Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

jumpguy wrote: »
    I quite like that too, more than the modern one :pac:
    Same, but imagine they messed it up. I doubt they could mess the other one up though :3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I know a guy who has a tattoo of a burning sliothar on his calf...

we all thought It was a skull for the first few months :P

That sounds class. I'd have to get a Gaelic Football if I was doing it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

jumpguy wrote: »
    I quite like that too, more than the modern one :pac:

Oh no, I love the logo, but the other one is probably a better tattoo :P

Colm! wrote: »
    Oh no, I love the logo, but the other one is probably a better tattoo :P
    The newer fox symbol is simple and impossible to **** up. The other one, quite possible.
    THat's why i want the newer version :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Steff

I'm just gonna throw my favourite tattoo up here for critique.

I've had people say I'd regret it, it's in a stupid location, it doesn't look finished, and way more, but I absoultely love it :)

205575_1967520992918_1389743707_2229326_8040496_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Well, you all know about Betsy :D If ye don't...she's my strawberry located on my hip ^.^ LOVE her! Shes all healed now but needs a touch up as my yellow still looks brown >.> Not nice. Decided I'm gonna get two tiny tattoos on my baby fingers on Saturday! A heart on one and a bow on the other :) Just teeny tiny ones like. For the cuteness factor and another step in my recovery!

Well, you all know about Betsy :D If ye don't...she's my strawberry located on my hip ^.^ LOVE her! Shes all healed now but needs a touch up as my yellow still looks brown >.> Not nice. Decided I'm gonna get two tiny tattoos on my baby fingers on Saturday! A heart on one and a bow on the other :) Just teeny tiny ones like. For the cuteness factor and another step in my recovery!
    YUS :D

Have a friend drawing up a tattoo, involving Spyro and Crash Bandicoot, if it looks right. BOOM.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Decided I'm gonna get two tiny tattoos on my baby fingers on Saturday! A heart on one and a bow on the other :) Just teeny tiny ones like. For the cuteness factor and another step in my recovery!

Just be careful with the fingers. Even though they're tiny you will more than likely be judged on it should you go for a job or interview. You might find it hard to get a good artist to do it for you unless you're already heavily tattooed because of the location and the reprocussions it can have. Not being a nark or parent or anything, just some advice!

Just be careful with the fingers. Even though they're tiny you will more than likely be judged on it should you go for a job or interview. You might find it hard to get a good artist to do it for you unless you're already heavily tattooed because of the location and the reprocussions it can have. Not being a nark or parent or anything, just some advice!

Thanks lovey :) Yea, I'm worked out the bit about the job interview stuff. Plasters over them or buy that make up that covers tattoos! I'm not heavily tattooed...As I said earlier, I only have Betsy :P The stigma against tattoos these days is still crazy, they dont harm anyone. Are the fingers a dodgy location to tattoo anyway?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Are the fingers a dodgy location to tattoo anyway?

Well the only thing is if you're getting something small it might look blurry. The fingers can need touch ups as well too because of the location. Why don't you get one on each wrist instead?

• Advertisement

Well the only thing is if you're getting something small it might look blurry. The fingers can need touch ups as well too because of the location. Why don't you get one on each wrist instead?

Because I always swore against getting a wrist tattoo. I dunno why but I just always have. I dont mind the touch ups and having done research online I've seen the small tattoos on the fingers. The bows and the hearts. Best idea is to prob ask the artist on Saturday? :P I'm gonna see if they'll do it for free while touching up my own tattoo. Same ink colours will be used and they'll be bringing the needle out anyway so gonna try my luck with it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I want a new tattoo. Now I'm not fully sure what I want (some inspiration would be nice) or where. Was thinking along the top of my back.

So, C&H, any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I want a new tattoo. Now I'm not fully sure what I want (some inspiration would be nice) or where. Was thinking along the top of my back.

So, C&H, any ideas?
    There's a guy I know (his name's James too :)) who got a tattoo covering pretty much the entire inside of his forearm in bold black writing. It's pretty deep and meaninful, in fairness; it says 'JAMES' :pac:

What's important in your life?

Some lyrics?

Music notes?

It's probably hard to say when you don't know the person in real life... Boards.ie logo? :P

So, C&H, any ideas?

It's your choice at the end of the day so go for something you want. No one can really tell you what you want to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

So, C&H, any ideas?
    Have you ever watched Miami Ink or LA Ink? They show some incredible tattoos, might give you some ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Was thinking of a quote or maybe a hummingbird on my wrist!

And yeah, I love Miami Ink but I'm looking for a small/medium tattoo and they usually have big elaborate pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So, C&H, any ideas?

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I think everyone should get their boards avatar tattooed on them somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Pigwidgeon wrote: »

I don't :P

But I change my avatar all the time! If I did that I'd end up with a sleeve in a year :P

Also got this added to my leg the other day

388146_10151046998730004_890345003_21575408_2006706713_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I've been looking into getting one with a while to commemorate some people who I was close to that have died (Namely my grandparents and uncle), but I don't want it to be that specific. Something about life in general, and how quick it can go by, but I've no idea what to get done.

Anyone got any ideas to suggest? :)

A pocketwatch or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

Grindylow wrote: »
    I've been looking into getting one with a while to commemorate some people who I was close to that have died (Namely my grandparents and uncle), but I don't want it to be that specific. Something about life in general, and how quick it can go by, but I've no idea what to get done.

Anyone got any ideas to suggest? :)

I'm getting a white feather for my Nana as my next one, soon hopefully :) So it'll still be pretty and not a typical 'r.i.p' kinda tatt. It can be as non-specific as you want and it'll still mean as much.

Like what I got added onto my other one, about five people know what it means but it still looks pretty :) Afraid I kinda ruined the footprints by adding too much on though.

313799_288790411140190_100000277016471_1124627_565710295_n.jpg

Also that's just after it was finished so that's why I've a big fat foot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I want a tattoo similar to this one but I'm slightly worried about how much it would hurt as it's on the ribs and it is a relatively big tattoo.

tumblr_lh1qz2rc2Q1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

Was also considering something like this
    tumblr_l5wavmvArL1qate2wo1_500_large.jpg

But instead of that inscription i would get something like "Hope is a thing with feathers" or another quote that I like.

If anyone has any opinions throw 'em at me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

tumblr_lpddeiGmz51qzabkfo1_500.jpg

I absolutely loooove this.

Very tempted, although I might just go with the symbol. Going to seriously look into when I get paid this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm looking at getting my first pokemon tattoo done for my birthday :) Just not sure where to go, and which pokemon to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I want something similar to these, when Im a bit older :o

tatuagem_passarinhos1_thumb.png
    small-bird-tattoo-bird-wrist-tattoos.jpg

Im sure its a fairly common idea for a tattoo, but I dont care, birds happen to have a pretty strong personal meaning to me,
    Now to just be old enough to legally get a tattoo.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

. harry potter tat
    a girl in my course has the deathly hallows symbol on her hand as well quite epic. wouldn't mind getting the "last enemy that shall be destroyed...." qoute tattooed somewhere myself equal parts nerdy and awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I'm toying with the idea of getting my first tattoo, found this one from Final Fantasy 8 and I think it's savage.

http://cryso.deviantart.com/art/Griever-Tattoo-Close-up-113849228

Might get it on the back of my arm, tricep area.

Does anyone know roughly how much it might cost?

• Advertisement

I'm toying with the idea of getting my first tattoo, found this one from Final Fantasy 8 and I think it's savage.

http://cryso.deviantart.com/art/Griever-Tattoo-Close-up-113849228

Might get it on the back of my arm, tricep area.

Does anyone know roughly how much it might cost?

Depends on size, colours etc, because most places have different hourly costs.

Advertisement