Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M1 Speed Trap near Dunleer

• 20-11-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I've searched the forums but couldn't find any up to date information about that speed camera on the M1 southbound, near Dunleer.

Does anybody know if that is currently active? I got distracted today and passed through it at around 135 when the limit is 120. I know, I know I shouldn't be speeding.

Should I expect a fine? Has anyone received a speeding fine from that trap lately? I've seen many people speeding through it and I'm not sure if it's active.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

I think they only have a few cameras that they switch between the boxes, so if you didn't see a flash you might be lucky, but watch the post for a few weeks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭anticonno16

That camera is active as a brasser on coke working nights at a welsh coal mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Impossible to tell if it was active at the time but I know people who have received fines from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Hi guys, thanks for the answers. It was broad daylight and the sun was shining, was happily driving enjoying the nice day and didn't see any flash. Don't know if iI'd see it anyway during the day.

Ok fingers crossed that I won't get anything. Should be something around €80 to €100 if I got caught, correct? And 2 penalty points :(

Do 2 points have any effect on insurance quotes?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,756 ✭✭✭✭unkel

rafaetha wrote: »
    passed through it at around 135 when the limit is 120

135 indicated can be a good bit less in real speed. You might be lucky in that you technically might not have speeded at all :)

Legally a speedo must indicate between real speed and real speed + 10% + 4km/h. This means that an indicated 135km/h can be as low as 119km/h real speed

And there is always a little bit of a margin before you get a fine too

Keep us posted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Saw it snap two douche bags on Thursday last. I call them douche bags because they were driving like twits and remember the smile I had as they hammered by just before the on ramp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Strange it hasn't caught the burning tyre disease yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

eth0 wrote: »
    It is in an awkward location to discreetly inoculate it and make good an escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

eth0 wrote: »

There's a blatantly positioned traffic camera pointing right at it from the Northbound carriageway.

Could be down to that.

One of them is part of the ITS system the M1 is famous for but I'd say the other is keeping an eye on the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

I remember a few months back seeing a big burn-out rubber doughnut on the M1(S) right at that camera.

• Advertisement
Advertisement