Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT ABOUT MAH LEGS, CHARLIE MURPHY??!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

howtomake wrote: »
    Oof, DIY home set ups, yes I feel your pain...

And in my case, each one is more perilous than the last!

Right, back in the actual gym, moar front squatz:
    10x3x95kg
    Nearly failed the 3rd one in the 6th set. They got a bit ugly towards the end too. Not horrific or anything but I'm glad there's only another four sessions left.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

You're doing that wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

supposedly wrote: »
    You're doing that wrong.

Are you sitting beside him?

Are you sitting beside him?
    Yeah. So?

Yeah. So?

Touch his ed.

• Advertisement

Touch his ed.
    I was wondering what that was about.

Forgot, yesterday, snatch 1x20kg, idiotic commuter race too, had EIA at the end and also lost spectacularly due to poor tactics and lungs like bagpipes (only half serious)!

today, habbin': one set of rotation stuff, two of the retraction stuff.

3x5x32kg single leg deadz. Starting to dread the final run through.

Right, final runthrough.

Front squat:
    4x9x85kg
    first set easy, felt ill then, 2nd hard, 3rd and 4th fairly ok, chest caving a bit and generally getting loose. Need more koar too.

Should be finished on thursday.

RDL: 2x5x75kg, not arsed.

righto. front squatz:
    5x7x90
    Bit more controlled towards the end. had some bouncing action on the earlier sets. Need to get less doomy before lifting, can't be helping! Two more sessions to go.

Single leg dead: 3x8x32kg

Incline pressez: 20kg dumbell

Db Kurlz: 16kg, 2x8

had to lift in a 'leisure centre', looked like a spanner grunting and strainin'.
    Front squatz:
    7x5x95kg

By far the worst day. First set was manky and they got worse from there. Nearly missed the 4th in 6th set. Last set was a lottery. Not too happy with manky lookin reps. Last day tomorrow, hopefully it's not as bad. If it's anywhere near as bad it'll take half the day!

even started thinking the bar might have been 25kg. Actually thought today would've been easier than monday.

• Advertisement

Dead Ed wrote: »
    had to lift in a 'leisure centre', looked like a spanner grunting and strainin'.
    Front squatz:
    7x5x95kg

By far the worst day. First set was manky and they got worse from there. Nearly missed the 4th in 6th set. Last set was a lottery. Not too happy with manky lookin reps. Last day tomorrow, hopefully it's not as bad. If it's anywhere near as bad it'll take half the day!

I reckon that bar was more than 20kg. My sets felt manky heavy too and we all know how amazing I am so if I had difficulty, the weight was definitely more than it seemed!

even started thinking the bar might have been 25kg. Actually thought today would've been easier than monday.

I told ya so.

I told ya so.
    You prophetic son of a bitch. Imma drink innis and gunn until I recover from this affront against my mental serenity .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

You prophetic son of a bitch. Imma drink innis and gunn until I recover from this affront against my mental serenity .

Ed gets pissed during smolov. SMRT. Not that I wouldn't do it as well but whatever.

token wrote: »
    Ed gets pissed during smolov. SMRT. Not that I wouldn't do it as well but whatever.

Didn't bother training yesterday as I was hungover and the back wasn't great. Got in today though.

Front squats
    10x3x100kg
    fairly tough, was pretty tired and not really bothered. not as bad as wednesday. had to pay a visit to McD's afterwards! I'm not going to do the intense cycle as I lack sufficient self-loathing. Gonna fart around next week, test the max and then the following week sort out something with a decent amount of assistance. Shoulder is worse now, it hurts to hang from a pullup bar. In effect I appear to have been dehabbing the bastarding thing. gonna halt the supposed rehab until things stop hurting. Pissed off about wasting all this time not snatching. Happy about finishing feckin smolov base though. Not planning on doing it again for a very long time.

Assorted sets, not pretty.

I think you're very pretty.

I think you're very pretty.

*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

*flutters*

Don't look too bad but the Chinese will probably abandon you

• Advertisement

token wrote: »
    Don't look too bad but the Chinese will probably abandon you

I think I know what to work on to even things out a bit. Having said that, I can actually remember failing a single at 62.5kg back in the early cf days and it looked worse than any of those! I'll see if I can find me non-E training log to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

You were right.

Caught AIDS or something after getting drenched on monday evening, Housebound since then. Got some Koar work done yesterday and did some shoulder-fixin' stuff today. Ditched the band for the rotation stuff for the moment but kept it for the retraction and distraction stuff. Did some I-rows on the rings too. Might not get to test max front squat tomorrow either as I managed to hurt my back in a coughing fit last night. I do get to sleep a lot though!

tttbt64 wrote: »
    Hi may name is Ian I’m in my final year of product design and am interested in designing a piece of gym equipment for my final year thesis

I've an idea for that too right, you take a rod of solid steel approximately seven feet long and 28mm diameter. Next, you get a pair of rotating sleeves, each of diameter 50mm and length 450mm with about 50mm at the end being about 100mm diameter. Place these sleeves on either end of the aforementioned bar, allow them to rotate by means of bearings and secure with circlips at either end. This ingenious device may then have weight in the form of discs of diameter of up to 450mm added to either end. Such a device may be used in many ways with near infinite weight increments up to about 400kg. It may be possible in the future to base several sports around the use of this ingenious device.

You're welcome!

Here's a drawing I made earlier:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4EvkdeXWYeal1ZaPR9Vl-3kgHtCjAKMKTgToPBEckVt9zQJRCYg

Good effort Ed but I don't think it's going to catch on. No one would be stupid enough to do anything with that sort of device; they could injure themselves!

Good effort Ed but I don't think it's going to catch on. No one would be stupid enough to do anything with that sort of device; they could injure themselves!

You're probably right

Sorry Ian

P.s. I did the survey for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

You were right.

Haha, no that post above had nothing to do with your squats or such. I'm not one for finishing my train of thought when communicating. Just something you had said to me, ya probably don't even remember saying it to me.

Haha, no that post above had nothing to do with your squats or such. I'm not one for finishing my train of thought when communicating. Just something you had said to me, ya probably don't even remember saying it to me.

Haha, I was confused alright, herself filled me in on it anyway.

• Advertisement

Today: still have aids, did some inverted rows on the rings, some pullups, light KB presses (7.5kg light) and scap pushups.

gonna move FS test to saturday, will probably test back squat and some other stuff just fo the hell of it.

Advertisement