Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is this for body building?

• 09-10-2011 6:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

and Worlds strongest man?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

From the charter:
    This forum will be for the discussion of all things Strength & Strength Sports related, from Worlds strongest man to Starting strenght to just increasing your bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I take it we already have an off-topic thread .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

squod wrote: »
    I take it we already have an off-topic thread .

No we dont...Ive cleaned it up.

We may look at an off topic thread after a few weeks.

Op yes Bodybuilding, WSM, weightligting comps, powerlifting comps, etc

as well as discussing training programs and the likes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Strength training for sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Hanley wrote: »
    Strength Functional training for sports?

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's prob a decent idea to have this as a sub forum of Health And Fitness as well as sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Mellor wrote: »
    It's prob a decent idea to have this as a sub forum of Health And Fitness as well as sports

I am neither healthy or fit. Nor do i have any interest in being such.

If they want, they can be a sub-forum of us.

The idea was to get it away from fitness and have us stand out as a sport on our own. Strongman, weightlifting and powerlifting are growing fast in ireland and are well gone beyond being considered as "keeping fit".

• Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It wouldn't stip it beign a stand along forum, just a linked forum (different to a subforum). I think poker is an example of one.

Fair enough its your call obviously, I just thought that a lot of the people will end up posting threads over there that should probably go here. Thinking more along the lines of strength training than upcoming comps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

It wouldn't stip it beign a stand along forum, just a linked forum (different to a subforum). I think poker is an example of one.

Fair enough its your call obviously, I just thought that a lot of the people will end up posting threads over there that should probably go here. Thinking more along the lines of strength training than upcoming comps
    Yes, especially when this isn't listed in the dropdown menus. A link to this forum would just indicate its existence, rather than categorise it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The idea was to get it away from fitness and have us stand out as a sport on our own. Strongman, weightlifting and powerlifting are growing fast in ireland and are well gone beyond being considered as "keeping fit".

I can't help feeling that you're at the head of a giant conspiracy man. Stand down as a H&F mod, bide your time and wham a new forum is created to drag most of the regular posters away. :)

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I can't help feeling that you're at the head of a giant conspiracy man. Stand down as a H&F mod, bide your time and wham a new forum is created to drag most of the regular posters away. :)

i dont know what your talking about.......silly man

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

i dont know what your talking about.......silly man

You're and evil genius.

Blofeldpleasance67.jpg

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I honestly thought the idea had just died.

Will we get a logs section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I honestly thought the idea had just died.

I wouldn't let it. Believe it or not you (pl.) have me to thank for this.

As for Logs, not right now anyway. Baby steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

g'em wrote: »
    I wouldn't let it. Believe it or not you (pl.) have me to thank for this.

Well thank the Christ for you Ma'am.

We do have g'em to thank for it and i for one appreciate it!!!

Advertisement