Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Oireland Thread

• 20-10-2011 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭

All conversation relating to NFL Oireland will be held in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Currently ranked #1. Playing #2 this week, both with 5-1 records.

I'm up 57.32 to 39.24 at the moment with Scobee left to play and he's finished.

This week is gonna be a write off. Plenty of players on byes.

Playing the worst team in the league, 0-7, inactive and still has Peyton as his starter. Makes it even more annoying that I'm going to lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

room for a little one next season to fill in for the inactive then Frisbee ?

cough cough ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Need 16 points from Ray Rice and David Akers to get the chance to defend my title in the final - come on chaps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Come on Akers, just 2 field goals, or a FG and 2 XP. Thats all I ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Need 16 points from Ray Rice and David Akers to get the chance to defend my title in the final - come on chaps!

That will be irrelevant anyway.. I'll be destroying whoever gets to the final :cool:

Champion :D

Fairly epic final with Drew Brees, Marques Colston, Julio Jones and John Kasay seeing me over the line on MNF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

This league has been re-activated folks. Would be great if last year's participants could re-register. Let me know if there's any difficulties.

There's 2 open spaces for anyone who is not currently involved. It's just a friendly league that I had going outside of Boards that I opened up to a few Boardsies when mates pulled out of it. Nothing too serious, give us a shout if interested.

Sorry to ask for another bunch of confirms, but if you're already in this league and fancy another year can hounding a quick post with your team name? A mate of mine has pulled out so will have to do a bit of re-shuffling. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Sorry to ask for another bunch of confirms, but if you're already in this league and fancy another year can hounding a quick post with your team name? A mate of mine has pulled out so will have to do a bit of re-shuffling. Thanks.

Sure why not I will give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

If you need a body I'd be up for it

Yup I'm back in

Oh Look An Eagle back to defend their title.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'm in for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,484 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

in

Frisbee - The Wildcats
    JaMarcus Hustle - Dunluce Demons
    Eagle Eye - Eagle Eye Patriots
    CoachTO - Slinger Owls
    Mr Guappa - Oh Look An Eagle
    JohnnyRyan99 - Poontown Pussycats
    UnitedIrishman - The U (or have I gotten your team wrong?)
    Matt - Riverview Raiders
    Darklighter - TBD (will PM you code to join)

Above have confirmed. If any of the old participants want to give it another go, just let me know.

Yeah, The U is my team.

With regards drafting across all leagues, what kind of time span will we be talking? As in, when were last years held and will it be around the same this year again?

Darklighter - TBD (will PM you code to join)

Just signed up there, Pack It All In

Reducing this to 10 teams this year guys, as not all invites have been acknowledged. I figure most of us are in enough 14/16 team leagues so a nice little 10 team league will be a change. Thanks for taking part, should be good fun :)

I'd also like to throw an idea out there, see what you guys think.

How about drafting in the coming week? I just figure (almost) every other league we're in is a lot of teams drafting in the week before the regular season opener. I think it would be a welcome change for this league to be something a bit different - fewer teams drafting before preseason games start.

Just a suggestion, let me know if it sits well.

• Advertisement

I'd also like to throw an idea out there, see what you guys think.

How about drafting in the coming week? I just figure (almost) every other league we're in is a lot of teams drafting in the week before the regular season opener. I think it would be a welcome change for this league to be something a bit different - fewer teams drafting before preseason games start.

Just a suggestion, let me know if it sits well.

I'm up for that. Might see more trades/FA pickups and battles before the season starts than during the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

I like 10 people

I like the idea of a 10-team league.. have teams in plenty 12 and 16-teamers as you say. Also up for an early draft.

Please vote for the draft date & time. It will be some time between now and Friday week, whatever gets most votes. Cheers.

http://doodle.com/arapk59eriu9cgty#table

Edit: Ignore, NFL.com won't let me choose Thursday for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Presumably its too late now but I think I was in this last year...? Love to play it again.

Orizio wrote: »
    Presumably its too late now but I think I was in this last year...? Love to play it again.

I'll see if I can recruit another person so that I can make it 12 teams but definitely don't want to go above that. I'll PM you an invite now, you can join straight away - good to have you back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I'll see if I can recruit another person so that I can make it 12 teams but definitely don't want to go above that. I'll PM you an invite now, you can join straight away - good to have you back!

if you need one more then i'll join

Any chance of starting the draft @ half 9? I've a match & I don't Tink the manager will be too impressed if I tell him to sub me as I've a fantasy draft to attend!

• Advertisement

Any chance of starting the draft @ half 9? I've a match & I don't Tink the manager will be too impressed if I tell him to sub me as I've a fantasy draft to attend!

Or possibly 10? :o Working until half 9. If any objections then fair enough, totally understandable given the length of these things sometimes.

Advertisement