Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Random Skyrim Moments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Is it just me or has the patch made it worse? I had exactly one frame rate drop before the patch and that was the only annoying glitch I experienced that comes to mind. While I haven't had any other problems since the patch, all the random dragons have become retarded. :rolleyes:

I literally can't fight them. They glitch halfway across the screen, fly through mountains, hover in the air without moving for ages but don't take damage and they've taken to the admittedly impressive feat of flying backwards. Not an isolated incident either, all three random dragons I've encountered since the patch have acted the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

Saw a group of 4 bandits stalking 2 mammoths and a giant. it didn't end well for the bandits, i never saw where their bodies landed after they were used as baseballs...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Went to give Keeva the healing potion, she was sweeping on a boat as i approached, she started to slowly fly into the air and eventually went over a mountain in the distance (still sweeping) about 2 minutes later "FAILED: Give Keeva potion".

Fraps is F9 on my PC and found out the hard way DO NOT PRESS F9 in Skyrim :) So couldnt fraps it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Had a funny thing happen last night. May be patch related but it concerns a quest to steal a horse that some of you may be aware of. I returned the horse to the bloke who asked me to steal it (you can convince him to let you keep the horse but I wasn't bothered). Then I followed him for a bit and a bear attacked. He got off the horse and ran while the horse did what all horses in Skyrim do and took care of the bear. I left it at that but later when returning to whiterun that bloke was standing outside the stables. Maybe he was meant to bring the horse there I don't know but he has no conversation dialog with you at that point.

So last night post patch I wander past again and this bloke has a doppelganger (same name under both of them and they are identical) both muttering "huh", "can I help you" in unison. Made me laugh anyway.

*edit - not patch related

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

mewso wrote: »
    Had a funny thing happen last night. May be patch related but it concerns a quest to steal a horse that some of you may be aware of. I returned the horse to the bloke who asked me to steal it (you can convince him to let you keep the horse but I wasn't bothered). Then I followed him for a bit and a bear attacked. He got off the horse and ran while the horse did what all horses in Skyrim do and took care of the bear. I left it at that but later when returning to whiterun that bloke was standing outside the stables. Maybe he was meant to bring the horse there I don't know but he has no conversation dialog with you at that point.

So last night post patch I wander past again and this bloke has a doppelganger (same name under both of them and they are identical) both muttering "huh", "can I help you" in unison. Made me laugh anyway.

*edit - not patch related

Ah, I get that as well except his clone is half embedded in the ground for me.

Need something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

I found a skeleton under water who had a rope coming from his leg with the other end tied to a rock! :D

Took a shortcut through the plains around Whiterun as I returned to Dragonsreach and found a small lake. In the center of the lake, I could see a skeleton's arm sticking out of the water with an orcish sword in hand. The arm was sticking out of the dirt at the bottom of the lake and the rest of the skeleton appeared to be buried.

Nothing particularly exciting but I still thought it was an interesting find.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Took a shortcut through the plains around Whiterun as I returned to Dragonsreach and found a small lake. In the center of the lake, I could see a skeleton's arm sticking out of the water with an orcish sword in hand. The arm was sticking out of the dirt at the bottom of the lake and the rest of the skeleton appeared to be buried.

Nothing particularly exciting but I still thought it was an interesting find.
    It wass just a steel sword for me mebbe it changes with levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭MonaghanPenguin

I was on my way tonight to attack a bandits' camp when I noticed that it was already under siege from a mammoth and a couple of giants. So I decided to sit back and let them do the donkey work for me. When all the bandits outside the camp were dead, the giants retreated and I decided to move in carefully and loot the bodies of the bandits.

The last body was quite close to the mammoth but I decided to risk it and soon realised that the mammoth had no interest in attacking me so decided to get a look at the creature. So I'm standing there admiring him when an arrow whips past my head and hits the creature. Thinking there were some bandits left I spin around to face them. My dying thought was "where the hell did Lydia come from?" as I never had the chance to defend myself from the mammoth's wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It wass just a steel sword for me mebbe it changes with levels.

A lot of random loot like that is levelled so as to keep it interesting for higher level characters and not give overpowered weapons to low levelled ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Aerin.....god i hated him.

Found i had a spell to make people attack others so used it on him whilst beside a gaurd. Didnt want the hoochie to know i was a **** :D

He killed Mjoll :( Her axe was fecking bigger than her and he killed her :(

I left him alive and wandered, came back 27 levels more powerful and got a Dragon to eat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Aerin.....god i hated him.

Found i had a spell to make people attack others so used it on him whilst beside a gaurd. Didnt want the hoochie to know i was a **** :D

He killed Mjoll :( Her axe was fecking bigger than her and he killed her :(

I left him alive and wandered, came back 27 levels more powerful and got a Dragon to eat him.

Aye, like you I married Mjoll...he kept coming into my house where
    and she Lydia would be having conversations around the bedsite table...so

Cya Laterz Mr.FriendZone !!!!

42024550.jpg
    17347523.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Stumbled across 3 hunters skinny dipping in a river near the
    tree sap quest
    and couldn't get any meaningful dialogue from anyone of them.
    2 girls,1 guy,no cup. :p

Did the honourable thing and tried to pickpocket one of the girls... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

d22ontour wrote: »
    Stumbled across 3 hunters skinny dipping in a river near the
    tree sap quest
    and couldn't get any meaningful dialogue from anyone of them.
    2 girls,1 guy,no cup. :p

Did the honourable thing and tried to pickpocket one of the girls... :D

If they were skinny dipping, that wasn't a pocket...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Wandering near Winterhold and saw the Northern Lights. My jaw dropped at how stunning it was.
    Oh, and the Drinking Contest quest. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Helping a werewolf chase 9 hunters through a forest while also being a werewolf! 2 werewolfs vs 9 werewolf hunters! :cool:

WerewolfRoar.jpg
    Image not processed btw, just some mods and freecamera ("TFC" in console) and HUD disabled ("TM").

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Had a rather sad random moment today, was attacked by a dragon and only managed to kill it after it slaughtered a bunch of random npcs having a pleasant stroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

This dead dragon keeps appearing in slightly different places in Markarth

9qi4xg.jpg.

Had a rather sad random moment today, was attacked by a dragon and only managed to kill it after it slaughtered a bunch of random npcs having a pleasant stroll.

I lost Alvor and his wife to a frost dragon. :(

I was about to save it when I realised that the whole reason I was in Riverwood was to sell Alvor some of my loot - I'd already impoverished Whiterun's smiths. So I reloaded it and led the dragon to Bleak Falls. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I had just a killed a flame dragon or whatever on top of a mountain and looted it, ran up to the altar to get my new shout, only to have one of the dragon priests jump out of a coffin next to me and scare the bejesus out of me! No idea what it was at that stage but it just spammed me with fireballs as i tried to kill it with my bow, but failed. Naturally I ran behind the closest pillar and waited a min, keeping him out of my LoS.

Once I had enough hp and stamina again I decided to stick my head out and take a few shots at him......only to have the dragons dead body thrown at me D: Literally like across the mountaintop, a dead dragon just flung at my head! I was like "OMGWTFHAX!"! Thought I had accidently stumbled across some end-game boss or something :L Died that time but went back and killed him, it was Krosis so I got that bloody god-like helm! the +20% lockpicking,archery and alchemy helm! =3 Now with all my other archery stuff, I can 2 shot giants =3 Love how overpowered archery is :L And im still using a glass bow, havent gone daedra yet :L

• Advertisement

Story of my life:

1114379_700b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Where do you find the giant in the drinking quest? Just outside of Rorikstead? Do you just have to wander around looking for it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

niallo24 wrote: »
    Where do you find the giant in the drinking quest? Just outside of Rorikstead? Do you just have to wander around looking for it?!

you might have to make it an active quest in your menu. it should be highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 TheSheepz

Buying a house in whiterun and going to bed there, waking up to see the cold, dead eyes of Lydia dwelling in the darkest reaches of my bedroom slowly chewing all my bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Fast travelled to Meeko's shack and the dragon attack music starts playing, I run out to a clearing looking for it, I turn around and it drops dead to the floor :confused: Easiest Dragon Battle Ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned the Mad Wizard that captures you in a Cage from a trap near one of those words of power walls. I didn't post about it because I came across it while randomly exploring during day two or three of having the game, and haven't a clue which ruin it's in, but was pretty cool.

He tells you not to struggle and goes off to look in his shelves for something to inject you with.

I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned the Mad Wizard that captures you in a Cage from a trap near one of those words of power walls. I didn't post about it because I came across it while randomly exploring during day two or three of having the game, and haven't a clue which ruin it's in, but was pretty cool.

He tells you not to struggle and goes off to look in his shelves for something to inject you with.

Think that was thieves guild or dark brotherhood. Can't remember exactly but it was poxy.

Think that was thieves guild or dark brotherhood. Can't remember exactly but it was poxy.

That mage is Sild in Rannveig's Fast, NE of Rorikstead. I had to kill him for the Companions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Was up in some Orc stronghold beside a mine near Windhelm stealing everything that wasn't nailed down, after I filled my pockets with loot and ore as I was leaving through the front gate, I came across a scene of devastation; 2 goat corpses, a dead mammoth and a pin-cushioned sabre tooth cat and an Orc surveying the mess from a watchtower.

Trying to make sense of it, I reckon that the goats wandered out of the settlement (was I meant to close the gate?) and were attacked and killed by the sabre tooth but I can't fathom how the mammoth got involved, (the settlement is halfway up a mountain, surrounded by forest) or how a single Orc managed to defend the settlement from all manner of beasts. Either way I feel gutted on missing out on an epic fight that the surviving Orc will be able to regale over tankards of mead for years to come.

• Advertisement

Found a ring of mushrooms in the forest. In the center was a staff, a lot of blood and half a gorey skull. A spell/ritual gone wrong?

Advertisement