Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    somehow looked at Conacht wrong there - for some reason scanning over the table 8-5-1 somehow seems slightly worse than 8-6-0 :o

just like the pro's I suppose when ya looks at the NFL West :pac: still though if I was getting into the playoffs like that I wouldn't be complaining... just the way the ball rolls when your getting put in a division.. just gotta hope for a stroke of luck

Yeah, it would come down to the question do you want your fantasy league to mirror the eccentricities of the NFL itself or not, I can see cases for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

So is this week the semi final or what's happening?
    for some reason scanning over the table 8-5-1 somehow seems slightly worse than 8-6-0

Been making that mistake since I tied the game with FatGav's Fatties, can never get my head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Im taking on the Tipperary Bulldogs in the Div 4 Sbowl!

A Tipperary vs Kilkenny showdown! :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Im taking on the Tipperary Bulldogs in the Div 4 Sbowl!

A Tipperary vs Kilkenny showdown! :p

Final was played last week.

Ye need to sort our who finished where lads. Could be a bit of work calculating the different spots and who would have played who.

I've completely forgot about this thread till today I presumed with the fact its going till week 17 that someone made a bollix of it alright! Ah well.. Im going up next year anyway :D

• Advertisement

I've completely forgot about this thread till today I presumed with the fact its going till week 17 that someone made a bollix of it alright! Ah well.. Im going up next year anyway :D

Yeah we just spotted the mistake in time ! I think @johnmcdl has the details taken for who finished where at the end of the regular season. Should be able to do the playoffs using those standings and individual scores by week. Its important to do the consolation tournament aswell incase a lot of teams get promoted due to people not returning to higher divisions next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

Yeah we just spotted the mistake in time ! I think @johnmcdl has the details taken for who finished where at the end of the regular season. Should be able to do the playoffs using those standings and individual scores by week. Its important to do the consolation tournament aswell incase a lot of teams get promoted due to people not returning to higher divisions next year :)

Ok, so what's going on? Haven't been on the forum ina while but have been doing my fantasy team.

Havent played the fantasy nfl before so don't fully know the end of season rules, All I know is that according to my NFL team, tipp bulldogs, I won my wk16 game and thanks to having no rb's I'm losing wk17.

So did the league finish last week or what? Seriously confused but watching tebow play is cheering me up!

persie11 wrote: »
    Havent played the fantasy nfl before so don't fully know the end of season rules, All I know is that according to my NFL team, tipp bulldogs, I won my wk16 game and thanks to having no rb's I'm losing wk17.

From my understanding of it the semi final should of been in week 15. If (and I'm not 100% on this) I made it to the semi final I would've won 148.56 - 47.72. I don't think you would've been playing in week 16.

I could be wrong about this, I'm assuming I would've faced FatGav's Fatties in week 14 and gotten through to the semis.

WOOOOOOO!! DIVISION 4 CHAMPION!!!

I'D LIKE TO THANK GOD, AND TEBOW AND ALL THOSE INVOLVED! I LOVE YOU ALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

[
    [/QUOTE]

From my understanding of it the semi final should of been in week 15. If (and I'm not 100% on this) I made it to the semi final I would've won 148.56 - 47.72. I don't think you would've been playing in week 16.

I could be wrong about this, I'm assuming I would've faced FatGav's Fatties in week 14 and gotten through to the semis.[/Quote]

Well that's a balls! Someone's head should roll! So who won?!
    Johnny beat me last nite in the 'final', with no help from tebow!

• Advertisement

WOOOOOOO!! DIVISION 4 CHAMPION!!!

I'D LIKE TO THANK GOD, AND TEBOW AND ALL THOSE INVOLVED! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Final was last week, you already knew this Malchy told you a few days ago.
    persie11 wrote: »
    Well that's a balls! Someone's head should roll! So who won?!
    Johnny beat me last nite in the 'final', with no help from tebow!

I think I won, I outscored Johnny by .7 in week 16.

I was joking!

And I celarly wouldn't be thanking Tebow with his score of 0.00.

When I found out it wasn't worth anything I didn't change my team.... So ended up with Flynn and Stafford on the bench..... With almost 40 points each!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

10th :( terrible... next year I better get luckier with my division

as for what should have happened.. if I get time I'll try to give it a go to sort out what should have happened but don't be holding yer breaths waiting on it :p

I was joking!

And I celarly wouldn't be thanking Tebow with his score of 0.00.

When I found out it wasn't worth anything I didn't change my team.... So ended up with Flynn and Stafford on the bench..... With almost 40 points each!! :P

I was seriously wondering how you forgot Malchy's post in the space of 5 days redface.gif

Masked Man wrote: »
    I was seriously wondering how you forgot Malchy's post in the space of 5 days redface.gif

Well i'd like to think no one would celebrate anything in such a manner!

664F9454888B4169B9D3749C98941533-0000335471-0002691957-00800L-FA545AEC04834614BCB273D3AB9E3939.png

D0D44B9F9A1044B3929742BBEDD3E68E-0000335471-0002691960-00759L-ADF7EA0102D6416190F42BDD38FE3B4B.png

I think - I think this is what should have happened...

as for the bye weeks and didn't field full strength team etc etc etc

In week 15 Emerald Sham's subs were worse than the starters so substitutions wouldn't have mattered... and Tipperary Bulldogs defo didn't have 60 odd points lying around so..

In week 16 steeling the steel could have only got another 9 points so would still have lost even with substitutions

I think that's how it should have worked out but if I made a mistake I'll hold my hands up...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Which set of standings are used to determine promotion between divisions? Is it the standings at the end of the regular fantasy season or the standings at the end of the fantasy playoffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Looks like I'm gonna be promoted to division 4, I really hope I can continue a divisional rivalry with hazys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Everything still ok for next season? Who's running D4 this year?

Syferus wrote: »

Syferus have you confirmed your place next season by posting in the main thread ?

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »

Barbarians is GM this year :)

Ya may go confirm in the other thread though fairly lively as malachyscott said because you've officially not confirmed yourself in - deadline was 31st of July ie - your 2 hours late now - for re sign ups and there'll no doubt be at least 1 person who'll try to make an issue of you not officially putting your name down.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

After a very brief stint at G.M. of Division 4 I'll be resigning from my post as I'm being sent to Division 3 to make up numbers so if anyone wants to volunteer to be the new G.M. just send me a P.M. and I'll hook you up with the necessary details.

Also Syferus, you won't be playing in Division 4this year as this post shows. You failed to confirm that you were playing this year before the deadline so you've lost your place in Division 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

The old Boards4 league is still active with a few new members on NFL.com - is this the one we're using or did I miss an invite code somewhere along the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

poldebruin wrote: »
    The old Boards4 league is still active with a few new members on NFL.com - is this the one we're using or did I miss an invite code somewhere along the line?

It looks like we need a new GM here as barbarians has been promoted to div 3. If anyone wants to volunteer get in touch with barbarians so he can transfer the GM duties on NFL.com and the necessary invites can be done then

I'll take over as GM if everyone is ok with that. Lets get the league setup and the invites out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I'll take over as GM if everyone is ok with that. Lets get the league setup and the invites out there!

Nice of you to volunteer, PM barbarians and get him to transfer the league rights and you can get motoring

I'm in and I do get to continue my rivalry with team better than awesome. This time I actually get to play them.

Can I confirm that matthew8 is the league GM this year as advised by Mr barbarians?

Can I confirm that matthew8 is the league GM this year as advised by Mr barbarians?

I have no problem with you doing it either.

• Advertisement

matthew8 wrote: »
    I have no problem with you doing it either.

Nope, I'm more than happy for you to to GM the league. I~ just wanted to ensure there was no mix ups.

Are you going to be a Goodell or a Tagliabue?

Advertisement