Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know your postgrads!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Just received a formal unconditional offer for a masters in Electrical Engineering in Cardiff University starting in September at the grand age of 27 :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I'm conditionally accepted to an MA in Culture and Colonialism in NUIG next year so hopefully I'll be posting here a lot more in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Conditions met, and I have my place!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Got a full offer to a MSC in finance in Smurfit. Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Got offered (and i accepted) an MA in old and medieval english in ucc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I was offered (and naturally accepted :)) a place on the phd programme in UCD's Sociology department today. To say I'm happy is an understatement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Started my PhD in Systems Biology and Bioinformatics with SBI in UCD last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Got offered a Masters in Accountancy from various colleges , Have picked DIT to study their Msc Accounting course. Can't wait to get going :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Thrilled that I've finally obtained my MA from a UK university. Said that was the end of it when my dissertation went in in April but finding myself drawn to further study. Phd is next step really but can I really cut it?

Won't do anything until I sort out a study area at home. I didn't do myself any favours working off the kitchen table or going up to the DCU library for some quiet time, not.

Drawn to DCU for Phd, subject to funding of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

did a MSc in Environmental Engineering in Queen's University Belfast 2009/2010...I am now a physical geography PhD student with Trinity 2010 - 2014...loving it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Doing the MA in Translation Studies in NUIG in September, really looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Realt11

MA in Nua-Ghaeilge!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

Starting M.Sc. in Tourism Management in DIT this September. Did TSM in Spanish and Italian for undergrad. I didn't really like Trinity very much so I am really excited to start a new course. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Swifty_N

Started SimSci PhD in UCD. Orientation on Monday. Should be good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

Starting a Masters in Social Science in Health and Illness in UCD next week! Excited and nervous! Did my undergrad there too (BSc Nursing)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Starting a MA in music composition in UCC. Also did my undergrad there BA/BMUS and have just graduated :).

Looking forward to the MA.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Starting an M.Ed. Full Time Masters on Friday in TCD. Looking forward to the challenge!! If only my fees would be sorted?!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 verna

Hi Im doing postgrad diploma in psychology and need help with statisitics

anyone in galway who can help me please pm me. t

thanks

N

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I started a second masters last year a MSc in Bereavement Studies with the Royal College of Surgeons, but I had to defer after the first module as I became ill. I started again this year, but on my first day I was diagnosed as having a DVT, so far I haven't missed any classes and I don't plan on deferring againg this year. I'll just have to work through the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Doing an MA in Development in DCU. Really enjoying it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I should probably introduce myself :)

I'm doing an MPhil in history at Cambridge; looks like I'll be returning to TCD next year to take up a PhD offer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Doing MSc in Global Health in TCD this year (and next). Loving it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

Doing a Masters by Research (as Gaeilge) with Fiontar in DCU.

Started in January of this year and, while the whole research process has its challenges, I find the topic interesting and plan to finish by June 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Whoop, I got my masters in bioinformatics in December and it seems to have landed me a job with the college as a research assistant for the next few months. If I can get a job out of education, there's hope for everyone! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hey guys! Just started my MBA a few weeks ago. Have gone abroad to do it as I got a scholarship, so completing it in Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Its taken me the few weeks to get back into the swing of studying so things have piled up a little but starting to get them under control :) Love the course so far, finding my classes a lot more interesting, topical and practical than my undergrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I'm just coming to the end of the PgDip part of the masters I'm doing (Pharma QA and Biotech in DIT) and instead of doing the 6 month dissertation placement, I'm starting a PhD at the end of May. I think I may never leave college...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I'm hoping to do an Msc in Marketing this year, as long as I can get the funds together!?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

hello hello!
    starting a masters in sexuality studies soon, over in DCU. Looking forward to it! My undergrad was in psychology in Maynooth, will miss the place dearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Will be starting a masters in Journalism in DCU, hello Ciara/everyone here who's in DCU!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Just started an MA History in UL. WOOHOO

Advertisement