Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How can I get started in broadcast journalism?

• 05-01-2012 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So I'm not exactly sure if this is the right forum to post in but here goes:

I'm currently a fifth year student and until the summer, I had no idea what I wanted to do. Last year I pretty much wasted my work experience on working in some clothing shop.
    Now I have a pretty heavy inclination towards broadcast journalism but I don't really know how I could get more experience before college. I've only written a small review for a youth magazine but I want to do more, so does anyone know any radio or t.v. networks, big or small, that would take on summer work experience? Likewise, could anyone who works in broadcast journalism offer any advice on courses, next steps after college, etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you are in Dublin, there are a number of community based broadcasters who welcome volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

spurious wrote: »
    If you are in Dublin, there are a number of community based broadcasters who welcome volunteers.

I'm also interested in broadcast journalism.

Do you know any community-based broadcasters in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yankeegirl

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'm also interested in broadcast journalism.

Do you know any community-based broadcasters in particular?

I second this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Here's one:
    http://www.near.ie/
    Their studios are close to Northside shopping centre.
    They have a fairly extensive schedule.

Here are some others nationwide:
    http://www.craol.ie/4/0/radio-stations.html

Advertisement