Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noticeboard - All casting calls, auditions, crew requests and general notices go here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MaxiJaz

Hi there.

I've written a pilot for an independent sitcom which I plan to direct. It's a comedy that's somewhat similar (in style and in writing) to an american sitcom called "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". If anyone is interested in the post of cinematographer for this job please drop me a line. Also a link to some footage you yourself have shot (relatively recently) would be desirable.

Thanks

P.S I will pay the cinematographer. It is however likely to be on a minimum wage an hour basis due to the tight budget involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭The_Illuminator

Casey Hughes

Height: 5’6 – 5’10 approx.

Build: Average

Character Brief: Casey is a fragile young woman, who in ‘The Lamb’ is struggling with an overly possessive relationship. She displays attention-seeking behaviour and relies on the attentiveness of others to validate her actions. She is very concerned with her appearance, although she is far more beautiful than she gives herself credit for. The role necessitates a confident and experienced actress, who will be required to interact with the camera in ‘home movie’ style scenes. The role will be paid, although the budget for the film is minimal. ‘The Lamb’ is based in Galway, and is scheduled to shoot over 2 days and one evening 24-26 May, although these dates are flexible.

Please Contact thelambfilm@gmail.com with a CV, showreel and any relevant information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lixnawman

Hi,

I'd be interested in working with you. Here is a link to my vimeo page where you can see numerous excerpts of my work.

www.vimeo.com/tommyfitzgerald

Best regards,
    Tommy Fitzgerald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TrashCanFilms

Trash Can Productions are holding their first round of auditions for What Waits Within, a psychological thriller, on Sunday May 15th (12noon - 6pm) and Monday May 16th (3pm - 8pm) in Aras na Mac Leinn, NUI Galway. What Waits Within will be filmed in late June and early July in Galway.

Number of Roles:
    Male - 4 in mid-30s, 2 in mid-40s, 3 in mid-50s
    Female - 2 in mid-30s, 1 in 40s

If interested, email your details to Samantha Higgins at trashcanproductions2@gmail.com and we'll get back to you real quick!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Okay, I've merged all the casting calls and crew recruitment threads since the start of the year into this thread. From now on (unless you have permission from a mod) this is the only place to post cast and crew requests. The forum is completely littered with these threads and most of them are by one post wonders who never return. In future, these threads will be treated as spam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭madmandaniel

Hey guys im Dan, a 19 year old hip hop artist from california living in Dublin...

What I have in mind is quite simple, just a "street" video around Dublin, something like this would be sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnAbszcy3bs

I dont have any specific date in mind, anytime mid-june would be cool for me! I havent actually decided what song im gonna make a video for yet.. It will be probably be a feelgood summer type song we can film on a sunny day around town and stephens green park and stuff..

Dont need any equipment like lighting or a crew or stuff, just anybody with a Canon or whatever, and good editing..

In terms of budget, what would you guys charge?

Im just a poor student lol but im sure we can sort something out if its reasonable

And of course, if we make a good team ill use you for every future video I make too..

Thanks guys, heres my soundcloud btw if you wanna check out my stuff - www.soundcloud.com/dlyrious

Peace!

You can hit me back here, or on my facebook www.facebook.com/danieldennehy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mpgextras

Hi all,

We're looking for extras for an exciting new teenage drama series called "My Phone Genie" beginning filming in Studio Solas in Baile na hAbhann, Co. Galway in mid-July and finishing in December.

If anyone has an interest in applying please contact mpgextras@gmail.com for more information.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cathalcheunt

Auditions are taking place in Dublin, Pearce Street, this Wednesday 6th July between 12 and 5:30 for a comedy horror film to be shot end of August/Septmember. We are looking for actors and actresses between 16 and 21. Actors have to be at least 16. No previous experience necessary.

If you are interested please contact: conor.mcmahon@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

CASTING CALL:
    I’m looking for an actor to play a main part along with myself for an MA project I’m doing in London. I’m filming it in Cork between the 15th-23rd/24th of August. Unfortunately as with most small projects it is unpaid but you will get a copy of the movie within a few weeks - it’s going to look pretty professional as it has to meet certain standards for the University. After its marked and everything I’ll be looking to enter it into next year’s Cork Film Festival so I’m looking to get some exposure of the film, hopefully I’ll try and get this thing on IMDB as well.

The character is a guy called Rochey and he’s aged between 19-27 but him and his friend still drink everyday by the 99 steps (in Blackpool). He’s a character, along with his friend, that thinks he’s really cool but in fact they are the opposite, they’re also not the brightest sparks. They wear tracksuits and caps but no rings or piercings (as they’re not that mad heh heh). These guys are caricatures of the Cork Sham so it’s a pretty slapstick script. Think a kind of a sham/scobe/etc. I’m looking for someone who has a thick cork accent or someone who can do a convincing thick Cork accent. This character is pretty much in every scene so whoever gets the part will need to be able to commit to the shooting dates as I’m only in Ireland for these dates and can only use the equipment, etc. on these dates.

AUDITION DATES:
    Tuesday 19th of July 5 – 8
    Wednesday 20th of July 5 – 8
    The venue is TBC it’ll either be in South Parish or Firkin Crane. I will be allocating 15 minute slots for each person who is looking to audition. If you could email me your interest and I’ll allocate your time slots with the venue to follow. You can email me at ali.keane1@gmail.com
    Please remember that whoever gets the part needs to be available for the dates specified for filming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Zombie Lenin

Our company is producing two low-budget TV shows for an Irish station and we're looking for crew from all disciplines. The positions are not paid, but the show will definitely be produced and broadcast so the job will provide excellent experience and something for your reel.

The primary positions we are looking for are;
    Camera Operator - We are looking for someone who can frame a shot. We will be using Canon DSLRs and Canon AVCHD cameras. Training will be provided if you don't know your way around camera operation but show flair for framing and shot selection.

Camera Loader/Grip - We are looking for someone to mark shots with a slate and keep shot logs and notes. The loader will be in charge of unloading footage from memory cards to a hard drive among other responsibilities.

Production Manager/Assistant Director - We are looking for someone who is efficient, level-headed, pragmatic and who can multi-task and manage people and locations.

Production Assistant - We are also looking for a production assistant who can fill in various roles, from getting coffee to recording sound. This role is perfect for anyone looking for experience in multiple elements of TV/Film production.

If you are interested in any of these roles, please contact us at nmsfilms@gmail.com with a C.V. and a link to your reel or portfolio. Competence, enthusiasm and reliability is more important to us than experience.
    Again, all roles are unpaid, but our company intends to develop significantly in the next year which will almost certainly lead to paid work for those who work well within the team. When we get paid you get paid.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The positions are not paid, but the show will definitely be produced and broadcast so the job will provide excellent experience and something for your reel.

Can I ask what channel is broadcasting the show if you don't mind?

Hi Jeff

We've been guaranteed a slot on Dublin Community TV (http://www.dctv.ie/) but we're going to show the pilots to RTE and Tv3 to see if someone bites.

It'll either be a bit of craic and something for the reel, or a good foot in the door and a paid gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Making coffee AND recording sound? :confused:
    If I may, I think you may be grossly undervaluing the importance of sound recording for your project. It's a bit of an insult to expect your sound recordist to make the coffee.

Thanks, but I've got a Sennheiser ME66 and a zoom H2. It's literally a case of pressing the record button twice, pointing the mic at whoever's talking, and pressing the same button to stop recording.

Tried and tested.

Hi Jeff

We've been guaranteed a slot on Dublin Community TV (http://www.dctv.ie/) but we're going to show the pilots to RTE and Tv3 to see if someone bites.

It'll either be a bit of craic and something for the reel, or a good foot in the door and a paid gig.

Oh I have no interest in it myself, I was just wondering what channel was giving you such a low budget that you couldn't afford to pay anyone.
    Thanks, but I've got a Sennheiser ME66 and a zoom H2. It's literally a case of pressing the record button twice, pointing the mic at whoever's talking, and pressing the same button to stop recording.

Tried and tested.

Honestly if you think that's all a sound recordist and boom op do then you've got a lot to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 antrophe

Tried and tested.

Hi guys, I might be up for helping on this. I can definitely frame a shot and am looking for some video experience. Can you tell me something about the nature of the show you are making?

Tried and tested.

Yes a sound recordist is pretty the same as a trained monkey. Sound is one if the most important aspects of any production and can make or break it. The unprofessionalism of your attitude would make me believe that you've never been on a professional shoot or that you are one of those people who thinks we can fix it in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Tried and tested.

Have you ever been on a film set before?

That's a ridiculous attitude. Sound is equally important to picture, there's no way around it. Says a lot that you also don't mind getting a camera op who's never used the equipment before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭rebeldiamond

Director of Photography Wanted

Super Evil Dinosaur Productions are seeking a talented Director Of Photography to work with on our next short film.

The following should be taken into consideration by all applicants:

1. The candidate should be an accomplished camera-person, good with lighting and movement. We're looking for a D.O.P. with style, he/she should be confident with body language, physical comedy and have experience composing moving shots. This should ideally be reflected in the show-reel.

2. We aim to shoot on high-def digital format over a period of at least 2 days within the next 4 weeks. Applicants with access to equipment are preferred.

3. This is a micro-budget short, so unfortunately we are unable to pay any crew or expenses beyond what is reasonable. However anyone who takes part will obviously be credited and receive a copy to add to their show-reel. We'll be working with a small crew but this is a very manageable shoot, just one suburban location. There will be pints with evil dinosaurs once we wrap!

4. This film is being made for entry into domestic film festivals and competition with a view to marketing our short abroad. We are aiming high with this project and you should too!

About the film: Factor 50 is a dark comedy narrating a middle-aged couples' domestic disputes against the backdrop of nuclear Armageddon.

Middle-aged housewife Pamela is a committed sun-worshipper. When the sun is shining down and the cocktails are mixed there's little time for anything else, bar a cigarette. Long-suffering husband Phil does his best to stay out of the way. However, with the threat of nuclear Armageddon looming on the horizon, even domestic disharmony can suddenly seem like bliss.

The above is just to give you a little taste of the film! If you are looking for any further information then you can contact us as follows:
    Please e-mail CV and show-reel links to;

Email- super.evil.dinosaur.productions@gmail.com

Facebook Page- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Super-Evil-Dinosaur-Productions/193543587376813?sk=info

Actors & Actresses Wanted

Super Evil Dinosaur Productions are currently seeking both a male and female lead for the short film Factor 50.

Factor 50 is a dark comedy narrating a middle-aged couples' domestic disputes against the backdrop of nuclear Armageddon.

We urgently need the following;

Man 35- 50 years old
    Woman 35- 50 years old.

Requirements

Male Lead- A suitable actor should ideally be expressive, comfortable delivering dialogue on camera and possess good comic timing.

Female Lead- A suitable actress should ideally be confident, comfortable in her skin and able to bring physicality to the role.

For More Information on the movie & the upcoming auditions, please email your CV, headshots & showreel links & details to super.evil.dinosaur.productions@gmail.com

Also you can find us on facebook (search- Super Evil Dinosaur Productions)

Please note- This is a micro-budget short, so unfortunately we are unable to pay any cast or expenses beyond what is reasonable. However anyone who takes part will obviously be credited and receive a copy to add to their show-reel.
    This film is being made for entry into domestic film festivals and competition with a view to marketing our short abroad. We are aiming high with this project and you should too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shell.holden

[FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]VOLUNTEER EXTRAS NEEDED FOR NEW FILM FROM THE [/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]MAKERS OF [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]ADAM AND PAUL’ AND ‘GARAGE’[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]Age 18 - 22[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]September - October 2011[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]Deadline: Wednesday September 7[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]th[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] 2011[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]"Candid and beautiful WHAT RICHARD DID traces the fateful story of a gifted and gilded Dublin teenager whose future is compromised after a senseless act of violence."[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]WHAT RICHARD DID is a low-budget feature film to be directed by Lenny Abrahamson ([/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]Adam and Paul, Prosperity, Garage[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]) this September and October. Shooting takes place for 5 weeks in Dublin 4, Dublin City Centre, Brittas Bay and County Wicklow. [/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]The film will be produced by Element Pictures ([/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]The Guard[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] and [/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]The Wind that Shakes the Barley[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]).[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]The story follows a group of friends over the course of the summer following their Leaving Cert exams, in particular "Richard", a popular, school [/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]sports[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] star with great prospects until one night his life is changed forever.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]The ensemble main cast, aged between 17 and 20, have been workshopping the script since last November with Lenny and writer, Malcolm Campbell.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]We are seeking enthusiastic volunteer film Extras with availability during September and early October 2011 for a number of party and large group scenes in the film. These roles are unpaid.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]Apart[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] from[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] making[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] [/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]a[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] valuable [/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]contribution[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] [/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]to this low-budget film[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif], volunteering as an Extra is a great way to meet new people, see the inner workings of the film industry and [/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]be part of[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] the film's success.

As a low-budget feature film, we appreciate the support and dedication of all of our volunteer film Extras. Volunteer briefings and social gatherings will be arranged pre and during the production, giving Extras an opportunity to meet members of the WHAT RICHARD DID cast and crew and a chance to chat to fellow 18 – 22 year old Extras before shooting begins.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]Catering will be provided during filming and transport will be provided from Dublin to scheduled shoots in County Wicklow.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]All Extras will receive a thank you gift and will be invited to an exclusive screening of WHAT RICHARD DID, allowing you to see the feature film before the general public. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]If you are between 18 and 22 years old and are interested please send a recent photo with your contact details to Shell on whatricharddidextras@gmail.com by Wednesday 7th September 2011. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]How to apply:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]Enquiries should be referred to:[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] Shell Holden[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]Email: [/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]whatricharddidextras@gmail.com[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif]Facebook group:[/FONT][FONT=Cambria, Times New Roman, serif] 'What Richard Did Extras' http://on.fb.me/oAoDrI[/FONT]

Actors & Actresses Wanted

Super Evil Dinosaur Productions are currently seeking both a male and female lead for the short film Factor 50.

Factor 50 is a dark comedy narrating a middle-aged couples' domestic disputes against the backdrop of nuclear Armageddon.

We urgently need the following;

Man 35- 50 years old
    Woman 35- 50 years old.

Requirements

Male Lead- A suitable actor should ideally be expressive, comfortable delivering dialogue on camera and possess good comic timing.

Female Lead- A suitable actress should ideally be confident, comfortable in her skin and able to bring physicality to the role.

For More Information on the movie & the upcoming auditions, please email your CV, headshots & showreel links & details to super.evil.dinosaur.productions@gmail.com

Also you can find us on facebook (search- Super Evil Dinosaur Productions)

Please note- This is a micro-budget short, so unfortunately we are unable to pay any cast or expenses beyond what is reasonable. However anyone who takes part will obviously be credited and receive a copy to add to their show-reel.
    This film is being made for entry into domestic film festivals and competition with a view to marketing our short abroad. We are aiming high with this project and you should too!

Hey guys! The auditions are being held this Friday! So get your applications in now! Email super.evil.dinosaur.productions@gmail.com as per above advert to book an audition! Thanks guys!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Hi I just shot a short film on a Sony HVR-V1E. I'm looking for a editer. Please PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Xenoshane

Hows it going people,

First off i'm aware i've posted this twice in two different parts of the forum, it is equally relevant to both, I hope you all don't mind!

There is more information about the event below the poster, we hope to see some of you there !

310356_10150433560697316_758702315_10393005_914570706_n.jpg

Four Cork production companies are now casting for feature films,
    commercial work and shorts.

The vibrant Cork film community currently has opportunities for a
    variety of acting roles; from extras to leading parts.

Theatrical or film experience will be a help, but it is by no means
    essential and applicants with little or no acting experience are
    encouraged to join us.

We are seeking a diverse range of both male and female actors of all
    ages, for a variety of acting roles; from extras to leading parts.

Those looking to audition on the day are advised to come prepared with
    their own monologue, head-shots and a CV.

The event will be held at the Metropole Hotel (MacCurtain Street,Cork)
    on Sunday the 23rd of October, in the Swift Room between 12 noon and 6
    pm.

If you have any further questions please email us at
    castingcork@gmail.com, or find us on facebook at "castingcork".

All applicants welcome.

No Messages - my new short film is looking for extras.

It's a tough gig - what we're looking for are people 18+ who want to sit in a pub, be given free food and generally have a great day being part of a comedy that's going to be seen all over the world!.

Shooting in Dublin city centre from Mon 24th - Wednesday 26th October.

We'll feed you and provide refreshments throughout the day. And if you so wish you can purchase a pint to keep you going!

If you're interested email NoMessagesFilm@gmail.com for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 stilllearning

We are starting a new business in the worst recession but we believe we can make it work. We are interested in the concept of our journey been filmed along the way, as we hit highs and lows it could make for some great footage.

Obviously the idea would be to sell the whole process as a documentary afterwards.
    50/50 share.

If this interests anyone we would love to hear from you. PM me for further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Casting for 'Hysteria' - RTÉ Storyland

The following 3 PAID roles are available:

Filming on the 10th and 11th of December. Due to the nature of the competition the actors must be available for possible further episodes between March and J...une 2012. Actors must also be available for auditions on the 12th November in Dublin City Centre.

Melanie
    Role: 6 months pregnant. As innocent (looking and in personality) as they come, and completely lacking any kind of streetwise instinct.

Kate
    Role: Quiet. Keeps to herself, but with a serious facet. Would have a "Tomboy" vibe about her.

Janet
    Role: Kate's mother. Battle hardened and on the edge. This is a woman you don't mess with.

Please submit your headshot, short bio blurb, and online showreel (if available) to: rte.hysteria@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moonzeke

"Oh Brother" a short comedy based on a big mouthed eejit who tries too hard, and the poor girl who falls for his 'charms'!

We are producing a student film in and around D.I.T Aungier St. next Friday 25th November.

We are looking for two Irish actors to star in the film:

Male aged 18-24
    Female aged 18 -24

We will be holding auditions in Aungier Street next Tuesday 22nd(TBC) and shooting will be on Friday 25th so actors must be available for shooting from 8.30am -6pm.

Unfortunately these roles are unpaid but you will be well taken care of......all the water/tea/coffee/diet coke and sambos we can afford to give you :) and a copy of the short for your showreel.

If you are interested please email with your CV and headshot, (if you have one) and we will get back to you asap about audition times.

Thanks a mill!

E: moonzeke@yahoo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Loriharton

Hi there,

We're looking for teenage extras for our feature film "Stitches". Stitches is an Irish Film Borad funded comedy horror about a killer clown who comes back from the dead to seek revenge on the teenagers who accidently killed him when they were kids! We need extras for some of our party scenes from Tuesday 29th November on. Please contact me if you are 16-20 yrs old and you're interested in getting experience on a film set-many of our extras has also been featured!

Unfortunately we can't pay you but we dinner will be provided and food will be available all day. Please contact Lorraine at lorraine@tailoredfilms.ie or on 085-1487722 if you're interested. We're filming in Enniskerry, Wicklow.

Thanks a million,

Lorraine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

You just got to admire the Film Board for their stunning originality :D

Advertisement