Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

AAA
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    WipEout 2048
    Unit 13 [Made by Zipper, the guys behind SOCOM and MAG]
    MotorStorm RC

Worth Looking Into
    Reality Fighters
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip
    Everybody's Golf
    Escape Plan
    Super Stardust Delta
    Gravity Rush

Will Probably Ignore
    Little Deviants
    Top Darts
    Hustle Kings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If I have to sell my 3DTV to get this, I think I will... Really looking forward to this.. Uncharted and Wipeout/Motorstorm I think... Wonder when Resistance will be out?.. It's one of my favourite franchises aswell as Killzone..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wonder if PS plus members will get stuff for this, as content is meant to be cross platform in a lot of cases (unless it needs touch). psones games don't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

heres a hands on from when i got to play with the vita there a short while ago

http://clickonline.com/games/playstation-vita--hardware-hands-on/4521/

cannot bloody well wait til i get one through the office doors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

http://andriasang.com/comz2b/ridge_racer_courses/
    Namco Bandai held a Japanese media briefing for its PlayStation Vita launch titles yesterday. Impress Watch and Famitsu.com delivered impressions and screens for Ridge Racer.

As we previously detailed, Ridge Racer (which appears to be the game's final Japanese name) carries a lower price compared to most Vita launch titles. The game's package version is priced ¥3,980. The download version is regularly priced ¥3,580, but through March 31 you can pick it up for the special price of ¥2,980. Regardless of the version, the game requires a Memory Card.

One of the tradeoffs for the low price appears to be content. The sites report that the demo build had just five cars and three courses, and this will be true for the final version as well.

The course list includes Harborline 765, Highland Cliffs and Southbay Docks, all form past entries in the series. They can be played in normal and reverse.

Namco Bandai will, of course, be offering download content to add to the game. Details on DLC will be shared in December. The game's main menu has an option for directly accessing PlayStation Store.

The official Namco Bandai reason for the low price is that it hopes to get as many players as possible in order to make the Planetary League mode more active. In the Planetary League, players throughout the world split into circle, x, triangle and square teams. Every 24 hours, the game sends out new team battle missions. At the end of the month, the game's servers will determine the rank of each of the four teams based off points earned during the missions.

These team battles can be played as real time races via Wi-Fi and Ad-Hoc. Or, you can play against rival ghost data. The game supports Vita's Near functionality for transferring ghost data.

For those hoping to use Ridge Racer to show off your pricey new portable, Famitsu.com reports that the game has detailed visuals and fresh colors thanks to the OLED screen, with the night courses looking particularly pretty. Due to the focus on detail, the game runs at 30 frames per second rather than the 60 some Ridge Racer fans may have hoped for.

*clears throat*...WHAT!?

• Advertisement

Sounds like the main game is just a starter pack and the meat will be provided by DLC. It will all depend on the pricing to see if its a success.

However, the 30 frames a second news is disappointing. Normally, Ridge Racer games are good for showing off a new systems graphical capabilities. Hopefully, it still looks good.

well the retail version of the game is €40... that's essentially full price for a handheld game

Helix wrote: »
    well the retail version of the game is €40... that's essentially full price for a handheld game

But regular PSV games in Japan are going to be in the region of 5,900 yen [€57] so Ridge Racer will be cheaper.

Again, we won't know exactly how much the prices will be here until they are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Goin to trade in my dusty 250gb Slim Xbox over this. Can't wait. Uncharted and Gravity Rush for me! :D

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/ps-vita-to-stream-playstation-3-games--1043176

The article basically discusses the long-rumoured remote play feature of the PSV, but includes some details such as:

- developers of PS3 games will need to opt-in to allow streaming to the PSV
    - and the games will be sent in PSP resolution, [480 x 272] and the PSV will then upscale the content in real-time to match the resolution of its screen.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    - developers of PS3 games will need to opt-in to allow streaming to the PSV
    - and the games will be sent in PSP resolution, [480 x 272] and the PSV will then upscale the content in real-time to match the resolution of its screen.

You got that a bit backwards

Remote play will work without any changes to the games but will be limited to 480X272.

Developers can implement it to their games where that game will be then capable of 480, and likely many games will include it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Notorioux wrote: »
    Goin to trade in my dusty 250gb Slim Xbox over this. Can't wait. Uncharted and Gravity Rush for me! :D

Probably best trading it in now if it's just gathering dust... Try GAME, Xtravision, Gamestop and HMV just ring and see which offers the best... Trade in price may drop by Febuary and keep the credit safe or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Lost interest in the vita after e3 , price is hurting me at this moment of time , i wait a year or 2 till they release a newer cheaper model , the umd situation is kinda bs if they expect us to rebuy pso games but least ive no intention of selling my psp :pac:

Probably best trading it in now if it's just gathering dust... Try GAME, Xtravision, Gamestop and HMV just ring and see which offers the best... Trade in price may drop by Febuary and keep the credit safe or something..

probably better just selling it on adverts for 50% more money

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/psvita-games-box-art-revealed-plus-every-game-in-development/

All the game officially announced that i could find, plus some of the box art in the link above.

Army Corps of Hell, Square Enix;

Asphalt: Injection, Ubisoft;

Disgaea 3 Return, NIS America;

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, Ubisoft;

Dynasty Warriors Next, Tecmo Koei;

EA Sports FIFA Football, EA;

F1 2011, Codemasters;

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7, WB Games;

Lumines Electronic Symphony, Ubisoft;

Michael Jackson: The Experience HD, Ubisoft;

Ninja Gaiden (working title), Tecmo Koei;

OddWorld: Strangers Wrath, OddWorld Inhabitants; Puddle, Neko Entertainment;

Pure Chess, RebelPlay;

Putty Squad Vita, System 3;

Rayman Origins, Ubisoft;

Ridge Racer, Bandai Namco;

Shinobido 2, Bandai Namco;

Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Konami;

Stardrone Extreme, BeatShapers;

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz, SEGA;

Supremacy MMA, 505 Games;

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Drinkbox Studios;

The Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, Alawar Entertainment;

Touch My Katamari, Bandai Namco;

Troopies, Bloober Team;

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom;

Urban Trials, Tate Multimedia;

Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition, SEGA;

Orc Attack, Casual Brothers;

Ben 10 Galactic Racing, Bandai Entertainment;

Dragon’s Racing, Ignition Entertainment;

Robot Rescue Revolution, Teyon;

Mortal Kombat, WB Games;

Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft;

Bioshock, Take Two;

Street Fighter X Tekken, Capcom;

Call of Duty, Activision Blizzard

Ridge racer only has 5 cars and 3 tracks , if thats the future of gaming , im quitting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Ridge racer only has 5 cars and 3 tracks , if thats the future of gaming , im quitting :pac:
    If that future also includes DLC, when, if all of the packs are bought cost €100 or above, add me to the list of quitters. Gaming will only crash and burn if that happens.

If that future also includes DLC, when, if all of the packs are bought cost €100 or above, add me to the list of quitters. Gaming will only crash and burn if that happens.

Ridge racer is reported full price , thats just bollox low life company greed

that's only going to happen if people pay for it. idiots are the problem not the developers and publishers

Ridge racer is reported full price

Link?

• Advertisement

Ridge racer is reported full price , thats just bollox low life company greed
    On the bright side, it will carry a reduced ¥3980 (around £33) price tag, knocked down further to ¥2980 (around £25) for all digital purchases before 31st March. The majority of boxed Vita titles will sell for ¥4980 (around £41) in Japan.

Where do you see full price?

Huh ? I was pretty sure ...read it wrong twice..sorry ..still pretty much close to full price though..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/28/psone-classics-and-other-game-archives-wont-work-on-vita-at-lau/
    There's no more confusion about whether or not the PS Vita will run PSOne Classics and other "Game Archives" games (that's the umbrella term used in Japan for Sony's retro games -- PSOne and PC Engine/Turbografx-16, along with, presumably, PS2) at launch. Unfortunately, the answer to that lingering question is a firm, and bewildering, no.

The Japanese Vita FAQ, which initially noted that the Vita will play all downloadable PSP games except for Archives releases, cemented that in an answer to the direct question of whether or not the device will support old downloaded games. According to the FAQ, Game Archives games will not be compatible with the device at launch. "Plans for future measures will be announced shortly," the (Google-translated) FAQ notes.

There's no reason to suspect that there's a technical issue with running old PlayStation, PC Engine, and PS2 games on the powerful Vita. It's more likely that Sony's figuring out how to square the existing PlayStation Store for consoles with the PlayStation Suite version of the store, which offers a different and smaller selection of PSOne games. That hasn't been a problem so far ... because there hasn't been a device that could theoretically use both stores yet.

I mean, honestly... /shakes head

Won't take long for that to be fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Varik wrote: »
    Won't take long for that to be fixed.

By who, hackers or Sony? They really do never learn - I just see these things as incentive for those that would, to exploit the system.

Cracking looking console, I just hope Sony utilize it to its potential unlike the psp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Hackers then sony! (if the psp is anything to go by)

I'll never get over how they disabled video output over composite connection even though it was proven to be fully possible

So, vats going up by 2%(probably).

Yea i get to spend more on my Vita as well as everything else or i'm taking a short trip and giving some other country my money.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    So, vats going up by 2%(probably).

Yea i get to spend more on my Vita as well as everything else or i'm taking a short trip and giving some other country my money.

so you're going to save the €5.00 extra your vita is going to cost you by travelling to another country to buy it? logic fail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement