Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

T-Rex was larger than thought!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I wouldn't say this to her face, but she is a fat old cow. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Allosaur

And just like that the king is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

First Spinosaurus becomes a shortarse and now Tyrannosaurus gets 50% extra free.
    The T-rex fanboys must be delighted...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    First Spinosaurus becomes a shortarse and now Tyrannosaurus gets 50% extra free.
    The T-rex fanboys must be delighted...

Don´t forget though that Spinosaurus also got stockier and a more powerful bite than previously thought :D

It'd be interesting to see the same techniques used on T. rex applied to the other giant theropods - see how massive they got.

• Advertisement

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Don´t forget though that Spinosaurus also got stockier and a more powerful bite than previously thought :D
    And was mostly quadropedal....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Allosaur wrote: »
    And was mostly quadropedal....

I seriously doubt that. Those huge claws were obviously important weapons- had it been quadrupedal, keeping them sharp would have been nearly impossible.

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that. Those huge claws were obviously important weapons- had it been quadrupedal, keeping them sharp would have been nearly impossible.
    I'm thinking more bear claw than cat. And considering that bears fish too, it isn't that big a stretch to imagine the same scenario for spino only on a sliiiightly larger scale:D

Allosaur wrote: »
    I'm thinking more bear claw than cat. And considering that bears fish too, it isn't that big a stretch to imagine the same scenario for spino only on a sliiiightly larger scale:D

Dunno, a bear's claws look blunter than those a spinosaur... then again I have no idea if the outer sheath has been preserved on spinosaur claws...

Not that Spoino's arms have been found at all....

Meh, I'm too lazy to move posts to the Spinosaurus thread..

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Not that Spoino's arms have been found at all....

Meh, I'm too lazy to move posts to the Spinosaurus thread..

They haven´t but we have Baryonyx and Suchomimus...

And I think there's more than one Spinosaurus thread anyways :D

Advertisement