Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Natalie Woods case reopened after 30 years.

• 21-11-2011 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

I find this really interesting, the case of Natalie Wood has been reopened. I always found her death to be fishy and I feel Robert Wagner knows more then he's saying about it.
    How do you all feel? You thing something will come of this 30 years after the fact? I've always found it odd how a woman who was scared of the water would try to get into a dingy in the middle of the night when she was drunk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

what? is it a film?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    what? is it a film?

Natalie Wood the actress, she was in Rebel Without A Cause, she drowned off the coast of Catalina after an argument with Robert Wagner who was her husband at the time partying on a yacht with some other movie stars, Christopher Walken was there as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Wood#Death

interesting to see its been reopened. wonder has Walken ever spoken much in public about it in the years afterwards?

I've always found it odd how a woman who was scared of the water would try to get into a dingy in the middle of the night when she was drunk.

Not like drunk people make the most rational decisions. The number of theories surrounding her death is ridicolous, from the Wagner killed her to the she walked in on the two guys making out to alien intervention.

I've always found it odd how a woman who was scared of the water would try to get into a dingy in the middle of the night when she was drunk.

Not like drunk people make the most rational decisions. The number of theories surrounding her death is ridicolous, from the Wagner killed her to the she walked in on the two guys making out to alien intervention.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

After reading up on this (it's the first i've heard of it); her death is extremely suspicious. It sounds like it was pretty much swept under the rug by hollywood. Her hating the water but going out on a dingy, having facial and body bruises just after having an argument, the husband not being concerned with his wife being missing from a boat...it's all extremely dubious.

Maybe it just had to be dismissed on the grounds of inconclusive evidence. Did no-one check the hands etc of the husband for any evidence of a fight? Or a full autopsy etc? Anyway, I could be wrong but from what I've been presented it sounds like murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'll remind everyone to refrain from making any potentially defamatory claims about this case. There are no suspects and as far as the police are concerned it was an accident.

Anyway, whatever happened, this sounds to me like someone trying to sell their book.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

If there was foul play involved I'm glad it's been reopened, I hope the truth comes out.

I'll remind everyone to refrain from making any potentially defamatory claims about this case. There are no suspects and as far as the police are concerned it was an accident.

Anyway, whatever happened, this sounds to me like someone trying to sell their book.

Most people would say that it's cynical to think that the re-openign of this case was anything other than a shameless money spinner but the fact that the person most vocal and instrumental in it's re-opeing recently released a book on the Natalie Wood kinda says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

I typed in a search for Natalie Wood into Google news and the first hit was " ROBERT WAGNER's WORST NIGHTMARE: NATALIE WOOD COVER-UP REVEALED!"
    When I clicked to read it I couldn't load the page. Anyone else read it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

I read a book about her not so long ago and I remember that there awas another boat near by Natalie and Robert Wagner's that night,
    and the woman on the boat hear a woman screaming and calling for help and a man shouting at the woman and suddenly everything went quiet.
    Sounds fishy to me.

She died on the 29th of November which I'd imagine the weather late at night on a lake to be rather cold but she was found only wearing a light nighty and socks,
    now of you were going out for a late night row in a dingy I'm sure you'd put more clothes on to keep warm.

I do think that there was a lot more to her death than was ever let on, also her and Walken were meant to be having an affair and Wagner found out and didn't like that in the slightest, or so the story goes.

Glad to hear it's reopened, hopefully some stuff will be cleared up and the truth will be learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Ted Kennedy was seen off the grassy knoll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I know it's a 7 year bump now but it was the only thread I could find on it.

Robert Wagner Named Person of Interest in Natalie Wood's Death

Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators open up about their findings as they look into the actress' mysterious drowning.
    Speaking to CBS News' 48 Hours, Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators say that Natalie Wood's then-husband, actor Robert Wagner, is a person of interest as they look into the circumstances around her mysterious death in 1981.

"As we've investigated the case over the last six years, I think he's more of a person of interest now," Lt. John Corina says of Wagner in an interview with 48 Hours correspondent Erin Moriarty. "I mean, we know now that he was the last person to be with Natalie before she disappeared."

Wood drowned off the coast of Catalina in November 1981 after she went missing from her family's yacht, Splendour. Wood, Wagner, Christopher Walken and yacht captain Dennis Davern were all on board the night before Wood was found floating in the water wearing a red down jacket and flannel nightgown. The death was originally ruled an accident, following a two-week investigation, but in 2011, the L.A. County Sheriff's Department reopened the death investigation, and a year later the L.A. coroner's office amended Wood's death certificate to change the manner of death from accidental drowning to "drowning and other undetermined factors."

There have long been rumors of foul play surrounding Wood's death. Wagner's and Davern's shifting accounts of what happened the night Wood, famously terrified of dark water, went missing, have raised red flags for investigators.

Investigators, speaking to 48 Hours about new witnesses, evidence and theories about occurred, want to speak with Wagner about the circumstances surrounding her death.

But Wagner has refused to talk to investigators, and Corina tells 48 Hours that he doesn't think the actor has told the whole story.

"I haven't seen him tell the details that match all the other witnesses in this case," Corina says of Wagner. "I think he's constantly changed his story a little bit. And his version of events just don't add up." Walken has spoken with police.

Additionally, Corina says he thinks Wagner knows more about what happened to Wood than he's said, "because he's the last one to see her."

With an autopsy report that shows what looked like fresh bruises on Wood's body, Det. Ralph Hernandez tells 48 Hours, "She looked like the victim of an assault."

When asked whether he believes Wood was murdered, Corina says, "I think it's suspicious enough to make us think that something happened."

Hernandez adds, "We have not been able to prove this was a homicide. And we haven't been able to prove that this was an accident either. The ultimate problem is we don't know how she ended up in the water."

Neither Wagner nor Walken responded to 48 Hours' requests for comment.

The full 48 Hours episode, "Natalie Wood: Death in Dark Water," is set to air Saturday night at 10 p.m. on CBS.

Watch a preview that aired on CBS This Morning.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robert-wagner-named-person-interest-natalie-woods-death-1080858

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Unlikely they’ll uncover anything substantive after all this time sadly. I hope I’m wrong.

It’s one of life’s tragically odd coincidences that she often mentioned her fear of water in interviews as below. This one was shortly before she died.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I just watched Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind

Her daughter Natasha Gregson Wagner made the documentary.

Robert Wagner talks about that night on the boat as part of it.

Advertisement