Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HRTA Swat round up comp

Options
  • 06-10-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

this years swat round up comp will hopefully be held on the 31st oct (yes thats halloween.)

more details will follow over the next week or so.

but this is the ways it works. this is a target shooting comp so there will be noone returning fire at you. your scores are made up from your targeting skills and time to complete events. teams will be made up of 4/5 persons (has yet to be finalised)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

nice one! if you need a hand running it feel free to ask, if not ill be happy to win it again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Sperminator

thermo wrote: »
    nice one! if you need a hand running it feel free to ask, if not ill be happy to win it again. :)

will talk to you about it at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

will talk to you about it at the weekend

Like wise, happy to help out in anyway I can, or even take part!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭flashinbluelite

Sounds class..... In for the win!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

count me in for this .

David

• Advertisement

the teams will be made up off 4 members only.

part one will be the target range which will consist of pistol, rifle (non scope) and sniper.

there will be 2 targets per section at different ranges e.g pistol 7-10 meters. rifles 15 - 25 meters and sniper 30 - 40 meters

each team member must use all three weapons. (my sniper rifles will be availible for those that don't have ones) scores will then be added together to get your team total.

part two and three are still been currently designed

the minimun age limit for that day will be discussed at our next meeting so hopefully some younger kids can have fun and join in.

if anyone has any ideas as to what they may like to see in the comp please feel free to PM me.

Just to lets you know that on the day of the swat round up competition I would like anyone who may for some old or broken mobile phones to bring them along, as I am collecting them for a special young child with autism who’s school needs them so they can be exchanged for a special adapted computer to help him learn.
    We need to collect 200 so any help would be gratefully appreciated. there no real time limit on this, even it you have some and are not going to be there that day i will still be collecting.

Thanks,

Spermy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Just to lets you know that on the day of the swat round up competition I would like anyone who may for some old or broken mobile phones to bring them along, as I am collecting them for a special young child with autism who’s school needs them so they can be exchanged for a special adapted computer to help him learn.
    We need to collect 200 so any help would be gratefully appreciated. there no real time limit on this, even it you have some and are not going to be there that day i will still be collecting.

Thanks,

Spermy

Hi Sperminator

Won't get to HRTA, but I have about 12-15 old mobile phones at home and I live in Ayrfield, not too far from Kilbarrack. So if you want to meet up some evening, I could give them to you to get you started.

Let me know.

Hi Sperminator

Won't get to HRTA, but I have about 12-15 old mobile phones at home and I live in Ayrfield, not too far from Kilbarrack. So if you want to meet up some evening, I could give them to you to get you started.

Let me know.

will drop you a PM as so as i'm free, so we can make arrangement then. a big thank you from the little fellas family:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭FlankWiz94

Thanks,

Spermy

Have 2-3 that I can bring up. Will be up at end of the month sometime(probably not on the 31st though) I'll just drop them in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

defo sounds awesome beats taking my little bro out trick or treating so you can count me in

ok just so everybody knows the minimum age limit on this comp is 9 years old, as no one will be shooting back at anybody, but they most be accompanied by an adult (who is taking part in the comp) on the field (18 years or older).
    i have decided not to post any more on the rounds as i want to keep some surprises for the day. but will let you know the general rounds.

round 1 .... Targeting
    round 2 .... Walking lane (time limit)
    round 3 .... Mission 1 (time limit)
    round 4 .... mission 2 (time limit)

there will be another round but it is optional and will be scored separately to the rest of the comp.

as for the targets (keeping in time with of the year) there are zombies and werewolves (aswell as normal targets (non Human)) roaming the area. so swat most go in and clean up the place and rescue some folk caught behide the monster zone.

so more updates to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

ok just so everybody knows the minimum age limit on this comp is 9 years old

Serious???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Stone.cold wrote: »
    Serious???

Dont forget to read this part ;)
    as no one will be shooting back at anybody, but they most be accompanied by an adult (who is taking part in the comp) on the field (18 years or older).

So no one misunderstands it :)

andy_g wrote: »
    Dont forget to read this part ;)

yeah read that bit so where do the 9 yr olds come in???

never know they might be good at shooting from all the video games :) And give the regs and other softers a run for their money :)

never know they might be good at shooting from all the video games :) And give the regs and other softers a run for their money :)

good point :) only reason i asked is our insurance company wont touch anyone under 16 lol

Ah maybe the Op can answer the question :) but i think Hrat have a child protection policy. Still trying to get down to ya Trev hope all is well down there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

good point :) only reason i asked is our insurance company wont touch anyone under 16 lol

I would assume that it's been okay'd through the insurance company on the strict condition that no one is firing back, or something similar. Just guessing, but I'd say that it would have to be a massive factor in it.

Sounds interesting - but as always, until I'm mobile under own power (seriously...stop buying guns and buy a car), I can't say for definite:(

but i think Hrat have a child protection policy.
    anytime pal, be interested in finding out more, we have a child protection officer so i'd be glad of a heads up on some names of alternative companies
    :)

• Advertisement

Inari wrote: »
    I would assume that it's been okay'd through the insurance company on the strict condition that no one is firing back, or something similar.

i wasnt questioning the conditions of their policy, i just wanted a heads up in the right direction for siad policy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

i wasnt questioning the conditions of their policy, i just wanted a heads up in the right direction for siad policy

Didn't mean to insinuate that you were questioning their policy. I hope I haven't rubbed you the wrong way on this one; I was just hypothesizing on-thread that it was probably made possible by an assessment of the event, or something on that vein.

Anyway, as I said - really like the concept, so I hope I make it out for it :)

hi Stone.cold long time no hear. hope things are well with you down there. the reason for the low age limit is because one will be firing back and they must have an adult with them aswell as the usual safety gear (face mask, glove, boots) at each section of the day there will be at least one marshall with them as they run through the course. i am currenty designing a non ricoche target system and as no one can enter into building the chances with the new system will hopefully not allow for ricoche. i do believe this has already been done in donegal with must success. and in the event of an emergentcy we have first aiders on stand by. hope it cleans this up some. if not feel free to contact paul. and i hope you can get something sorted in your area soon. after all i have 3 children under the normal age and i would not let them enter if i though there be any danger (althought they most like kick our asses)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

You Just need to get a target range policy, for UK International Airsoft Practical Shooting, this can be got from the UK, if your registered with them, it's some thing along the line's of HFT Hunter field target shooting, and as such has an age limt from 9 years of age up.

Paul.

ok
    i need to start to get an idea as to how many will be attending this. so just place your name below and how many are coming with you.
    thanks

Starting times for the day. be on site from 10:00 -10:30 am, comp starts at 11:00 am.

Starting times for the day. be on site from 10:00 -10:30 am, comp starts at 11:00 am.
    the teams will be made up off 4 members only.
    part one will be the target range which will consist of pistol, rifle (non scope) and sniper.there will be 2 targets per section at different ranges e.g pistol 7-10 meters. rifles 15 - 25 meters and sniper 30 - 40 meters
    each team member must use all three weapons. (my sniper rifles will be availible for those that don't have ones) scores will then be added together to get your team total.
    part two and three are still been currently designed
    ok just so everybody knows the minimum age limit on this comp is 9 years old.
    round 1 .... Targeting
    round 2 .... Walking lane (time limit)
    round 3 .... Mission 1 (time limit)
    round 4 .... mission 2 (time limit)

there will be another round but it is optional and will be scored separately to the rest of the comp.

as for the targets (keeping in time with of the year) there are zombies and werewolves (aswell as normal targets (non Human)) roaming the area. so swat most go in and clean up the place and rescue some folk caught behide the monster zone.
    Roll on Monday !

don't forget tomorrow morning. 10:00 am team sign in and safety brief, comp starts at 11:00

good luck all

What a great day, tanks Andy !!
    David

good day, thanks to all in attendance. the best part was a nine year old kicked our asses and won the comp. i really have to stop training that young:D:D
    congrats to fionn on his first airsoft game and win.

also a big thanks you paul, ozcam and dogwatch for the helping hand and before i forget thanks to callum for his help

• Advertisement

just to let you all know, that we have collected 170 old mobile phones to help young Evan. but unfortunatly we are still short of the target of 200. so i am asking with all my hopes, that if you have any old mobiles lying around the home, could you please donate them to help young Evan and his family. even if we go over the target the surplus will go on to help other children with autisim.

Evans, mother and father wants me to thank all those that have donated there old phones.

mobiles phones can be left at the HRTA office.

thank you all,

Spermy.

Advertisement