Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oddy's Heroes - The Movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Can I have the three minutes and 42 seconds of my life back now?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

Ha Lefty - is that the best you could come back with - let go the bitterness my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

homer-eating-popcorn-small-c78.jpg

Continue.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

alright this ends now, failure to stop this B/S will result in bans or infractions.

<edit: thread cleaned of the nonsense that went on>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

How about we all stop and take a moment to reflect on how childish we're being before this gets further out of hand?

Lefty expressed his opinion on the video. He is entitled to his opinion like the rest of us and it should be left at that. You wouldn't make a fuss if he was singing praises, would you? No.

Now can we drop this please? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

but, but it is airsoft and irish!! that means it has to have are unconditional support dame it!

how dare people have their own opinions as to what they like or do not like

For those of you who are not Lefty and Ronan Keane - this vid was done for a laugh -nothing more -please don't read to much into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Hmmmm well moving on.........

Have to say I thought the video was a good laugh!:D
    Watch it for what it is......a laugh.

Fair play to the Leatherneck lads. Barnsey is just a funny fecker:)

Looking forward to the next video.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭KeithAFarrell

I guess it takes someone to have a personality to enjoy the purpose of why these video are made. Great banter, good video Oddy! I like the effects dude, might I ask what software you used for the effects? :)

• Advertisement

All the effects are done on ADOBE After Effects and Final Cut X on my macBook Pro.
    Each gun shot takes ages cause you have to add smoke, light flash etc. takes a huge amount of time -

Fair play to the Leatherneck lads. Barnsey is just a funny fecker

He really is - I had such a laugh making the vid - I am making a behind the scenes vid - with the out-takes - will be up in a day or two ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Great stuff mate. I look forward to it.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Nice vid Oddys :)

@ all, you're lucky thermo got this first - personal insults are one thing I won't let slip. Please think before you post in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

well Oddy, I been followin these vids and do get great craic outta them:D And whats that saying

"if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all":p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Ronan Keane

First off I have not even posted on this thread??
    Secondly nice video I enjoyed it

First off I have not even posted on this thread??
    Secondly nice video I enjoyed it

Usually when you thumb up a post it means you like it/agree with it. My Bad! Noticed it's now been removed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Usually when you thumb up a post it means you like it/agree with it. My Bad! Noticed it's now been removed!

Yea I Thought He Was Joking Then Removed When He Was Serious :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Hilerious video Oddy,
    Keep em comin' and well done leathernecks!
    Story of my life :D
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭KeithAFarrell

All the effects are done on ADOBE After Effects and Final Cut X on my macBook Pro.
    Each gun shot takes ages cause you have to add smoke, light flash etc. takes a huge amount of time -
    Ye man, I have used the After effects package before and I know how much time and work goes into a video like this. I'm actually in the middle of making a promo video for the guys I go Airsofting with. Keep em coming :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

this vid makes a change to other air soft vids and looks like a pain in the bollox to make but for a 3rd attempt or so it looks fine for what it is a laff for all to laff at as in its not serious so dont take it like that :)
    well done Oddy could of been a little more but sure there will be a next time i guess

oh who said barnsey's funny!! he's not..he's misunderstood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Ok, the firearm effects were great... you had a really decent muzzle flash, though sometimes your actors over emphasised the recoil :P but hey, minor complaint. That was actually in all on par with some films I've seen, effects wise.
    What I felt let it down a little was the 'artillery' which seemed a little.... how shall I put it? erm... Duke Nukem, no, not the new one, the old 16bit platformer :P Guess you have limitations of what you're working with, but out of all of the video, thats the only part i can really niggle at. As for the difficulty of lining up effects, and placements, I must admit I share your pain. I do it within videogames, and its a nightmare positioning things by frame with any accuracy, so I commend the excelent level of work in this.

Ya coulda used a more iconic theme tune though :P the one you used sounded like a drill sergeant having a hernia.

Lol it was indeed a drill sergeant having a hernia! I thought it was fitting to the USMC leatherneck feel! Something I have stated from the start - I have only started to dabble with AE and effects! All self taught from on line tutorials! I never professed to be Stephen Speilberg but was just having some fun!

As for the recoil - lol - I used the best of the footage -you should have seen what ended on the scrap heap! Barnsey's recoil was pure legendary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Shidosha

Pretty good video, I think it's the kind of thing you'll just get better at as you get more experience.

I assume you've seen the videos by Freddie Wong? He's got a load of vids of action scenes that he shot with airsoft guns and then applied SFX to. Check him out on YouTube. He did a lot of stuff just for the hell of it and so far as I know that got him work in movies (which apparently then sucked compared to his home-made stuff, but that's another story...).

He's got "Making of" videos too, and some oddball scripts and effects. Check them out, they're lots of fun and you might find some inspiration or techniques!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Lol it was indeed a drill sergeant having a hernia! I thought it was fitting to the USMC leatherneck feel! Something I have stated from the start - I have only started to dabble with AE and effects! All self taught from on line tutorials! I never professed to be Stephen Speilberg but was just having some fun!

As for the recoil - lol - I used the best of the footage -you should have seen what ended on the scrap heap! Barnsey's recoil was pure legendary!
    I'm self taught too, and your work is good... I don't think people understand just how difficult some of this, and similar in video games can be untill they attempt it, and get utterly confused.

Nice work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 insomniac32

Firekitten wrote: »
    the 'artillery' which seemed a little.... how shall I put it? erm... Duke Nukem

Lol. Exactly what I thought. I loved that game though. Those responsible for the latest incarnation of it should be shot.....but thats another rant!

As for the video, Im looking forward to seeing more! I thought the transition from airsoft to imaginary-real-life, back to airsoft again, was really cool! Made me laugh. Keep it coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Bemused

Nice one Oddy and the lads - love when it transitions back to Airsoft at the end. It both sends-up and captures the fun of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

well if someone was waiting for a Hollywood movie has to go some place else, but in general great fun and fair play to you Oddy.

Advertisement