Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another series of 'Arrested Development'... and a movie!

• 02-10-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There was a cast reunion in NY this evening and Mitch Hurwitz has just announced:
    Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz, speaking at the New Yorker festival today, says that he plans on doing a last, "limited" season of the show before making the long-promised movie.

Amazing news if true!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Just saw this on facebook no other news yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bit more info here..
    565192-capture_super.jpg

Here's a spot of Sunday news for you Arrested Development fans, via The Daily What and The New Yorker's twitter feed. Apparently at a cast reunion for the show, creator Mitchell Hurwitz announced that the critically-acclaimed show is returning for one mini-season of nine or ten episodes before production begins on a movie. Whether that'll be a feature film or a television feature isn't clear, but given the stature of the cast it'd be hard not to see it as a feature.

That's about all the information that there is, but according to a New York Times reporter, the new episodes are intended to be a "where are they now" kind of series, catching up with the characters and re-familiarizing everyone with them before the film.

I'll update this story with any more news as it develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Awesome!

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I dunno about this. I thought the first Season was brilliant, but the quality went downhill fast in Season 2 and 3 to a point where it became tedious to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Link in OP has nothing on it.

I loved season 2 even more than the first but season 3 was disappointing.. especially Charlize Theron's appearance.

amacachi wrote: »
    Link in OP has nothing on it.

It's under the Sunday schedule..
    New Event | “Arrested Development” / A Bluth Family Reunion
    With Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, David Cross, Portia de Rossi, Tony Hale, Mitchell Hurwitz, Alia Shawkat, Jeffrey Tambor, and Jessica Walter. Moderated by Nancy Franklin.
    Sold Out
    4 P.M. Acura at SIR Stage37
    508 West 37th Street ($30)

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/festival/schedule/sunday#ixzz1ZfTL1rtC

• Mr F!

Is Ron Howard still tied to directing it?

I mean quotes or video. :pac:

• Advertisement

Well whatever. I just Blue myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Basq wrote: »
    I loved season 2 even more than the first but season 3 was disappointing.. especially Charlize Theron's appearance.
    That whole storyline actually, with Charlize Theron, was one of the main reasons why Season 3 became so unwatchable.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with though. But I really don't think a Movie could work.

Will Arnett just posted the following on Twitter..
    arnettwill Will Arnett
    I'm peeing with @batemanjason at the moment..and we can confirm that we are going to make new AD eps and a movie

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

There is a god

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

I just saw this news on facebook, i'm so excited to see this! The new series more so than the movie I must admit, but I'd still give that a chance too. CAN'T WAIT:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jason Bateman confirmed it on facebook and twitter
    It's true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early '13. VERY excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

A mate of mine just told me the good news,dear god i cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Oh come on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I'm currently prancing around my living room to "Final Countdown" in celebration. Now where did I leave the fire extinguisher?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

My life when the show ended.
    511032227_5fc26b2906_o.gif
    Then this news came out of nowhere and hit me like...
    511032217_887d38237e_o.gif
    and I rejoiced.
    511032213_65f7cd9f12_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Oh hey, Arrested Development gifs. I've got loads of those

FjTE0.gif

QaTwh.gif

Ujeov.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Don't get to excited just yet..
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/mitchell-hurwitz-now-promising-a-fourth-season-of,62625/
    Mitchell Hurwitz now promising a fourth season of Arrested Development in addition to a movie

Not content with merely teasing fans with an Arrested Development movie, creator Mitchell Hurwitz has now upped the ante to a movie and a return to series television for the show, telling an audience at today’s New Yorker festival that a nine- or ten-episode “limited-run” fourth season of the show would help provide the prelude to the film that is still definitely happening, seriously. Adding further fuel to the flame, both Jason Bateman and Will Arnett later tweeted that both the movie and the next round of episodes would shoot next summer, probably seeing release sometime in 2013, while Bateman spoke for the rest of the assembled Arrested Development cast and crew in saying that “creatively we are all on board.” (As for supposed longtime holdout Michael Cera, Hurwitz explained that the whole ruse was just an idea for a “inside joke” he’d had based on Cera’s “Andy Kaufman thing.” You know, that Andy Kaufman thing that Michael Cera has.) Clearly, for a show that has inspired a religious faith in its Second Coming, this Sunday saw some especially impassioned preaching.

And now, the obligatory caveats: Hurwitz acknowledges that, while the creative side is cooperating 100 percent, the stumbling block, as always, comes down to money. “We don’t completely own the property, there are business people involved and studios and that kind of thing,” he said—as he's always said—adding that the expanded project “requires studios to work together that don’t typically work together, film and TV.” And of course, as of right now, there's neither a film studio nor a network attached to either project, meaning Hurwitz has essentially doubled down on his bet that someone cares enough about reviving Arrested Development for its cult fanbase.

But that’s boring, pragmatic, cynical realist stuff! As a far more entertaining distraction, Hurwitz offered some tantalizingly specific details about the now much bigger project. As he explained, the new episodes would focus on a single character at a time, all in order to fill in the backstory on what’s happened to them since the last episode—and according to the New York Times, he’s even got the first episode mapped out:

The first episode, he said, could focus on Buster Bluth, the deeply neurotic brother played by Tony Hale. “The latest joke we have,” Mr. Hurwitz said, “is that it’s Cambridge, Mass., and there’s all these scientists in lab coats and they’re waiting for somebody. Buster comes through the door in a white lab coat — ‘Let’s begin’ — and they say, ‘Oh, no, you don’t get to wear the lab coat. We’re experimenting on you.’ ”

Why, it’s almost like you can see it in your head! (Which is still pretty much the only place you’re definitely going to, as of right now.) So in conclusion, don’t get your hopes up about an Arrested Development movie anymore. Get them up about an Arrested Development movie and a fourth season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Steve-Holt-steve-holt-8830014-200-200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This is joyous news!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

when I heard the news, I blue myself

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

dance_1.gif

omgomgomg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

There was a post here but now it's gone

Apparently, the whole 90 minute reunion taping will be posted online later this week.

EDIT: There's some handheld footage online for those who can't wait..

And they finished the show by having the entire cast do the chicken dance..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mindkiller wrote: »
    ^^No hotlinking you filthy newfag
    Did you really just say newfag?

Advertisement