Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prime toys MIGHT be out next week. (new info added)

• 14-01-2012 11:58am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭

New Argos catalogue due this day week.

Prime toys are reportedly contained within.

There is also some vague evidence, from a few different sources, to indicate
    that it may be an early release of toys from the ONGOING line rather than, first edition toys.

Until this can be clarified fully, take it with a pinch of salt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Argos are notorious for showing images of Transformers they don't stock. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they used images of the new Prime toys and just labbeled them 'Transformers Deluxe assortment' etc.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Usually i'd agree with you.

But evidence from several individual sources indicates that Prime toys are currently passing through Hasbro U.K's distribution centre, there are Prime toys specifically listed as such in the next catalogue, and that some branches will have limited stock at the end of this week coming.

How many IRISH branches have stock, we'll see.

I'll be sure o punch in some numbers next time I'm in one just to check.

So anybody get anything? Went for a nosey at lunch time, but it's soon soon for Voyagers, and too late for Deluxes (sold out)

So i basically got squat.

Haven't been scouting myself unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Apaprently Hasbro UK confirmed they won't be getting any FE toys.

Oh well. Time to go find them elsewhere then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Apaprently Hasbro UK confirmed they won't be getting any FE toys.

Oh well. Time to go find them elsewhere then.

How do you know if a toy is FE?

Edit - duh, checked eBay, it says it on the box...didn't expect it to be so obvious lol

This thread has turned into a moderator three-way.

If there are any NON-MOD Transfans reading, maybe chip in?

FutureGuy wrote: »

Edit - duh, checked eBay, it says it on the box...didn't expect it to be so obvious lol

Just buy the one that says Bumblebee on the box, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Haven't managed to check any toy shops, but the youngfella likes Prime and I'll be in New York in April, so I'm sure he might get a few brought back.

Starting to appear at other retailers in the UK. and filtering through in the U.S too.

Hopefully Smyths will have these soon...it's not a massive amount of cash, but i'd rather wait and give the money to an Irish company.

Even if they do have a stranglehold on the toy market here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Argos out in blanch ain't got them in yet.

Hearing rumors that the First Edition molds have been canned, and i still haven't bought Arcee or Prime.

After dispatching minions, i at least got my hands on Soundwave.

Wheeljack would be nice too, but it will come round soon enough.

Cliffjumper i can't get used to, and i'm Bumblebeed out for the moment.

MarkHall wrote: »
    Argos out in blanch ain't got them in yet.

...or have they been and gone?

Initial quantities were said to be limited.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    and i'm Bumblebeed out for the moment.

TBF most of the movie line Bumblebees would be a suitable stand in for Prime BB.

There's an article, pictures, floating around that indicate the Japanese versions of mainline toys will come with Minicons that turn into their weapons.

Galvasean wrote: »
    TBF most of the movie line Bumblebees would be a suitable stand in for Prime BB.

Yes, their cunning plan was to come up with a toy line where they're not subject to Paramount's demands, but still create a toy line that looks and feels a bit Paramountish.

I've just been told that Hasbro UK are miffed at Argos for breaking the street date on Prime, and that as such ALL retailers now have to wail until March for full allocation of stock.

Morons.

Starting to appear in Smyths.

I'll be in Dublin later. Will take a peek.

Just got Cliffjumper and Wheeljack in Carrickmines. They can keep Bumblebee.

No Soundwaves. Feck.

Smyths off Jervis St. had Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack and Soundwave in small quantity. €15.99 a pop.
    The aesthetic is kinda nice. Somewhere between Animated and classic. Soundwave is kinda unique. I like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just a heads-up too that Season 2 kicked off this week in the States.. check with your cousins. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Galvasean wrote: »
    Smyths off Jervis St. had Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack and Soundwave in small quantity. €15.99 a pop.
    The aesthetic is kinda nice. Somewhere between Animated and classic. Soundwave is kinda unique. I like him.

same in smyths on fonthill road in clondalkin.

soundwave looks really nice actually. kinda surprised by that.

I would also just like to underscore the fact that Smyths are still left hanging on Voyagers.

Annoying.

But on a more personal note, i snagged a First Edition Vehicon for Japanese retail + shipping this morning.

So that's all my FE molds sorted, despite Hasbro dropping the ball.

Smyths off Jervis St. now have Voyager Prime and Megatron at €28.49 each. Be wary when purchasing Megatron though, some really bad face paint jobs doing the rounds.

Advertisement