Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

My hatred for the Patriots increases :( **** D all year and then they go and outscore Brady in the one game when I need Brady to outshine the D

3 losses in a row now... and currently outside the playoff positions... :(

need my guys to pick it up this week - have an ok matchup against the Blue Bloods this week... hopefully I can pull a win out and get myself back on track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Well it's do or die time this week for my team....Bray Broncos. I think I can mathematically, just about make the playoffs proper, but I have to win from here on out.

Off to a bad start win RB1 Rice and WR1 Boldin combining for 12 points or so. I need Eli Manning to have a monster game this Sunday to have a chance vs. Papercut Tigers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Someone dropped Peyton Hillis in the division and he somehow cleared waivers. I picked him up just now - I can understand why someone who drafted Hillis would be desperately disappointed given all his injury and off-field troubles, but now that he's approaching full fitness again he's got crazy up-side (and the motivation of knowing the value of his next contract (where ever that'll be) is riding on how he plays through the back six games.

In a 16-team league especially finding him sitting on the wire was a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Basically my team (Moyross Piebalds) have to win all their remaining games to have a chance.. I'm currently 4-7 after a number of close losses, out of the 16 teams in the league I've conceded the 2nd most points & my early picks (Mendenhall & Roddy White) have misfired badly... Up against the number 2 seed Poontown Pussycats today which will be a tough matchup!!

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Basically my team (Moyross Piebalds) have to win all their remaining games to have a chance.. I'm currently 4-7 after a number of close losses, out of the 16 teams in the league I've conceded the 2nd most points & my early picks (Mendenhall & Roddy White) have misfired badly... Up against the number 2 seed Poontown Pussycats today which will be a tough matchup!!

Managed to pull off a win, 94-87.. Badly needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Losing to Emerald Shams at the minute, need Pierre Thomas and Jimmy Graham to overturn a 14 points deficit and hope that John Kasay misses all his kicks :rolleyes:

Edit: Shams has Hakeem Nicks yet to play as well... :(

I won, Peyton Hillis has restablished himself as the Browns' #1 running back, CJ is finally looking like CJ2K again and even my #4 receiver Reggie Wayne woke up. Maybe a late play-off charge?

Well done Syferus, that was against me - it was a do-or-die game for us both, but in fairness, my team really haven't put up big numbers any week,. Just my luck to have CJ, Marck Sanchez and Seb Janikowski all have huge games. I had a bad feeling after Robinson had a monster for Dallas on Thursday.

Nice pickup in PH. That's what I like about the 16 team league, you really can be rewarded for remiaing interested and scouring the waivers.

poldebruin wrote: »
    Well done Syferus, that was against me - it was a do-or-die game for us both, but in fairness, my team really haven't put up big numbers any week,. Just my luck to have CJ, Marck Sanchez and Seb Janikowski all have huge games. I had a bad feeling after Robinson had a monster for Dallas on Thursday.

Nice pickup in PH. That's what I like about the 16 team league, you really can be rewarded for remiaing interested and scouring the waivers.

Thanks - I was suprised I got as high as 125 points though, I'd been spluttering most of the season. I started off stacked at RB and poor at WR (Bowe's the only remaining WR from the ones I drafted), but after trading for Austin and Wayne I thought I finally had some options, and even though Austin got injured (again), if I didn't have him I'd probably not have been on the ball enough to have got Robinson, who has been playing lights out the past month. I picked up Santana Moss off the wire last week too now that h'es fit again, if Rex Grossman stays in situ in Washington he has real upside. I feel like I've picked and pulled at my team enough to have good players in depth at each position (even if my two QBs are real middle-of-the-road stuff), at least for a 16-man league.

Like you said, though, we were pretty much in a play-off eliminator and if I want to make it I'll probably need to win the final two games as well.

You are failrly well stocked at WR alright! Most of your roster are also playing for teams really fighting for their (real-world) playoff hopes. You may find a lot of teams start resting starters etc as they qualify for the playoffs - Green Bay, New Orleans and San Fran have all look like they will qualify early.

I was following the Wicklow Redskins v Fat Gavs on Monday night (nerdy, but i was stuck in work watching mnf live) Brees and Ingrim v Cruz and a 25 point lead) take a look at the chart for their game, back and forth all night, with Ingram sealing it with a 35 yd td run with a minute to go to give fat gav a .5 pt win!

• Advertisement

Wooo. Beat the #1 seed in the league to improve to 7-6 and stay in the play-off race.

Last up in my Broncos-esque odyssey? The new #1 seed.

Another week another loss for the beleaguered Moyross Piebalds.. Now lying 13th and need to beat the 11th seed to make it into the consolation playoffs!!

Yep. I think all of the playoff spots are tied up in the league, with a week to spare. Pity that, for all us also rans!!

I have to say it's been a pretty competitive league, hardly any abandons, and I think everyone gave a good account of themselves in the transfer market and waiver wire.

I know I thought I had secured an unkown gem on more than one occsion to find 2 or 3 others had the same idea!

Already formulating draft plans for next year!

draft plan next year - draft some running backs :(

had a really good start to the season but a lack of depth hit me later on in the year - got lucky and didn't get hit by injuries so can't complain about that...

just had some shocking weeks for a couple weeks mid season that killed my season off - think I hit a 4 game loosing streak at one stage..

next year ye may be ready for me ;)

and hopefully everyone stays on for the consolation playoffs too because they matter too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Still in the hunt for a wildcard spot with a record of 7-6, I need to beat the Blue Bloods (3-9) and hope Fat Gav's Fatties (7-5-1) lose to the Emerald Shams (8-5).

There's still hope :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Sorry to intrude lads but I see some posts saying teams are needing a win next week to make the playoffs. In every other league the playoffs start next week surely ??

Sorry to intrude lads but I see some posts saying teams are needing a win next week to make the playoffs. In every other league the playoffs start next week surely ??

Week 14 (this week) - last round of regular season games
    Week 15 - Wild Card Round
    Week 16 - Semi Finals
    Week 17 - Finals

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Week 14 (this week) - last round of regular season games
    Week 15 - Wild Card Round
    Week 16 - Semi Finals
    Week 17 - Finals

I'm pretty sure thats wrong tbh. I think we don't play fantasy in week 17 due to teams resting starters.

I'm pretty sure thats wrong tbh. I think we don't play fantasy in week 17 due to teams resting starters.

never though of that actually - just noticed my NFL managed league is finished week 16 too

are all the other leagues going to playoffs this week??? they seem to be having a quick flick through the other threads??

never though of that actually - just noticed my NFL managed league is finished week 16 too

are all the other leagues going to playoffs this week??? they seem to be having a quick flick through the other threads??

Yeah heres the official rules per the forum charter.

ruless.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

That's a big problem lads

Can we make a spreadsheet or something with the matchups that should be played today. ie the first round playoffs and go with that.. and just keep scores manually. Either that or we're just going to have to go with this format...

Wouldn't be ideal but if we managed to sort the promotion relegation business sorted to keep in sync with all the other leagues..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Take a screenshot of the standings as they are now anyway just so you know what they should have been at the end of the regular season.

I'm on the phone now but I'll get one up later if no one else does

381A02B397A9465B9D9FC7C8CA51B4CA-0000335471-0002666765-00677L-A7881E04805A4D9095FB22B04483EDDB.png

0F939D4D216D4024B8166225F1ECDDD6-0000335471-0002666764-00500L-344A531DFAE546EC890C76A0FDCDE1A6.png

Standings as they are now and the playoff tables...

so would I be right saying that Tipperay Bulldogs and The Poontown PussyCats should be automatically promoted as they are the top two seeds and should be joined by whoever scores more between FatGav's Fatties and Mighty Pigs and in the other game Emerald Shams and Steeling the Steel.... as those should have been the wildcard games this week......

relegated should be Snue Gliffers, Blue Bloods, The Klique and Moyross Piebalds as they are the bottom 4 ranked teams...

that's what would have happened if we had the same rules as all the other boards leagues isn't it

381A02B397A9465B9D9FC7C8CA51B4CA-0000335471-0002666765-00677L-A7881E04805A4D9095FB22B04483EDDB.png

0F939D4D216D4024B8166225F1ECDDD6-0000335471-0002666764-00500L-344A531DFAE546EC890C76A0FDCDE1A6.png

Standings as they are now and the playoff tables...

so would I be right saying that Tipperay Bulldogs and The Poontown PussyCats should be automatically promoted as they are the top two seeds and should be joined by whoever scores more between FatGav's Fatties and Mighty Pigs and in the other game Emerald Shams and Steeling the Steel.... as those should have been the wildcard games this week......

relegated should be Snue Gliffers, Blue Bloods, The Klique and Moyross Piebalds as they are the bottom 4 ranked teams...

that's what would have happened if we had the same rules as all the other boards leagues isn't it

It all depends, I'd expect some drop-outs in the higher divisions and even more in the lower ones with more first-timers. It's not an exact science, there's scope for alot of the mid-table D4 teams to be D3 teams next season.

Need three yards from Miles Austin to beat the #1 seed in the league for a second week running and end on 8-6. The play-offs are almost an impossibility but I'm happy about finishing strong and hopefully it'll continue into the second tier tournament!

99C35E620FDE45C9A510ECADC2011409-0000335471-0002668945-00405L-93A939C6BDAF435BAE8E3BB6A99B1B7F.png

and that's what happened in week 14 in case we need to come back to it later on to keep with boards rules...

otherwise here's how the season ended - fecking divisions :( missed out on the last play off spot due to being 3rd in my division :( would have made the playoffs anywhere but in Ulster but that's the way it goes I suppose - always next season to make up for this year

94263F04E7564BC99F4C6D0EB273B62D-0000335471-0002668944-00640L-87431F62F58049BFB668E15B36D51692.png

all in all it's been a great season - only 2 wins separating the top 10 teams and the top 14 being within 3 games.... couldn't have been much closer really

roll on the consolation playoffs :D

99C35E620FDE45C9A510ECADC2011409-0000335471-0002668945-00405L-93A939C6BDAF435BAE8E3BB6A99B1B7F.png

and that's what happened in week 14 in case we need to come back to it later on to keep with boards rules...

otherwise here's how the season ended - fecking divisions :( missed out on the last play off spot due to being 3rd in my division :(would have made the playoffs anywhere but in Ulster but that's the way it goes I suppose - always next season to make up for this year

94263F04E7564BC99F4C6D0EB273B62D-0000335471-0002668944-00640L-87431F62F58049BFB668E15B36D51692.png

all in all it's been a great season - only 2 wins separating the top 10 teams and the top 14 being within 3 games.... couldn't have been much closer really

roll on the consolation playoffs :D

You wouldn't have made it in Connacht either, I'm testament to that! :pac:

Honestly I think just one big league table is fairer, it's tough on both of us - with 8-6 records - seeing a team win a division and be seeded 4th with a 7-6-1 record.

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    You wouldn't have made it in Connacht either, I'm testament to that! :pac:

Honestly I think just one big league table is fairer, it's tough on both of us - with 8-6 records - seeing a team win a division and be seeded 4th with a 7-6-1 record.

somehow looked at Conacht wrong there - for some reason scanning over the table 8-5-1 somehow seems slightly worse than 8-6-0 :o

just like the pro's I suppose when ya looks at the NFL West :pac: still though if I was getting into the playoffs like that I wouldn't be complaining... just the way the ball rolls when your getting put in a division.. just gotta hope for a stroke of luck

Advertisement