Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kildare boards beer night

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭december83

WOW!
    look what ive started!!! :eek:

k, well, lets have a poll on what town in kildare to have the meet in. democracy and all that jazz......

simple.
    vote for which town you would like a kildare boards beers night to be held in.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

How come Staplestown isn't on there ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Kildare town would be ideal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

E39MSport wrote: »
    How come Staplestown isn't on there ? :D

We could go to that pub, the one thats sinking in the ground near Donadea :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Roches ? Prefare Ballagh house myself.
    Leixlip gets my vote.altho i know none of you so i could go anywhere and say hello to some random table of people :P

Roches, i couldnt think of the name when i posted last night :)

All north Kildare suggestions :( Will be no beer for me if that's the case. A glass of fanta and maybe some tayto before I drive home!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There are definitely no women on the internet, stop the vicious rumors!!
    The poor young men would not know what to with themselves but Maynooth tis full of nice young women;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I'd be up for a Maynooth beers anyway because its practically in Dublin, I could get a 66 home :p
    But would it be early in the evening or what???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

New Roost front bar is very cosy, or the glenroyal bar has a cosy reserve-able area at the back corner of the main bar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

how about instead of people deciding on the town...assign a town to presidential hopefuls? whichever gets elected is where the beers are on!

Michael D - maynooth
    Sean Gallagher - naas
    Martin McGuinness - Newbridge
    David norris -Celbridge
    Gay Mitchell - Kildare Town
    Mary Davis - Kilcullen
    Dana - Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭The Mulk

How come we get stuck with Norris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

daheff wrote: »
    how about instead of people deciding on the town...assign a town to presidential hopefuls? whichever gets elected is where the beers are on!

Michael D - maynooth
    Sean Gallagher - naas
    Martin McGuinness - Newbridge
    David norris -Celbridge
    Gay Mitchell - Kildare Town
    Mary Davis - Kilcullen
    Dana - Leixlip
    daheff has just replied to a thread you follow entitled - kildare boards beer night - in the Kildare forum of boards.ie.

This thread is located at:
    http://boards.ie/tre/2056423841

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Michael D - maynooth
    Sean Gallagher - naas
    Martin McGuinness - Leixlip
    David norris -Celbridge
    Gay Mitchell - Newbridge
    Mary Davis - Kilcullen
    Dana - Athy

I call shenanigans!!!!

Having McGuinness in the first draft was bad enough, but to be downgraded to Dana????? Has daheff something against leixlip??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

SQ2 wrote: »
    New Roost front bar is very cosy, or the glenroyal bar has a cosy reserve-able area at the back corner of the main bar
    Glenroyal=Worst pint in Maynooth. And no atmosphere in that place at all. Any of the pubs would be better.
    Haven't been in the new Roost yet.

[edit]I'll be in Brady's tonight to watch the Munster game if anyone's about for an impromptu beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

I can't remember having a complaint about the Heineken quality last time I was there a couple of months back, but no prob with the atmos in the back corner. I'd agree about the open area though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

So we got a date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Poll closes tomorrow. Naas and Maynooth now level. For me Naas has the better pubs and is more central.

yaay for the last 4 voters;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bigbro

@Moonbeam says I'm allowed to go if it's soon - and nearby... So go Maynooth! ;-)

okey dokey
    looks like maynooth is the spot (for the next one we can go to naas, seeing as it came in second ;))
    now, i dont know maynooth at all so someone that does will have to make some suggestions as to where to hold the night. maybe another poll? this time for bars in the town.
    and maybe at the same time a poll for most popular date to have it on?
    lets get this rolling! :D

Please not the 25th or 26th of Nov:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

december83 wrote: »
    i dont know maynooth at all so someone that does will have to make some suggestions as to where to hold the night. maybe another poll? this time for bars in the town.
    and maybe at the same time a poll for most popular date to have it on?
    lets get this rolling! :D
    If the poll trend continues we'll have about 3 people in a pub in Maynooth, 35% of 25 who voted for Maynooth = about 9 in favour of a particular bar Maynooth, then 35% of those in favour of an exact date = 3 to meet up :D

Vektarman goes and hides in snug.

Well i think the best pubs for something like this would be either The Roost or Bradys. They both have a good atmosphere in them and theres usually a good crowd too so they wont be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

If the choices had been more limited I'd say Naas probably would have won based on the other votes. But yay for Maynooth :D

Right - dates people. We can worry about location once we've a date as it does matter atmosphere-wise: Friday - Roost, Saturday - Bradys, Thursday - those two or O'Neills.

Time for a new thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056439621#

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

gatecrash wrote: »
    I call shenanigans!!!!

Having McGuinness in the first draft was bad enough, but to be downgraded to Dana????? Has daheff something against leixlip??

I arranged the towns on the current vote in the same order as the (at the time) presidential candidates in the polls

nothing (much) against Celbridge or Leixlip :)

Advertisement