Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

price of 12g Co2 cartridges

• 28-12-2011 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

After having a quick look on some Irish sites/shops, I have seen them from anywhere between 69c and 1.50 Euro each...is this just down to the margins shops choose to put on their consumables or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

cojomo2 wrote: »
    After having a quick look on some Irish sites/shops, I have seen them from anywhere between 69c and 1.50 Euro each...is this just down to the margins shops choose to put on their consumables or is it a case of you get what you pay for?

Thanks

they used to be 50 cent each but they've gone up now, average price now is 99c. something got to with manufacturing or something, I was talking to employee of a shop i go to and he explained it to me but can't really remember. maybe someone can explain why. price doesn't really matter though does it? well a euro is acceptable anything over 1.50 I'd question unless something happens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭walther

T4RGET wrote: »
    they used to be 50 cent each but they've gone up now, average price now is 99c. something got to with manufacturing or something, I was talking to employee of a shop i go to and he explained it to me but can't really remember. maybe someone can explain why. price doesn't really matter though does it? well a euro is acceptable anything over 1.50 I'd question unless something happens again.

Its two Euro in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

co2cartridges.co.uk -- buy in bulk with your mates and they can go for down to 30c a cartridge.

2 euro for a cartridge is madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

I usually pay 80c at one Dublin shop and they are 1.20 in another. i mention the difference every time and get them for the 80c when im in the second place.

if you see a huge variance in price you should always mention it and offer them the option to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

gerrowadat wrote: »
    co2cartridges.co.uk -- buy in bulk with your mates and they can go for down to 30c a cartridge.

2 euro for a cartridge is madness.

nice prices but they don't deliver yo Ireland.

• Advertisement

cojomo2 wrote: »
    nice prices but they don't deliver yo Ireland.

They do. I have ordered from them several times. You might have to contact them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

They do. I have ordered from them several times. You might have to contact them directly.

cool. do they charge much delivery, or if you order a few hundred do you get free delivery? thanks

I don't remember it being a mad amount. Just checked there and it was 15 sterling shipping for a case of 500, which considering that's 6kg of gas alone, is pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I don't remember it being a mad amount. Just checked there and it was 15 sterling shipping for a case of 500, which considering that's 6kg of gas alone, is pretty reasonable.

I got in on a bulk order with Grizzle on those and they definitly work out nice and cheap. And if they are for pistols you get some length of time out of a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Out of interest what do folks consider an acceptable/reasonable price for C02 ampules ?? Honestly I'm not sure whats expensive and what's not when it comes to the going rate.

Last time I bought, it was something like 3 Euro's for 5 12g ampule's while I did not mind paying that, it struck me that it may have been a bit much to pay for something as lowly as a tiny tiny tiny bit of C02 gas in a tiny container that was totally recyclable.

Seen places charge a Euro for a single ampule for loose stuff.
    If you get about a mag and a half from a pistol with one its pretty expensive to run. (more so if you stick an ampule in your pistol at the start of a skirmish day and find you never need to use your pistol so you return home at the end of the day with a mag with CO2 pressure on the seal's)

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

bullets wrote: »
    Out of interest what do folks consider an acceptable/reasonable price for C02 ampules ?? Honestly I'm not sure whats expensive and what's not when it comes to the going rate.

Last time I bought, it was something like 3 Euro's for 5 12g ampule's while I did not mind paying that, it struck me that it may have been a bit much to pay for something as lowly as a tiny tiny tiny bit of C02 gas in a tiny container that was totally recyclable.

Seen places charge a Euro for a single ampule for loose stuff.
    If you get about a mag and a half from a pistol with one its pretty expensive to run. (more so if you stick an ampule in your pistol at the start of a skirmish day and find you never need to use your pistol so you return home at the end of the day with a mag with CO2 pressure on the seal's)

~B

in my opinion and im sure every one else's to is that 50 cents is more then enough for one bulb if they wanna make profit on them as they get them for as little as 30 cents a bulb as do i so if your getting some spend a few quid with a few mates go in on a order of 500 between 3/4 of yis you will pay about 50 quid each and have co2 coming out your ears

and before retailers and the like's come heere sayin oh ive overheads bills rent esb and staff to pay stop it ffs noe one ever got rich selling bleeeeeedin co2 bulbs.. this is one airsoft item everyone should buy abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Just to remind people, CO2 has to be shipped by ground i.e. You can't send it by plane (Or by law, your shouldn't) so its actually fairly expensive to ship. Also as a compressed gas, only certain companies will actually carry it. This has added costs for retailers.

I appreciate what people say about price, but if we all buy abroad, we're signing our own death wish for commerce here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

ironclaw wrote: »
    Just to remind people, CO2 has to be shipped by ground i.e. You can't send it by plane (Or by law, your shouldn't) so its actually fairly expensive to ship. Also as a compressed gas, only certain companies will actually carry it. This has added costs for retailers.

I appreciate what people say about price, but if we all buy abroad, we're signing our own death wish for commerce here in Ireland.

at last check it was around 16 gbp to ship a bundle of 500 and it seems they have gone up in price also by about 30gbp but all in all if ya bought 500 from co2cartridges.co.uk.in delivery which only take a day or 3 you will spend 250 euro and save as much as if ya bought the same amount here divide that by 4 of ya mates is about 62 euro each and ya get alot (125) more then 60 bulbs each

and i hardly think buying them abroad will shut the country down now will it a tad melodramatic i think

Advertisement