Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1911's! anyone got a nice collection!?

• 10-01-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Like the title says, anyone here got a proud collection of 1911's,
    I started my collection 2 months ago got 3 so far, anyone want to voice their opinion on the best airsoft 1911 out there?, or post photos of your collection!

cheerssss :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Best in my opinion for quality, full-metal and price are the Tercel models. I have owned KSC, WE, Bell, Army & Tercel and it blows them away. It's such a direct clone of the TM that it has 'Tokyo Marui - Made in Japan' engraved on it. The fit and finish is just great and is on a par with the KSC I had, which was plashtic.

Great glossy finish too.

SG1S0671.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Davey34

I havent seen them!!, beautiful piece mate!, takes co2 cylinders? not by the look of the mag , fps any good?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

TM MEU, just ticks all the boxs lovely replica and great performer

Davey34 wrote: »
    I havent seen them!!, beautiful piece mate!, takes co2 cylinders? not by the look of the mag , fps any good?
    ;)

http://samsairsoft.blogspot.com/2009/08/tercel-1911a1-silver-review.html
    http://samsairsoft.blogspot.com/2009/12/tercel-1911a1-silver-review-update.html

I did a 2 part review of them, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CaptainCook

Puding wrote: »
    TM MEU, just ticks all the boxs lovely replica and great performer
    agreed great pistol, have TM hi capa and TM detonics as well, detonics is a great pistol.

• Advertisement

C cook , Was thinking of getting a Hi Cappa , there seems to be many different types of em , any ideas which to go for ? , I heard they are very upgradable! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Socom gear/WE from Airsoftguns.ie and Army branded 1911 from South East Airsoft:
    IMG_1154.jpg
    Img_1155.jpg
    Img_1152.jpg
    Img_1151.jpg
    Img_1137.jpg
    Img_1136.jpg

Detonics Mini like 1911's :D
    Bought from RSOV
    deton1.jpg

1911'ish based:

Bought from Mid West Airsoft
    m945-1.jpg

Western Arms my favourite ABS slide that does not feel like ABS. Fires lovely,
    heavy and awesome. (expensive too) bought from ehobby asia
    IMG_0410.jpg

TM Hi-Cappa! bought from Airsofteire at great price,
    it was working superbly out of the box but I wanted it as a learning gun so stripped
    it completely and replaced a lot of parts. Still need to get a correct length outer barrel to put the
    compensator on, and after messing about with it so much I've an issue with the gun/trigger not
    engaging that I've never fixed despite googling and reading til I was blue in the face.

But STOCK straight from the box these guns are excellent.
    IMG_1256.jpg

The basic bought from Eirsoft at the Toys for Big Boys show:
    WE1911-l.jpg

Ha ha!! Proper collection!!!
    Beautiful models there Bullets!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CaptainCook

C cook , Was thinking of getting a Hi Cappa , there seems to be many different types of em , any ideas which to go for ? , I heard they are very upgradable! :D
    Tm all the way, they are a nice blend of practicality and looks, but are expensive.Ive had Hicapa for 4 years now and no problems, my first airsoft pistol, brilliant absolutely love it, accurate nice balance and oodles of upgrade parts not that you'll need them. Also i think they released a custom version, which is meant for upgrading to race guns. As i said the detonics are lovely make a great backup backup, weighs a bit more then half a kilo.

Marui do lots of 1911 derivatives, take your pic hi capa 5.1, hi capa 4.3, desert warrior, folliage warrior id say they are all the sh!t.

Cheers C Cook! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

@Bullets: Sounds like the TM has a sear spring problem. All you have to do is pop the pin out of the bottom of the hammer spring housing (back of the pistol grip), and have a look at the silver 3-pronged spring (sear or leaf spring; I've seen it referred to as both and I have no idea which is correct, so I refer to it as both :D)

Firstly try re-seating it - all three prongs have a specific place to sit, and you can see it pretty clearly. If that doesn't sort it, you can bend the middle prong forward a small bit, which can help. From there it's basically just finding the correct position for it.

I've had many a headache caused by sear/leaf springs, and it certainly sounds like the symptoms I had. If you'd like I can try take pictures of the correct positioning etc?

Inari wrote: »
    @Bullets: Sounds like the TM has a sear spring problem. All you have to do is pop the pin out of the bottom of the hammer spring housing (back of the pistol grip), and have a look at the silver 3-pronged spring (sear or leaf spring; I've seen it referred to as both and I have no idea which is correct, so I refer to it as both :D)

Firstly try re-seating it - all three prongs have a specific place to sit, and you can see it pretty clearly. If that doesn't sort it, you can bend the middle prong forward a small bit, which can help. From there it's basically just finding the correct position for it.

I've had many a headache caused by sear/leaf springs, and it certainly sounds like the symptoms I had. If you'd like I can try take pictures of the correct positioning etc?

Cheers m8, Yep know all too painfully about the leaf spring, they are bloody sensitive things, I was actually on the look out for a replacement one, as over the course of time I've been fiddling with it and bending prongs to adjust it to see if it solved my issue. Oiling mine where the metal plate from the back of the trigger assembly moves/slides down under one of the prongs near the hammer assembly helps my issue for a while but the issue comes back over and over again. I've stripped this pistol down completely and replaced quite a bit of stuff. Am pretty comfortable with
    most of the gun stripping wise apart from taking the hammer assembly section.

(Sorry in advance for dragging this thread off topic but I'm going to do it anyway hee hee :D )

I've the 3 prongs seated correctly on mine. What tends to happen is
    gun cocks and fires fine for a while then randomly the trigger does not
    pull fully back to fire. Have looked at the trigger and leafspring for ages
    and read countless threads trying to solve the issue but nothing has worked.

One thing I have been wondering now that I've thought about it is the hammer spring that sits at the very bottom of the base was replaced by a
    160% strength spring, maybe its pushing a little hard on something, I may
    swap it out for a weaker one sometime to see if it makes a difference.

(To my shame also I made a balls of mounting the carbon scope mount where when
    drilling and tapping the holes for it one of the holes on either side did not align
    to I've it mounted with 2 out of the 3 screws, and with the cocking handle
    replacing the back sight it means I cant remove the slide without removing
    the entire scope mount and scope)

Win Gun 1911 anyone??! :D he he he a man can dream!

GP_WG_CNB4601-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Win Gun 1911 anyone??! :D he he he a man can dream!

GP_WG_CNB4601-1.jpg

thats all very nice, but i must say that trigger ruins it for me

thats all very nice, but i must say that trigger ruins it for me

It was the trigger that sparked a memory for me!
    That model (to me anyway) looks like the G&G Extreme 45.
    If I was to hazard a guess Wingun might be the manufacture?? making it for G&G brand (with a chrome and black colour scheme) Probably horrendously over powered. Not sure about the Wingun model but the G&G version was
    semi blow back rather than non-blowback or full blowback, as in the slide moved a small bit but not fully each time the gun was fired.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Had a KJ one and a Black hawk but flogged them.
    Still have this one and will never sell it :)
    The lads in Limerick actually used my pic for their site.

we-m1911a1-sm-type-c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Gaz2010

My kind of thread :D All Western arms full metal kits

IMGP0077.jpg

IMGP0028.jpg

Silver one is a very rare prime kit, dont know if i'll ever finish the f**ker!

IMGP0024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Good old Marui MEU with PGC kit

hmeu1.jpg
    hmeu2.jpg
    hmeu3.jpg
    hmeu4.jpg
    hmeu5.jpg

The old venerable Western Arms Gilded V12:

gb1.jpg

gb2.jpg

gb3.jpg

gb5.jpg

gb6.jpg

gb8.jpg

gb9.jpg

gb13.jpg

gb14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

Not the collection, but two of my later 1911s, Kimber Tactical Entry II & Kimber SIS.

IMG_6599a.jpg?t=1329170880

IMG_6581a.jpg?t=1329170880

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

Here's a few more shots from the opposite side, for you Kimber lovers out there :)

IMG_6927x.jpg

IMG_6759a.jpg

IMG_6797a.jpg

Showing the flat top of the SIS slide, with sight designed for one-handed racking :

IMG_6735a.jpg

IMG_6736a.jpg

• Advertisement

Got some wood grips for my MEU, they fill the hand very nicely and I like the smooth texture.

IMG_1366.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Locdown

Squad 701 wrote: »
    Not the collection, but two of my later 1911s, Kimber Tactical Entry II & Kimber SIS.

IMG_6599a.jpg?t=1329170880

IMG_6581a.jpg?t=1329170880
    Hey man would you be able to tell me if the tactical entry kit will fit in a serpa holster,have an MEU and was thinking of getting the kit for it,but with the rail i'm a bit nervous of the fit.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

tmmeu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

WE hi cappa
    WE baby hi Cappa
    We M.E.U

Advertisement