, just checked it and it still works though.

You're welcome to have it.

• Advertisement

if all I need is a power cable.. I might just look in town next week and try pick one up

I had enough credit w/ irishvapers, and just barely enough funds left in the laser account that I was able to order a trustfire charger so i should have one by friday.. maybe tomorrow if I get the funds together to buy a figure of 8 cable.

i was offered a replacement from irishvapers if I post it back as it's under guarantee but im pretty sure the charger itself is fine and it's just the plug/cable that rocked my world.

my only charged battery is at 3.6v now so.. i will probably get tonight out of it.. then tomorrow i'm back onto the ego and the dual coils :/
    retro!

Advertisement