Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

At Your Service

• 25-07-2022 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭

Ah now, a multi millionaire who's already owns hotels if I'm not mistaken and he's on this? Only for advertisement.

Post edited by The Black Oil on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

yuk... Pink ... Did they keep violent mental patients in that room or what??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I like the white and black.

I was going to post that too!

I don't think it's bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

They seem like a nice couple, the decor is awful but there is a homely feel to the place and I'd say that you get a good breakfast in that B&B!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

There are a huge number of vacant holiday homes in Courtown and the surrounding area, and falling visitor numbers. There isn't much potential for old Guesthouses.

John Brennan was on the money saying it might not be worth spending a lot to chase a diminishing market.

(Although that wouldn't really make for much of a programme)

amdublin wrote: »
    I was going to post that too!

I don't think it's bad at all.
    A nice bright red door would have livened the exterior up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

yuk... Pink ... Did they keep violent mental patients in that room or what??

V. 80's...
    They seem like a nice couple, the decor is awful but there is homely feel to the place and I'd say that you get a good breakfast in that B&B!

Breakfast looked lovely! Love b&w pudding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

They seem like a nice couple, the decor is awful but there is homely feel to the place and I'd say that you get a good breakfast in that B&B!
    Just needs a big update, looks like a nice spot once its updated a bit. Its the colours that kill it , and the old style floral pattern bedclothes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I just LOVE this show...think Francis is a hoot!

Went to Courtown alot as a kid - shame to see it losing so much business..hopefully they'll get more business this summer:)

Ooooh! The door and the colour of the house looks great!

You can tell Margaret genuinely likes Francis.. big hug for him ..

• Advertisement

Haha.. did ye REALLY have to drive all the way back to Kenmare to have yere discussion lads.. :D:D:D

I like this couple alot.

Is the helter skelter still in Courtown? I still have scars from some yoke crashing into me feet up at the bottom :mad:

This is turning into 'Dirty Old Towns'

The room they were in looked great with the painted mantlepiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

You gotta love Francis...'Is feidir linn':D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

What a difference taking down those signs makes!

They have done a nice job on The Guesthouse, it looks well.

It's looking fabulous.

Beautiful!

Those shutters are FANTASTIC!

• Advertisement

Hope they do well - the place looks fab! Nice people! Good Luck to them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Fair play to them all, that designer did some job on updating decor

Ha ha! Francis is just brilliant! :D

I'd love to know what the budget was for doing up the house.

Edit : €37,000

€30,000 - but they went over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I just tried to look at the Harbour House website coz was thinking I might go down for a night this summer - and their website is down! I'm guessing alot of people had the same idea as me:D

They need to update their website to show the new rooms and not the old pink ones!!!!!
    :eek:

I'm gonna ring the coastguard and tell them I saw a shark off the coast of Courtown .. see what happens their 15% then.. :pac:

Fittle wrote: »
    I just tried to look at the Harbour House website coz was thinking I might go down for a night this summer - and their website is down! I'm guessing alot of people had the same idea as me:D

same here :o

Although I think it is back up now.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna ring the coastguard and tell them I saw a shark off the coast of Courtown .. see what happens their 15% then.. :pac:

Jonathan you bowsie!

Advertisement