Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creche/Preschool for Children with Special Needs

• 28-09-2011 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Anyone know of any creches or preschool specifically for children with special needs in/around Dublin or Kildare?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends on the special needs of the child but some mainstream creches might take him.
    Give the county childcare committee a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Jess18

Thanks Moonbeam, but I should have said I am actually looking to do work experience with children with special needs as part of my degree course in ECE. Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I wouldn't think there are many specific créches, just like there aren't too many special schools left. Afaik, regular creches are required to take on special needs kids.

deemark wrote: »
    I wouldn't think there are many specific créches, just like there aren't too many special schools left. Afaik, regular creches are required to take on special needs kids.

Thanks, I have found a few ABA preschools which I would love to go to, its just finding one near to where I live thats the hard part!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Contact therapy clinics (occupational etc), and ask if they know where the majority of their clients attend?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i used to deal with a special needs creche, there were in dublin county borough

cant for the life me remember their name but if you contact the dublin city childcare committee they should be able to tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Go to mychildcare.ie and select special/additional needs on the drop down menu. It'll give you a run down of all the schools that cater for special needs.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try them all out :)

Advertisement