Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

N69/N22/N70 Tralee Bypass

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭stevielenihan

dmeehan wrote: »
    a branch from the bypass will be built to connect with the Listowel Rd. linking up with the road in front of the IT North Campus. THe main branch will continue northbound towards Listowel

Any more photos possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Any more photos possible?
    As soon as i get a chance. Plently of work going on in the last week. Ditches are being cleared along the route and theres an enormous pile of pencil at the Listowel road entrance. Also a couple of big bulldosers there ready to push stuff around.

I passed the ballybeagen road a few days ago. are they widing the river or something because there was a diger on the river bank there?. Must also be a lot of work done now where the site offices are They also had pipes on the river bank at ballybeagan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I passed the ballybeagen road a few days ago. are they widing the river or something because there was a diger on the river bank there?. Must also be a lot of work done now where the site offices are They also had pipes on the river bank at ballybeagan

looks like they have this cleared for a roundabout now, ditch is gone from both sides of the road

Where will the single carrigway be build?

• Advertisement

Where will the single carrigway be build?

The dual carriageway will be from ballycarthy to the Listowel rd, everywhere else will be single afaik.

Why is one part dual carrigway and the other single carrigway? Can they not be the same on all the road?

Why is one part dual carrigway and the other single carrigway? Can they not be the same on all the road?

Because the dual carriageway will be the most used part of the road, Castleisland is the same, the lower section from the Tralee rd to the Faranfore rd is single carriageway.

Might get a chance to go down to have a look it tomorrow. it will be a great road once complete

Might get a chance to go down to have a look it tomorrow. it will be a great road once complete
    When will the first issue of tralee bypass newsletter be out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

muck shifting starting this week. few terexs on route.

I went pass the route at ballygarry where the site office are there is a lot of mud dug there now and they had the mud up in piles. Construction has really toke off now

From Ballybreanagh looking north towards the Listowel rd
    74b8d40f.jpg

And from the same point looking south towards Ballybeggan
    1b08272a.jpg
    Both pics taken last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The dual carriageway will be from ballycarthy to the Listowel rd, everywhere else will be single afaik.

I understood the entire length of the Listowel Road (N69) to Killorglin Road (N70) bypass section was going to be DC as they said this will be approx 8kms long (which roughly seems to equate to that distance) whereas the 5 km SC part would be the N22 from the bypass to the existing N22 Killarney Road beyond Ballycarthy. I could be mistaken though.

Great pictures. your right ongargboy the whole bypass will be dc and there link to killarney road be sc. I passed ballinorig today about 4 diggers there had a nice bit dug there

I stand corrected on the carriageway length so, apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

I stand corrected on the carriageway length so, apologies!

It's not the length that matters!

...I'll get me coat.

si_guru wrote: »
    It's not the length that matters!

...I'll get me coat.
    You'll want it driving away in that rattly old Land rover!;)

Some fantastic aerial shots here from www.aerialphoto.ie
    tralee_bypass_interchange_for_clash_and_local_access.jpg
    Tralee Bypass - Interchange for Clash Industrial Estate and Local Access

tralee_bypass_clash_link_road.jpg
    Oblique photo of proposed Tralee Bypass Link Road leading into Clash Industrial Estate

tralee_bypass_road_crossing_at_ballingarry_hotel_thumb.jpg
    Tralee Bypass - Aerial Photo of Tralee Bypass at intersection with N22 at Ballingarry Hotel

tralee_bypass_proposed_junction_with_N70.jpg
    Proposed Junction of N22 Tralee Bypass with N70 Kilorglin Road

tralee_bypass_minor_road_crossing_at_clashdesmond.jpg
    Tralee Bypass - Minor Road Crossing at Clashdesmond

tralee_bypass_southern_junction_with_killarney_road.jpg
    Tralee Bypass - Aerial Photo of Proposed Southern Junction with Killarney Road

Pics from http://www.aerialphoto.ie/2011/02/18/tralee-bypass-aerial-photography/

Great pictures. I passed the balllybeagan road today there was a digger there and a bulldozer they have a lot of mud removed there. I also passed the ballynorig road and there is 6 diggers there and they had a lot dug there and it seems that they were working on the bypass railway crossing as well

• Advertisement

I passed the Ballybeagan road today there was a dump loader there. And they were digging up the side roads as there was 3 diggers where the sode roads will be

Anyone Know how work on the bypass is doing at the moment?

Anyone Know how work on the bypass is doing at the moment?

lots of action on the N69 and N21 sides, not so much in the middle parts of the bypass.

how much work is done on the N69 and N21 part of it~?

how much work is done on the N69 and N21 part of it~?
    On the N21, visible from the road is alot of ground clearance going on and large rocks being brought in.
    On the N69 side theres enormous piles of earth beside the road with a site entrance between them, im not sure if they have started laying out the roundabout here yet, which will be built off the existing road i reckon.
    Road sweeepers are constantly cleaning the road.

They have cleared most of the ditches on the right hand side of the road up from the forge cross and work has began on re routing the ESB, there was no power in the Ballybreanagh area yesterday. ESB were still around today. I will try and get photos next week of all this.

I had a spare 20 mins this afternoon so i took some pictures of the junction above the Forge cross and between the two college entrances before it all gets changed around. The are not great resolution i know, but they are good enough for here i hope.

Looking towards Tralee from the Ballybreanagh road.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]683.jpg[/URL]

Looking towards the junction from the other road.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]679.jpg[/URL]

Same road, just further down towards the college entrance.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]678.jpg[/URL]

Looking down towards Forge Cross from above the college entrance, a good angle on the width of the road here.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]677.jpg[/URL]

Looking back up towards Ballybreanagh from the Ballybeggan road.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]675.jpg[/URL]

And looking just to the right of the above picture, the new road can be seen clearly marked out.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]673.jpg[/URL]

Looking down the ballybeggan road, the new post and rail fencing can clearly be seen showing the proposed width of the new road.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]672.jpg[/URL]

And one more shot looking down towards Forge cross from the bend of junction. The ditches have been cleared as can be seen all along here
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]671.jpg[/URL]

Most of the action is still on the N69 and N22 sides of the project, apart from site clearance work in between.
    Ill keep taking pictures as much as i can.

Great pictures. What will the part of the road in the phots you took there at forge cross and between the two college entrances be build as dual carrigeway or single carrigeway?

Great pictures. What will the part of the road in the phots you took there at forge cross and between the two college entrances be build as dual carrigeway or single carrigeway?
    Single i reckon. Its not part of the main bypass. Theres no need of it being double up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭topgeas

who doin the work

• Advertisement

Bam Civil are doing the work On the Tralee bypass

Advertisement