Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo: Anniversay 15/11/11

• 08-11-2011 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Shame that this forum is so quiet when the Battlefield and COD ones are constantly thriving, personally I do enjoy both those games in their own right but the one I keep coming back to is Halo, time and time again, not to mention it's appeal as the one game everyone in my circle of friends will agree on to play in large groups. It's simply the most satisfying multiplayer game I've ever played, full of tireless possibles, and I love the story arch of the SP to boot, particularly the design and music which on their own merits are worthy of the big screen. Very, very excited about Anniversary next week, already paid for, day booked off, the works!

Just finished playing Halo Reach on Legendary because I was in a bit of a Halo mood, man was it hard. Some levels were OK, but the last one was really difficult....but worth it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yeah, the forum is quieter, but this is ultimately a small enough, cheaper release, more of a love letter to the fans than a big AAA "Everyone Pay Attention" marketing shi-bang.
    Forum might heat up when we get closer to Halo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Halo certainly is a game I keep coming back to. If I have an hour to kill I can pop into the multiplayer and perform somewhat decent. Take a long break from Modern Warfare and jump in online and it's a frustrating experience.

Honestly cannot wait for the re-release. Halo was the reason I bought an Xbox after playing through a few levels in my cousins house. Storming the beach in the Silent Cartographer sealed the deal for me and my first ever Credit Union loan followed to buy an xbox :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Playing it now and it's incredible fun. The engine switch feature is all kinds of awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

do this come with the map packs code included?,i was in tesco earlier and it was 35 euro which i taught was a good price but it didnt say f it came with the map pack or not,it just said it had the grunt amour and armour avatar,would hate to pay for it and ntot get the map pack included ,,anyone able to clear this up

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xxtallaghtxx

In the new Halo you press a button to bring you back yo how it looked back in the day... my question, did it really look THAT bad? It just looks darker and worse than I remembered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 xxtallaghtxx

do this come with the map packs code included?,i was in tesco earlier and it was 35 euro which i taught was a good price but it didnt say f it came with the map pack or not,it just said it had the grunt amour and armour avatar,would hate to pay for it and ntot get the map pack included ,,anyone able to clear this up

I picked it up in Gamestop for €40 had everything. Price was €50 when i pre-ordered it (My one had Cardboard around the case) If that helps

In the new Halo you press a button to bring you back yo how it looked back in the day... my question, did it really look THAT bad? It just looks darker and worse than I remembered

Yes I own several copies of Halo original (y'know, in case one gets lost or damaged :P ), and yes it looked 'that bad', though, once must remember that at the time relative to other console offerings, it was utterly spectacular. Don't forget, it was an entire decade ago - show me a game, from an entire decade ago, with such incredible detail as well as AI, and I shall overlook....I played Halo to death, alone, co-op, split screen, then back to co-op etc. Halo, in my opinion, is the- and I mean the- finest MP experience known to mankind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

jaysus its sad to see the halo forum this quiet after a new release

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The version I picked up had both inside. As far as I know the maps come with every version and the armour/skull are supposed to be pre order bonuses although mine was not pre order but I still got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

cheers for that lads,,,i ended up getting the map pack on ebay after for 6 euros,have to say im loving them and the pistol,and only for the pistol i wouldnt of having a hope of doing this weeks weekly challenge and anniversary slayer is the business :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

I thought the same.. i think it looks.. weird.. a little off. Maybe I'm used to the Pc version. :(

I was very disappointed with T&R opening section.. I didn't need the night vision at all for the scope :( I've the video settings done like they say in the menu :(

It's definitely much better looking on the PC rather than Xbox original, but again, that is how it once looked on the Xbox, but it was 2001 and one has to allow for that! It was the king of console shooters in its day. Incredibly, despite some old fashioned core mechanics, the game is still a hell of a lot of fun, especially in co-op - played a few levels with my housemates and it was as good as any modern co-op game for laughs and fun. Anniversary matchmaking is awesome. Favourite maps so far? Mine's definitely Ridgeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Picked this up today myself. Hadn't played this one before, so the whole thing is new to me. It's absolutely fantastic though! Couldn't rate it highly enough so far. The graphics aren't the best to be honest, but the gameplay feels so much better than some of the other Halo games. The sounds of the guns are better even. Can't believe I missed out on this ten years ago!

Advertisement