Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airsoft in kildare

• 03-12-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

hey guys quick one for any airsofter in kildare area more specifically allenwood. A friend of mine approached me the other day who knows little if anything of airsoft but her son wants to start, anyway she told me that every sunday there is a group of lads playing somewhere in ticnevin. I'm not a lilly white so that might be a murder on the spelling, so question is any of you know who plays and is there a site and if so is it just invite i've never heard of it before b ut an outdoor site close by would be cool seeing as i have vacant just up the road too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    hey guys quick one for any airsofter in kildare area more specifically allenwood. A friend of mine approached me the other day who knows little if anything of airsoft but her son wants to start, anyway she told me that every sunday there is a group of lads playing somewhere in ticnevin. I'm not a lilly white so that might be a murder on the spelling, so question is any of you know who plays and is there a site and if so is it just invite i've never heard of it before b ut an outdoor site close by would be cool seeing as i have vacant just up the road too.

I did hear talk of a site opening up in the woods around the lullymore area a while back, but I'm not sure if it was an official site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

it could be the lads from tier 1 they have a training ground around there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Im in allenwood and there was an outdoor site on the old paintball site on coillte land by the canal but the guards shut it down. members of the public could see them playing as my wife actually did.

just send your friend to vacant.

No one should have a "training" ground unless they have insurance to run a site or permission from the.guards.

that's idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Arkslippy wrote: »
    No one should have a "training" ground unless they have insurance to run a site or permission from the.guards.

that's idiotic.

Who says they don't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

SNAKEDOC wrote: »

I used to play around Ticknevin (correct spelling :P) it was private land owned by one of the lads on my team, his grandad is a framer and let us use it, amazing place but he needed it back for the winter, so if it's the same place i doubt it's still being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

thanks lads i didnt want to say unofficial as i didn't know the status of the site but it sound now like its no longer running. thanks for the posts i have told my friend about naas however her son is young and she had heard that tickneivin was free hence her questions. and i don't know where that info came from

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Who says they don't?

Who says they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Gotsta love the serious levels of passive-aggressive posting in a thread designed to gather information for prospective skirmishers.

Anywho, I've not heard anything of any skirmish sites opening in Kildare that was not Vacant in Naas, of which you're already aware of.

I think the days of random sites springing up all over the place are long since over at this stage, so if there are any sites opening, you'll likely see a lot more advertising, and a much bigger deal made of it.

It looks like Oakridge is the closest outdoor site to you, but that's closed for Winter. Best have a look on http://www.IrishAirsoftSites.com to see where's near you :)

Arkslippy wrote: »
    Who says they do.

Who says Vacant, or any site do? You don't even know if this is the same place you were talking about, but sure keep on plugging Vacant there.

• Advertisement

thanks for the posts lads the ones who actually contributed to the thread for some info. the rest of you stop asking questions you probably know the answer to and trying to throw digs in when you do not know the full facts. this thread was not about whether or not a site had insurance or not but whether a site existed or not. now i have learned that it did but is not run any more. and those of you who say training grounds are idiotic don't be so quick to throw the boot in open your ears and eyes instead of your mouth and you might learn something. reaction is better than action without prior knowledge.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Who says Vacant, or any site do? You don't even know if this is the same place you were talking about, but sure keep on plugging Vacant there.

i do actually to both questions he asked. i live in allenwood. i know the guys who ran the site and why it was closed. Sorry for upsetting your sensibility about mentioning as it is in the context of the question. i hadn't taken into account that id need your esteemed permission as the resident expert on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭stigmau5

actually there is a fella from tier-1 moving to Co.Cork hoping to set up a milsim training ground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Arkslippy if you have to sign a weaver (a legal document that usually rids the land owner of any responcability for your well being) then theres a good chance that they dont have insurance and Ive had to sign one at every game ive been to in the last two years and ive been to quite a few sites so I doubt anybody has insurance :) also your one to call something idiotic if I remember correctly you once posted on thread here somewhere saying that you store all your kit in the boot of your car!?!?!? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

A "waiver" means nothing. It is a piece of written intimidation. It's only use is to "deter" a person from taking legal action. No matter what you sign or don't sign it is up to you to prove negligence and the site to disprove negligence if an "issue" arises. My understanding is , and this is NOT gospel , the reason most sites charge an initial registration fee is that you cannot sue a club or association that you have joined.

<snip>

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Arkslippy if you have to sign a weaver (a legal document that usually rids the land owner of any responcability for your well being) then theres a good chance that they dont have insurance and Ive had to sign one at every game ive been to in the last two years and ive been to quite a few sites so I doubt anybody has insurance :) also your one to call something idiotic if I remember correctly you once posted on thread here somewhere saying that you store all your kit in the boot of your car!?!?!? :eek:

Most airsoft sites in Ireland have insurance. You should ask to see proof of it if you're in doubt. Yes, even the ones who have waivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

there is no need for that, be weary about falling into old habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Why would you think a site requiring you to sign a waiver would not be insured? The vast majority of insurance companies require you to take action in order to inform people of the risks involved, and in turn have them make an informed choice as to whether or not to participate in said activity.

A waiver is just letting the participant know the there is risk involved, what that risk is, and that they undertake the activity aware of this risk. It does not remove any liability from the site owner, however it is a necessary step in informing your customers of the risks involved, which is something that most insurance companies look for.

ah rite well lads look iam just repeating what ive been hearing the last two years from site owners aswell as players but have also heard that the insurance is impossible to get and people have to approach english brokers (not sure if thats possible) but aain when theres rife unemployment and alot of people looking for free entertainment to keep costs down the rumer mill will be going nuts :)

• Advertisement

And Lar I'l appologise this once... and this once only because when ya get stabbed in the back ya tend to never forget.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Waivers (as seconman said) are there to give the impression that you can't sue and to ensure the company (as Inari said) has proof that the person was made aware of the risks. People can have them there wether they have insurance or not.

Also insurance isn't hard to get in Ireland at all anymore, very easy infact and cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fitzgooble

If you don't mind me going back on topic, I went for a skirmish last year in a woods near Crookstown, was talking to a guy in hobbyairsoft and he put me onto it. The team were just starting at that time so I don't know how it has progressed. A phone call to hobbyairsoft might send you in the right direction Crookstown Telephone+353 (0) 59 8623 889

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

fitzgooble wrote: »
    If you don't mind me going back on topic, I went for a skirmish last year in a woods near Crookstown, was talking to a guy in hobbyairsoft and he put me onto it. The team were just starting at that time so I don't know how it has progressed. A phone call to hobbyairsoft might send you in the right direction Crookstown Telephone+353 (0) 59 8623 889

That was Battlemount Airsoft Club who moved to Allenwood but have since closed down

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭_ricochet_

<snip>

Firstly, the site has insurance, its invitation only because they choose who they want on site. Its also not a building site.

Maybe you have a grudge because you did not get an invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

_ricochet_ wrote: »
    Firstly, the site has insurance, its invitation only because they choose who they want on site. Its also not a building site.

Maybe you have a grudge because you did not get an invite?

this post has been addressed, and the poster has apolagised, stop trying to re-hash a matter that has "been put to bed" as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭_ricochet_

thermo wrote: »
    this post has been addressed, and the poster has apolagised, stop trying to re-hash a matter that has "been put to bed" as it were.

Well the post is still there and is false, did the user retract the statement? NO. Look at what he says after the 'apology'. Hardly regrets saying it now does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

_ricochet_ wrote: »
    Well the post is still there and is false, did the user retract the statement? NO. Look at what he says after the 'apology'. Hardly regrets saying it now does he?

Discussion in regards to moderation is not allowed on thread please pm the mod on question.

This has been said on threads all last year and wont be tollorated on thread follow procedure here please.

this thread has outlived its usfulness. the site in question is no longer been used and that is all i wanted to find out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement