Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In the Airsofter's Mind Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Quality video lads.
    Keep them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Quality video lads.
    Keep them coming.

Agreed, absolute quality, looking forward to the short movie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Very well made videos lads! Hadn't seen the youtube vids in a while and have looked up a couple of your recent reviews.

Also, have you or might you be reviewing this? http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=961

Can't seem to find much recent news on the gearbox used so I'm keen to know a little more about it.

Keep up the good work lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

CpcRc wrote:
    Also, have you or might you be reviewing this? http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=961

That's a bit freaky, we have one of these out this weekend.

Having had a look at the gearbox it's a proprietary split design not dissimilar in theory to the Systema/Celsius design. I don't know if it uses standard internal parts and I'm not taking it apart to find out but I doubt it does. The design results in some quirks but it's all about the performance at the end of the day, let's see how they go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

Decoy wrote: »
    That's a bit freaky, we have one of these out this weekend.

Having had a look at the gearbox it's a proprietary split design not dissimilar in theory to the Systema/Celsius design. I don't know if it uses standard internal parts and I'm not taking it apart to find out but I doubt it does. The design results in some quirks but it's all about the performance at the end of the day, let's see how they go.

From the 3/4+ year old stuff I saw online about the brand of gearbox that is supposed to be used (prowin), their gearboxes had quite a few proprietary parts which some people weren't too keen on as you couldn't use some parts or would have to modify things to get them to fit. I'd like to see how it fairs.

By quirks, I guess you mean the safety feature that it must be put to safe before semi if switching from full auto mode on the selector? I had a brief read through the description on MIA's page

I'll keep an eye out for the next vid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

bit mis leading calling it a ptw as it only has the functionality of a normal aeg and is missing all the ptw functions like bolt release, empty stop etc etc , ptw is not just about hot swapping the spring it is actually more about all the other functions i.e. the ones that replicate real steel functionality :)

just a split gearbox design like the ics models, at the moment it would make gearbox work easy but only when they release the upper gearbox on its own will it become a little more useful for travelling

i like the added pegs to help alignment between the two half's which is better than the ics and it looks strong for a cheap clone

but a ptw this is not

dsc3061editresize.jpg

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tfc-m4a1-carbine-full-metal-aeg.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

what appears to be a review on an indoniasian forum http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?p=348563013

looks like a lot of unique parts, piston looks very interesting, seems to actually use the bugger tube spring as the power for the piston, interesting design, because this is not mentioned on the mia site this could be a different model because you would think such a unique deign would be mentioned

look forward to seeing some more info

Advertisement