Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is it you like best about the franchise?

• 11-01-2012 10:22am
    Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭

As it says on the tin, what do you like best about the Halo franchise? For me its the entire universe of content and possibilities set within it - a bit of a blanket statement i know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

MASTER CHIEF IS DA MAN!!!!!!!

I love everything to do with Halo, it has always been my favourite game, and the books are brilliant. Bungie and microsoft did a great job creating the universe. And the music is class too.

And now this whole forerunner thing is taking off (maybe the storyline for halo 4), the 2nd book in the forerunner series was released 6 days ago, still waiting on delivery. And there was also the glasslands book, which was released in november, which continues the events after halo 3, but only talking bout the UNSC and what remains of the covenant (no MC though).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

Johnson, the do all and end all of halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Johnson is also the man, but i was annoyed when
    they killed him off. It totally ruined his character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The multiplayer.

I mean, I love the story, universe and all within, but the multiplayer, as far as I'm concerned, makes a joke of even the likes of COD, even if said game if vastly more popular....it's an awesome experience, the likes of which has never been bettered for sheer fun and possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Cydp3

I love everything about Halo!!!
    If I had to pick my favourite thing, it would have to be the Chief. He is a legend!
    I think that it has the best campaign ever made and I love the music in it.
    Can't wait for Halo 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

That's a tough question OP. Mine isn't actually anything inside of the game, it's the fact that Halo has revolutionised FPS games as a whole. It brought so many things to the table.
    Firstly, story. Not before Halo had a game such a complex plot, with such vivid and relatable characters. Before this, FPS were merely just about getting from point a to point b to kill the bad guys with intermittent boss battles. Sure, sometimes your wife had been killed, or someone you love kidnapped or you were a government agent after a terrorist. But Halo had the main plot (save the world from aliens) the sub plot (a parasite) a complex love interest (chief and cortana) amongst other things. it revolutionised the FPS story-telling to a whole new level.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

For me I love the story, how deep the universe is.

Also the fact you can create your own maps and games, leading to the creation of some hilarious games like Jenga and Speed Halo.
    It just makes you feel like anything is possible.

I also like COD and Battlefield but neither let you play around and experiment with the universe like Halo does. Looking forward to seeing what gets created in Halo 4 forge, map and game wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Its a magnificent story and universe built around a very good game.

Favourite character was Johnson.
    Followed by that Sassy british AI from Halo Wars.

Advertisement