Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 2 Thread

• 20-10-2011 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭

All conversation relating to Division Two will be held in here.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

STANDINGS AFTER 6 WEEKS

Division 1
    The Arsenal Jets 4-2
    Jackc94 4-2
    LA Dairymilk 3-3
    Mikes Magicians 0-6

Division 2
    Golden Stars 5-1
    UnitedIrishmen 4-2
    Team Of Gary Breens 3-3
    Landsleaving 3-3

Division 3
    Dillon Panthers 4-2
    Shelmalier Rebels 4-2
    Cookies Cowboys 0-6
    LA Gold 0-6

Division 4
    Corrigeen Crusaders 6-0
    Los Horseboxos 3-3
    The Y nots 3-3
    Show us your TD`s 2-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

My improvement continues with seventy two points but lost by eight points

Coulda, shoulda, was stuck for a third receiver and picked Danario Alexander out of several choices and didn't replace him even after Bradford was ruled out
    On reflection it looks stupid
    But what's the issue with NFL projections, the website ranked him waaay ahead of anyone else

No excuses, doomed to relegation
    But it's good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

never using my phone to make changes again. I brought burress back in for parker and it never stuck despite it saying so. fecker gets 3 tds and 20 points. happened when changing a defense before. probably lose this week now. still have 4 to play tonight though.

Im ahead of my opponent and still have 3 to play while he has none. So looks like Im heading to 6-1 :D . Also interesting to see that Corrigeen Crusaders needs like 19 yards from Torrey Smith tonight to stay unbeaten.

Im majorly screwed for next week though. Have 3 QB on bye week and 2 WR. Might be able to survive if the waiver wire goes my way !

Bye weeks killed me last week. Had to start Gabbert and Alfonso smith !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The toilet bowl as the two winless teams Mike Magicians and Cookie's Cowboys face off

Both teams look doomed to relegation
    However with jackc94 missing in action and two more teams just two wins or less ahead a miraculous escape is possible for one of these

Mike Magicians after a questionable start and some fully deserved criticism has been battling hard and become the tinkerman of the league with over twenty rosters changes.
    Scored eighth highest score in the division last week which is good for a rookie but the competition and experience is fierce in the dizzy heights of Division Two and no quarter given so alas, it was another pounding defeat

Despite some consistent improvement, Mikes Magicians made a foolish error and traded for a player who went on IR shortly afterwards :rolleyes:
    Lack of homework done there, lesson learned. However it still wasn't a terrible trade but it certainly was a poor one.

Cookies Cowboys haven't been logged on in about ten days so with three starters on a bye, I assume the owner is poring over stats, checking podcasts and is keeping their changes to the last minute, tell em nothing Belicheck style :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

mikemac wrote: »
    The toilet bowl as the two winless teams Mike Magicians and Cookie's Cowboys face off

Both teams look doomed to relegation
    However with jackc94 missing in action and two more teams just two wins or less ahead a miraculous escape is possible for one of these

Mike Magicians after a questionable start and some fully deserved criticism has been battling hard and become the tinkerman of the league with over twenty rosters changes.
    Scored eighth highest score in the division last week which is good for a rookie but the competition and experience is fierce in the dizzy heights of Division Two and no quarter given so alas, it was another pounding defeat

Despite some consistent improvement, Mikes Magicians made a foolish error and traded for a player who went on IR shortly afterwards :rolleyes:
    Lack of homework done there, lesson learned. However it still wasn't a terrible trade but it certainly was a poor one.

Cookies Cowboys haven't been logged on in about ten days so with three starters on a bye, I assume the owner is poring over stats, checking podcasts and is keeping their changes to the last minute, tell em nothing Belicheck style :cool:

Imagine this ended in a draw haha :D

Ended up losing by a point to Corrigeen Crusaders. Would have one if Torrey Smith hadn`t caught that late TD:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

After starting pretty well, slipped to 4-5 now with 3 losses on the bounce.

Jahvid Best looks to be dust for the forseeable future and I've quite a few other injuries. Anyone wanna QB?

Just to let ye know lads, mikemac has left boards. However mikes magicians will still be playing in the league. He messaged me this morning to inform me.

• Advertisement

Very tight at the moment. Corrigeen Crusaders seems to have locked up the playoffs with a 10-0 record but then we have three players on 7-3. Anything could happen !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

On a streak of 2L and up against Corrigeen Crusaders this week. Need to notch up a win to keep my playoff hopes alive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I seem to still be in a playoff position despite losing this week ...

Just 2 weeks of regular season to go I think ....

Third highest scoring team in the league yet ranked 7th. I must have the unluckiest schedule in the league

Will be announcing the playoff teams and the relegation teams tomorrow after MNF. Looks like myself and Corrigeen Crusaders will have a bye and automatically be promoted to Division 1.:D

So promotion is based on regular season standings and not the playoffs? Rats I was hoping otherwise.

So promotion is based on regular season standings and not the playoffs? Rats I was hoping otherwise.

Well yes and no. The top 4 playoff teams are promoted. The top two teams in the regular season receive a bye in the first round. They play the winners of the quatherfinals. The four semi finalists are promoted :)

Have a look at the league page. You can click on the playoff part :)

Ah that makes much more sense. Cheers for clearing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Whats the deal with relegation? I finished bottom of my division but 11th/16 overall. Is it bottom 4 by rank or by division?

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    Whats the deal with relegation? I finished bottom of my division but 11th/16 overall. Is it bottom 4 by rank or by division?

Yeah your safe. Teams 13-16 are relegated.

• Advertisement

Playoff Teams

Quarterfinal 1 : The Arsenal Jets - Dillon Panthers
    2: Shelmalier Rebels - The Y Nots

Winner of 1 plays Corrigeen Crusaders in semi 1
    Winner of 2 plays Golden Stars in semi 2

Winner of semi 1 plays winner of semi 2

Theres also a consolation tournament for teams ranked 7-12. It uses the same format. These teams are safe from relagation.

The four relegated teams are
    UnitedIrishmen - unitedirishmen
    Jackc94 - jack c 94
    Mikes Magicians - mikemac
    Cookies Cowboys - onecoolcookie

Other playoff GM's should be pretty happy I'm on a bye this week ! I had 162 points yesterday !

Monster week! Lucky I won't be seeing you until the final, if I get there. QF all but wrapped up. So it's the number 1 seed for me next week!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thank you Mr Lynch and the entire Seahawks Defence, Division 1 here I come :)

The two wildcard teams pull out the W. Lets hope that continues ;)

Not too likely on my side I'm afraid, Jennings definitely out while I have both Det RB's Smith and Morris and they both appear to be injured !!

Monster match up between myself and the Corrigeen Crusaders. Lance Moore and Drew Brees being the difference for me in a 129-106 win.

The other game is still all up for grabs. Golden Stars done on 79 points with the Y Nots needing Crabtree & Akers to make up 16 points for a #5 v #6 final.

Monster match up between myself and the Corrigeen Crusaders. Lance Moore and Drew Brees being the difference for me in a 129-106 win.

The other game is still all up for grabs. Golden Stars done on 79 points with the Y Nots needing Crabtree & Akers to make up 16 points for a #5 v #6 final.

Just shaded it last night. Won by 4 points I think. Crabtree not grabbing a TD was the winner for me :). Now facing Dillon Panthers in the final !

Just shaded it last night. Won by 4 points I think. Crabtree not grabbing a TD was the winner for me :). Now facing Dillon Panthers in the final !

Well done, ironically enough if the 49ers at settled for field goals those last couple of drives I probably would have won. Crabtree almost had a 1st half TD too, but smith missed him while wide open.

Best of luck in the3 final ...

• Advertisement

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose ;)

Advertisement