Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddy power poker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Antikythera

nix wrote: »
    And if you hit the ace you would laugh and think you're skilled, your missing the big picture, as with the majority of poker players.

If you think its fixed, then you're not cut out for poker, so just stop wasting your money, yeah ?
    Its the same network that paddy power uses, which means exact same software and players, only difference is it says boyle sports everywhere instead of paddy power :rolleyes:

You sound like a proper thick twat mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Coming from the guy who thinks online poker is fixed, you have no idea how stupid your claims are, i really mean this, and i KNOW for a fact they are not fixed. That's whats funny, so keep up the denial and crying :)

Also what makes me sound like a "thick twat" whatever that means, I'm intrigued to hear your break down of what makes me a....."thick twat" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

the funny thing is, is that it is rigged in the fact that the ''bad beats'' are so fking despicable in the sense that going all in preflop with aa against 72 and and 72 or the likes coming out on top on a regular basis, just makes the ''bad beats'' harder to take.

i dont mind losing in anything by a better player, the odd bit of luck etc, what i cant stand is being shafted on a regular bases by absolute BS. but yea im sure the regulars here are right, its just the higher frequency of hands played etc etc. their the experts.

has nothing to do with reverse psychology or anything.

Question1. If you kept losing at poker to better players would you stop playing.

Question2. If you kept losing at poker to ''bad beats'' would you stop playing.

Question3. Do any regular posters here have an opinion of their own??

or is it always the same drivel.

think about it

Ugh, have you ever won with AA pre flop?? I have, countless times.

Ive lost many times with AA pre flop at live games, does this mean the tables i was playing at had bogey dealers?

People really need to look up the definition of random, "bad beats" happen, they are part of the game. You will always get bad beats offline or online. In my experience, peoples definitions of bad beats, aren't even usually bad beats, they are just stupid.

Trick is to accept it and move on, there is no mysterious force working against you, there is no heckling big wig sitting behind the scenes overseeing games and dishing out bad beats at the click of a button.

Poker companies make money off you enjoying the game and playing poker, not having you being pissed off. Unfortunately they cant control your paranoia, that's your own problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

stewie01 wrote: »
    the funny thing is, is that it is rigged in the fact that the ''bad beats'' are so fking despicable in the sense that going all in preflop with aa against 72 and and 72 or the likes coming out on top on a regular basis, just makes the ''bad beats'' harder to take.

i dont mind losing in anything by a better player, the odd bit of luck etc, what i cant stand is being shafted on a regular bases by absolute BS. but yea im sure the regulars here are right, its just the higher frequency of hands played etc etc. their the experts.

has nothing to do with reverse psychology or anything.

Question1. If you kept losing at poker to better players would you stop playing.

Question2. If you kept losing at poker to ''bad beats'' would you stop playing.

Question3. Do any regular posters here have an opinion of their own??

or is it always the same drivel.

think about it

You sound like a clueless donkafied fish lord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

What would paddy power have to gain by rigging the poker software? (genuine question)

mdwexford wrote: »
    You sound like a clueless donkafied fish lord.

classy response.

just out of curiosity, what are you an expert on in relation to online poker???? Do you make a living off it, have you worked in developing software for it??

have to say with a response like that i dont know why people would hold your OPINION in high regard, let alone what i think of you. (if your interested we can go to pms. i live in wex)

ColHol wrote: »
    What would paddy power have to gain by rigging the poker software? (genuine question)

paddy power, nothing, i didnt start this thread. its play tech software isnt it?

as i said, with regard to the pyschological side of continuesly losing to ''bad beats'' instead of a better player gives lesser players false hope. No?

Ugh, have you ever won with AA pre flop?? I have, countless times.

Ive lost many times with AA pre flop at live games, does this mean the tables i was playing at had bogey dealers?

People really need to look up the definition of random, "bad beats" happen, they are part of the game. You will always get bad beats offline or online. In my experience, peoples definitions of bad beats, aren't even usually bad beats, they are just stupid.

Trick is to accept it and move on, there is no mysterious force working against you, there is no heckling big wig sitting behind the scenes overseeing games and dishing out bad beats at the click of a button.

Poker companies make money off you enjoying the game and playing poker, not having you being pissed off. Unfortunately they cant control your paranoia, that's your own problem.

just to be clear i gave up playing poker online years ago. im no good at it. hold'em, rubbish, omaha great craic drove me nuts.

i understand how companys make money from it, bottom line is they dont care who wins the pot as long as they get their cut. where i differ with you is, they dont make money off your enjoyment of it, they make money off your continues custom. one way of keeping you hooked on it( which pretty much goes on all forms of gambling) is making you think its not your fault you lost the hand but the cards.

on a side note, this is a discussion board, people can have differing views, post their own thoughts, right or wrong, you dont have to all have to be sheep.

i can confirm mdwexford is an expert, so can i, me too.

all this brown nosing, sounds like a school yard,

I gave him a thanks for his use of the word donkified, it made me giggle.. :D

In answer to your question, i dont play poker either, its too slow and requires more patience and time than i care to donate. I have worked for poker companies, stemming over numerous networks for many years. I dont anymore as the work is soul destroying, mainly cause i had to deal with idiot claims like this day in day out, from the same players. Trust me, if there was truth to it, id love to say its rigged ;) But its not :D

So ive had access to players rake, hands dealt etc, i understand the paranoid logic in that poker companies screw over the little fellas to keep the big rakers happy, but most of the players complaining are the big rakers. Most of their bad beat claims are just stupid calls/mistakes, most of these paranoid players think they are good, which is the annoying thing, because you have to keep them happy, you cant give them the sure answer to their BS query, which is "YOUR JUST SHIT AT POKER MATE"

You have to just reassure them the truth about the software, its random, which it is, the software needs to be tested over thousands upon thousands of hands to prove otherwise, which it is by independent bodies. If the software was "rigged" it would have been proven long ago..

If you think its rigged and not rewarding in any way, then just stop. Those that dont and keep playing, know they are talking bull**** and just use it as a form of venting/denial to protect their precious ego, which is child like to say the least.

• Advertisement

classy response.

just out of curiosity, what are you an expert on in relation to online poker???? Do you make a living off it, have you worked in developing software for it??

have to say with a response like that i dont know why people would hold your OPINION in high regard, let alone what i think of you. (if your interested we can go to pms. i live in wex)

Well your post was pretty stupid so you should expect reponses like that.

I dont know what defines an expert but i have played about 700k hands which are all stored in a database and there are no patterns of anything being amiss. I have made a profit in each of the past four years.

What do you mean we can go to pms and you live in wex, are you looking for a date or a fight or something?

Also the above brown nosing as you call it was joking, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

What do you mean we can go to pms and you live in wex, are you looking for a date or a fight?

LMFAO quality :D

Well your post was pretty stupid so you should expect reponses like that.

I dont know what defines an expert but i have played about 700k hands which are all stored in a database and there are no patterns of anything being amiss. I have made a profit in each of the past four years.

What do you mean we can go to pms and you live in wex, are you looking for a date or a fight or something?

Also the above brown nosing as you call it was joking, obviously.

obviously. So pretty much your similar to those fking losers who sit in front of a monitor 14 hrs a day, coming out a little ahead of the game, while life passes you bye. good for you

hows the weight loss going these days? your not still a fat - are you?

LMFAO quality :D

another one of your bum chums?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

You have a very aggressive attitude Stewie, it can't be good for your stress levels.

obviously. So pretty much your similar to those fking losers who sit in front of a monitor 14 hrs a day, coming out a little ahead of the game, while life passes you bye. good for you

hows the weight loss going these days? your not still a fat - are you?

Similar as in i play about 30-50 hours per month and have made an ok amount in the last few years.

It went well thanks, im back in shape now and am awesome at football again, not sure what "a fat" is.

Stalking my previous posts is a bit creepy by the way weirdo but whatever floats your boat i guess.

Lol @ all the poor retarded sheep trying to convince each other online poker is legitimate.

Get a fkn life!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

How is this idiot not banned yet. He trolls on alot of other forums aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Zacharyswan

I agree, I have been playing for quiet some time now and PP tends to favor the lesser cards. I've had AA, AK, AQ etc stolen on the river so many times it's Fn unreal and within the same game. It can't be random, I have actually started running with lower, ****e cards myself and it works out I fill more often than not. I suspect some PP employees are posting here :mad:

I am not saying PP is fixing them, I am saying the software is crap, looks to me liek it picks players randomly for a win rather than the actual hands, anyhow it's a real pain being beaten more often on good cards than bad/rubbish cards, hows that realistic poker!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

I agree, I have been playing for quiet some time now and PP tends to favor the lesser cards. I've had AA, AK, AQ etc stolen on the river so many times it's Fn unreal and within the same game. It can't be random, I have actually started running with lower, ****e cards myself and it works out I fill more often than not. I suspect some PP employees are posting here :mad:
    I am not saying PP is fixing them, I am saying the software is crap, looks to me liek it picks players randomly for a win rather than the actual hands, anyhow it's a real pain being beaten more often on good cards than bad/rubbish cards, hows that realistic poker!
    Welcome to Retardville, population you!.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭SlowJack

I'm not mad about onlin poker also, but even in live poker it happens. Just last night, my AQ was beaten with A9, my QQ beaten with 88 all pre-flop all'in.

There are not such a thing as bad/rubbish cards, the cards is a very small part of the game in total.

Jul3s wrote: »
    Welcome to Retardville, population you!.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWhL-4dJ9LJdl3UAmS6Rv3KoFebtgRVPECMAFbIvwC7VcGGozw

HA HA HAHA HAHAHA HA HA HAHAHA HA HA HA

You're a comedic genius.

I haven't laughed so much in years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

[ ] poker is dead

If you have nothing to say best not say it Juls! Fn AH...

My point is the software is just not up to matching a real game yet!
    I am well aware of how hands work....but since you guys are more into one liners rather than debate.....blow me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

cock sh1t b0ll0x ****.

zuroph wrote: »
    cock sh1t b0ll0x ****.

So true........ so true...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

My point is the software is just not up to matching a real game yet!

Watttt, the entire game is effectively a RANDOM(52) function call.
    Computers and software have been able to do this successfully since about 1956.

Nah its fixed and I'm basing that on absolutely nothing..

:D

• Advertisement

Watttt, the entire game is effectively a RANDOM(52) function call.
    Computers and software have been able to do this successfully since about 1956.

Well that's as maybe, but where online poker is concerned, they are not doing it.

Advertisement