Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish designed tees.. 2 for 50 + free shipping

• 28-11-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

I'm a bit of a fan of supporting smaller Irish clothing brands .. I found an Irish store that launched a new website last week. I've been into their store in Stephens green and they have some real quality stuff.

Offer: Two tees for 50 quid. Also free Shipping to UK & Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Seem a bit expensive to me, 25 euro a T shirt doesnt strike me as cheap, but that could well be my lack of fashion sense, and these may well be a bargain :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

€25 for a t-shirt seems a bit steep alright. I'm all for supporting local, but the buy-Irish-tax on this one it a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

That's no bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Yeah im all for supporting Irish businesses, but only if they have value and are actually worth supporting.

If you ask me, at those prices, this is not one of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

You have no affiliation with the company i take it? Just to clarify that.

I think, much the same as everyone else here. In this economy.€50 for 2 Tee shirts (even with free postage) is .. well. I'll be polite, wallet rape.

THey look nice. Best of luck to the company, the quality would want to be awfully impressive to get people to part with money at the that price though imo. Certainly difficult to sell without the "in your hand" instinct to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I really like Counter Propaganda. Have a jacket from there and a few t shirts, but 2 Tees for €50 is very steep. Too steep

Apparently, it's €10 lower than the retail price which goes to show how overpriced their t shirts are. I'll pas but I'll keep an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Sweet jesus... Has this really been posted in the "Bargain Alerts" section?... can a mod move this to the "Rip Off Ireland" section?

I wish all the best to the Irish company for the future, but yer not going to have much of a future charging €50 for two t shirts!

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Another Irish company offering an " Irish " product and an over the top price, I WILL NOT be supporting this kind of mentality. I just hope the op is in fact associated with this company so the word reaches the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

tricky D wrote: »
    That's no bargain

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

25 quid for a decent quality tee seemed like a good deal to me. I'll hold back from posting in future. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Cr8or wrote: »
    I'll hold back from posting in future. Enjoy!
    I'm glad you understand. We'd all actually feel more comfortable if you permanently severed your internet entirely. We just dont want something unpleasant like this happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Troll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

OP why did you remove half your original post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

OP, bit of advice if you do have anything to do with that site/shop- Lower the price or it will crash and burn! 25/30euro for t-shirts??

IM OUT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Adam wrote: »
    OP why did you remove half your original post?

Affiliation perhaps. I certainly thought as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Are the clothes made in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

designed in Ireland, made in China I'm guessing! no prob with that at all but not if trying to give the impression that they are Irish made goods.

despite what many are saying.. I have spent 25ish on many a t-shirt, usually the supersoft type with clever prints..I'm not familiar with the ones from this particular shop so can't comment on them but 25 is not a rip off if the tshirt is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lads..

If you don't think a Bargain Alert is good value, then you can state your opinion and then let it go!

Don't start reporting the post for not being a bargain - reporting the posts is for spam, harassing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The store in Blanchardstown didn't last long. Presumably for the exact reason that posters here are pointing out: the prices are too high for Ireland in this climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭yenoah

I thought this was a couple of hand crafted golf tees. FFS whats happening to the english language?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

yenoah wrote: »
    I thought this was a couple of hand crafted golf tees. FFS whats happening to the english language?
    idk! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Where's that QWERTEE thread gone? Proper bargains there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

i like their polos and usually pick them up in the sale for 10-20 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Personally, I like their stuff. I usually wait till their sales though, since their prices are extortionate. Material is of a very high quality, tees are fairly thick, jeans are comparable with levis.
    south wrote: »
    Are the clothes made in Ireland?
    Just had a look at the taggage on a pair of jeans, a shirt, and two tees from them.
    Tags were completely nondescript, for evrything other than the materials and some large branding. No telltale signs of where the shirts were produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

I'd like to know how much of this product is made in Ireland to support the buy Irish idea, They should advertise this better if it truly is supporting Ireland.

Quality, while qwertee is cheap @ 12 or so including delivery, I find the quality flimsy, which of course matches the cheaper price. If the quality of the material and prints from this shop was high then it might be considered at least better value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think this crowd lasted less than six months in Liffey Valley, and with prices like this I can see why! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I dont think these are a bargain, but promoting being Irish doesn't mean the t-shirts themselves have to be made in Ireland. Whoever works in the shops is kept in a job, as are those in the warehouse, those running the website, and they are also giving their courier or An Post work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭golondrinas

To be in bargain alerts maybe the poster meant 20 for fifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

"Server not found" for me. I can't open the site on mobile or on laptop. 🤨

• Advertisement

Advertisement