Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Trek Movie Marathon?

• 22-10-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

I'd love for one of these to happen, I'd gos ee most of them in the cinema anyways! Especially Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country...if only!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I'd love for one of these to happen, I'd gos ee most of them in the cinema anyways! Especially Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country...if only!

They did one once or twice in CineWorld, in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Would struggle to be a success as movies 1,5,7,9,10 would have no one going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Single digit even Treks marathon!

Goldstein wrote: »
    Single digit even Treks marathon!

But but what about 3??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Would struggle to be a success as movies 1,5,7,9,10 would have no one going

Generations wasn't THAT bad. Certainly doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as The Final Frontier, Insurrection or Nemesis.

• Advertisement

Generations was terrible!!
    Riker and Worf talking techno babble instead of just pulverising the Duras ship.
    Data overacting every scene just because of an emotion chip.
    Picard coming out of a nexus at the time that he went in, rather than earlier.
    Most contrived reason to bring Kirk in
    Actually having Kirk in a Next Gen film

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Generations was terrible!!
    Riker and Worf talking techno babble instead of just pulverising the Duras ship.
    Data overacting every scene just because of an emotion chip.
    Picard coming out of a nexus at the time that he went in, rather than earlier.
    Most contrived reason to bring Kirk in
    Actually having Kirk in a Next Gen film

Granted it's weak, but what I did enjoy...

Seeing the Enterprise-B finally, instead of gazing at a tiny gold model of it on Picard's briefing room wall.

Watching Kirk charge through pummeled starship corridors, punch in commands in a groaning Engineering, and shed a tear as his firends gazed out from the giant crater where Kirk used to be.

The upgraded, moodily-lit Enterprise-D bridge swamped in an ocean of reds and blacks against the Amargosa star---very dramatic.

Watching Data deal with and learn from his guilt at being afraid, and the friendship between Geordie and La Forge that, for the other TNG films, went criminally ignored.

Malcolm McDowell: character was sh1t, but it was still cool having him get under Picard's skin: time is the fire in which we burn, Captain. I know you understand...

Riker's Moment: whip-pan and Riker's deadpan command: FIRE.

The sight of Enterprise breaking up, imploding, and then the saucer hitting planetside...as a child I was thinking, is this really happening?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Granted it's weak, but what I did enjoy...

Seeing the Enterprise-B finally, instead of gazing at a tiny gold model of it on Picard's briefing room wall.

It made quite an entrance didn't it? I love the Excelsior class :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Terrible, terrible plot, and really cheesey bringing Picard and Kirk together, but still quite enjoyable I think. I loved it when I saw it in the cinema... It was the one which most seemed like an actual feature film of the TNG ones - until maybe Nemesis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

komodosp wrote: »
    Terrible, terrible plot, and really cheesey bringing Picard and Kirk together, but still quite enjoyable I think. I loved it when I saw it in the cinema... It was the one which most seemed like an actual feature film of the TNG ones - until maybe Nemesis

I disagree my fellow trekker, in my opinion First Contact was the only TNG film that felt big enough to hit the cinema. Generations felt like a pumped-up crossover episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Generations reveals that Riker chose to remain in the Q Continuum from the time when he was inducted into it and immediately began to act like an ass. This is demonstrated when he says he plans on living forever to Picard at the end of the film, evidence of the fact of his immortality and the continuum is the most likely candidate by about a million for this.

Oh yeah, isn't there a TV meta-narrative conspiracy about shows such as Star Trek, the X Files, Twin Peaks etc all being products of this autistic boys mind in this tv show where in the final episode you see a snow globe or something of the town in which the show is based and somehow all the shows we watch on TV are being lived out in his mind? I'm trying to remember the name of the show so I can read up on it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Generations reveals that Riker chose to remain in the Q Continuum from the time when he was inducted into it and immediately began to act like an ass. This is demonstrated when he says he plans on living forever to Picard at the end of the film, evidence of the fact of his immortality and the continuum is the most likely candidate by about a million for this.

Oh yeah, isn't there a TV meta-narrative conspiracy about shows such as Star Trek, the X Files, Twin Peaks etc all being products of this autistic boys mind in this tv show where in the final episode you see a snow globe or something of the town in which the show is based and somehow all the shows we watch on TV are being lived out in his mind? I'm trying to remember the name of the show so I can read up on it again.

*backs away slowly*

Advertisement