Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ForkLift needed

Options
  • 06-10-2011 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi does anyone know a place to hire a fork lift for an hour or so, I bought a kiln and need a way to get it from my van in to my garage ??
    I rang a fork lift hire company and they only hire for a week at a time,
    I live in dublin 12 near the childrens Hospital,
    Any Ideas from anyone PLEASE !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

rent a skid steer (with the forks) from a hire company. the usual price is about €80 per day so you could surely bargain down for a shorter period. maybe even get them to wait. Not sure what the weight of the kiln is but a skid steer will lift approx 3/4 of a tonne safely

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rebelden

Unsure of the area where you live in, but is their any business in the immediate area who uses a fork lift that you could get the loan of ? Or building site with teleporter depending on access of course. In some hire shops you can rent lifting gear however depends on lifting weight of load again obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Know any truckers with a Mounty?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Might a pallet truck do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Visit nearest company with a forklift and ask can you hire a forklift and driver for an hour. €50 plus a tip for the driver should do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

How big is this kiln and what does it weigh? Could it be maneuvered into place using an engine hoist and some slings? It might be easier and cheaper to hire one of these for an hours work than a forklift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭10-10-20

If he's still moving the kiln 11 years later, I'd consider poor planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

Damn zombie threads!🤣

Advertisement