Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possible job losses at Honeywell Measurex

• 12-01-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/139979.html

There are unconfirmed reports that Waterford is losing more jobs to a cheaper location32 jobs are believedd to be going at the Safety Management System section of Honeywell Measurex on the IDA industrial estate in the city.It's understood the jobs are moving to Bulgaria.Staff were informed of the redundancies at meeting this afternoon, the job losses represent almost half of the staff working at Honeywell Measurex.Honeywell Measurex is one of three factories operating under the Honeywell name in Waterford, the other two are unaffected.

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Also approx 30 job losses announced in Sun Life on the IDA this week too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Heathen wrote: »
    http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/139979.html

There are unconfirmed reports that Waterford is losing more jobs to a cheaper location32 jobs are believedd to be going at the Safety Management System section of Honeywell Measurex on the IDA industrial estate in the city.It's understood the jobs are moving to Bulgaria.Staff were informed of the redundancies at meeting this afternoon, the job losses represent almost half of the staff working at Honeywell Measurex.Honeywell Measurex is one of three factories operating under the Honeywell name in Waterford, the other two are unaffected.

Wtf are our elected representives doing beside picking up a fat monthly cheque.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Nypd wrote: »
    Wtf are our elected representives doing beside picking up a fat monthly cheque.

Hasn't Honeywell being leaving for a while now? Also our representives can not force a company to stay here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Sully wrote: »
    Hasn't Honeywell being leaving for a while now? Also our representives can not force a company to stay here.

True, 130,000 employeed worldwide and guess where the highest labour rates are......

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Very very sad news again for waterford:( we must be one of the hardest hit counties in Ireland with regard to job losses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Very very sad news again for waterford:( we must be one of the hardest hit counties in Ireland with regard to job losses.

A bit unlucky id say. Ulster Bank job losses might hit Waterford also.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Sully wrote: »
    A bit unlucky id say. Ulster Bank job losses might hit Waterford also.

Jaysus yeah there leaving 600 go aswell in Rep of Ireland!! Needless to say then Waterford will take another big hit! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

The Honeywell losses will be glossed over on the news by the ulster bank story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Also approx 30 job losses announced in Sun Life on the IDA this week too!!

Anything to back that up? They were recruiting jobs only a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Anything to back that up? They were recruiting jobs only a couple of months ago.

I know most of the people that were told they are gone...

They were told on Monday

H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Just reading it on the RTE website. They are going to Bulgaria!
    More job losses at Ulster Bank & Diageo in Kilkenny & Dundalk.
    Who said we had turned the corner? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

True, 130,000 employeed worldwide and guess where the highest labour rates are......

Belgium

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

which one of the honeywell factories does this affect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The small one near the Cork road entrances I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I know most of the people that were told they are gone...

They were told on Monday

H

Do you know what department in Sunlife is going? I thought they were doing very well.
    Very very sad news again for waterfordfrown.gif we must be one of the hardest hit counties in Ireland with regard to job losses.

AFAIK, Waterford or at least the South East region, has the highest unemployment rate in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Do you know what department in Sunlife is going? I thought they were doing very well.

AFAIK, Waterford or at least the South East region, has the highest unemployment rate in Ireland.
    think its just voluntary redundancies as one of my friends took her redundancy and is goin for an interview for job in dublin next week

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

dayshah wrote: »
    Belgium

You are of course right.

According to Forfas in 2009 Ireland were ranked 10th of the OECD 28 in terms of Labour Costs & I would imagine that we have fallen below that ranking during the intervening years .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

leduke wrote: »
    which one of the honeywell factories does this affect?

The one opposite the old Aventis factory - its between the other two. Really sad to hear this - I was involved in transferring those products from Holland to Ireland about 8 years ago. That happened after other business had been lost from the site. Hopefully the same thing will happen again and Honeywell will transfer something else in.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Just seen that the old Honeywell Measurex site is getting refitted out, anyone got an idea as to what is going in there? I know Shivo were in there but as far as i know they are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Irishder wrote: »
    Just seen that the old Honeywell Measurex site is getting refitted out, anyone got an idea as to what is going in there? I know Shivo were in there but as far as i know they are gone.

Christ irishder, don't be resurrecting old headlines like that, hopefully something positive going on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭azimuth17

This thread should be renamed or withdrawn and I would ask the admin/moderator to do so. It has nothing whatever to do with Honeywell or Measurex and is deeply misleading on that basis. Absolutely the wrong thing to do in the light of major new investment in that unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Do you know who is investing in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Irishder wrote: »
    Do you know who is investing in it

Schivo was sold to a company from the Whest, former owner/Director of Schivo owns the ex-measurex plant, has setup business "hot spots" as far as I know, plus a food court of some description

Advertisement