Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prime Toys: Due January (?) Also: Price Hike (?)

• 26-11-2011 10:24am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After first stating November, Hasbro UK punted it to March. As of now, it's January...seemingly the end of Jan.

First two Voyagers (Prime and Bulkhead) and first four Delxues (Bumblebee, Starscream, Arcee and Cliffjumper) are all confirmed....as of now.

It's unsure if the FULL U.S. release in March will be met with a full release at the same time here.

Price Hike:

Hasbro have also apparently advised retailers there will be a 15% price hike across the board on Transformers.

Since the average retailer mark up is now as little as 15-22%, i don't know how retailers are going to react, esp when you considering an impending 2% vat hike.

Example: DOTM Delxues came with a 'sugested' retail price of 16 euro.

Multiply that by 1.17 (15% hike plus extra 2% vat) and you get 18.72... which is a lot closer to the fairly usual European mainland price of 20 euro per Deluxe.

This may be a case of Hasbro UK simply playing cash grab, rather than an international price hike by Hasbro INC.

...and for those of you who were wondering... nope, no apparent price hike in the U.S.

Anyone surprised?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

15% ?? Seriously?

Thanks for the update Wernstrom.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Jayd0g wrote: »
    15% ?? Seriously?

Thanks for the update Wernstrom.

I should have expanded on that more.

1st post edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gee, just when prices were starting to come down...

TBH, i think the future of the brand on UK and Irish shelves is looking a litlte shaky at the moment, never mind the price increase.

Hasbro UK have generally shown themselves incapable of making much of an effort advertising wise. Most of the work when it came to the movie franchise was simply done for them, based on media coverage.

Prime however, is on Cartoon Network over here. Yes, that same company who's alliance with BANDAI is part of the reason Animated coughed and spluttered.

Nonetheless, Hasbro UK seem fairly convinced that SOMEHOW the line is going to be a big earner for them.

Incidentally, Bandai UK are launching Thundercats toys Dec 1st. So you can probably look forward to Prime taking a back seat to the Thundercats cartoon.

Pity There's no equivalent to the Hub in the U.K. I can't see it being anything but a negative for Hasbro.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I literally cant remember the last time i saw a Transformers toy advert on telly here. Hasbro UK must be depending on the show itself being ad enough.

• Advertisement

The add for Ultimate Prime got fairly heavy rotation, i think.

Beyond that.... i can't remember.

Advertisement