Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2023 'New Age Rising' Post Apocalyptic

Options
  • 16-11-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

6352590079_673189c900_z.jpg
    Date : December 4th
    Game fee : €30
    Gates Open: 9.30
    Game on: 11.00
    Endex 17.00

It is the year 2023. The world is in a state of chaos. The past 20 years has seen war, famine and destruction on a scale of which has never been experienced in the history of the planet. The tipping point came in 2013 when a planet already in the grasp of a global economic crisis suffered a severe food shortage which led to increasingly violent protests from world citizens. Martial Law was implemented in almost every country in early 2013 to try and quell the violence and discontent. Government leaders tried in vain to solve the problems but could not agree on a solution. Old rivalries some spanning back hundreds of years came to the forefront. Countries such as China mobilised their military might in an effort to secure arable land to feed their population. With most western army's now patrolling the streets of their own countries international military actions went almost unchallenged. This chronicle of events eventually led to the launching of the first nuclear war head in aggression since the 6th of August 1945. The war head was launched by Pakistan to eliminate a nuclear threat from neighbouring India after a year of heavy conflict. The world descended into a true ‘war to end all wars’. The planets complete annihilation seemed imminent.

Fast forward to the year 2023. Location, northern forest region of Manitoba, former Canada. The barren forest region is home to post fallout gangs and factions, lonely travellers, religious fanatics and the occasional genetic mutation. A rumour about a secret Government underground safe haven has attracted many to the area. The facility is said to be offering sanctuary to any strong minded group or individual who have already proven their survival skills above ground over the course of the past two decades. The local inhabitants of the ‘New Hope Settlement’ have seen a surge in travellers around their own small established community said to be the last bastion of morale good in North America. Can they survive the threats from the outside? Will they be invited into the facility if it exists? Or will they be over run and exploited by a more powerful group hungry for their resources... It may take more than a weapon and some scavenged ammunition to survive.

What this game is:A post-apocalyptic style milsim and LARP, with an in-game currency, multiple quests and objectives, character upgrades and multiple factions.
    Please feel free to create your own character, background or gang/group and submit it to us via email. A well written story enhances the game and gives us ideas to personalise the game for your character/group.

All relevant information, including event specific rules and factions can be found at the following page.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Marcin B

I'm in! I thought I'll never get a chance to use that loadout:
    110423-Fallout-Piotr_Postol-0004.jpg
    photo by Piotr Postol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Borderlands

If you wish to attend please fill outthe registration form so we can balance the factions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dHJDM09wV2VrUDlZMjZ0X1hycDY3SEE6MQ#gid=0

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jman12126

is this a overnight event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Im really looking forward to this. My hours of playing Fallout will finaly pay off. :p

jman12126, this event is a six hour one mate.

Yeah swiftblade... no nuka-cola on sale at the bar though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Deadpool

Can we just walk on or do we have to fill in reg form.I only ask because i have no idea how many of us can go yet

Deadpool wrote: »
    Can we just walk on or do we have to fill in reg form.I only ask because i have no idea how many of us can go yet

You may just walk on but we appreciate players filling out reg forms. We already have some factions full up and like to balance teams and know how many players we will be dealing with on the day. Just try get reg forms sent in even if its on Saturday.

Best Regards,
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

any camo/loadout rules?

gerrowadat wrote: »
    any camo/loadout rules?

No Ger. You can wear whatever you like for this event. Factions will be aloocated different coloured arm bands in the morning.

Just in case anyone is sending in a late reg form the Tekno Junkies, New Hope Settlers and the Rubber-heads are now full up. Have a full new faction too. Its going to be chilly but mostly dry tomorrow on site. Nuclear winter like...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Really good game today lads, love the use of props and keeping the theme going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Defending the village was class craic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭airsoftmad12

well

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

what ?

Advertisement