Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old man's weirdo behaviour freaking me out

• 23-09-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

This is a bizarre post but I really would like other people's opinions on my weirdo neighbour's bizarre behaviour...

So there's an old man who lives next door to my apartment building. Never even noticed him until this freaky **** started a few weeks ago - he came out his gate and walked past us with a newspaper held up to hide his face from off. Several times me and my flatmate have seen him walk past our window with the newspaper held up too. Now if it was a once off I wouldn't think anything of, or alternatively if he did it all the time I wouldn't take it personally - but as of today we're 100% sure this is just for us. He walked past as we were outside smoking and as soon as he passed us he took the newspaper down. He walked past his gate and kept going so I peeped around the corner to see what he was up to - only to see him turn around, realise that I was looking at him and promptly throw the newspaper back up in front of his face. WTF?

Any suggestions as to what on earth is going through this man's head? Having seen his face today I know that I don't recognise him at all, so it's definitely not someone I've ever had a run in with. We're totally freaked out by this and not really sure what's going on - any help?!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Facebook, he's doing it wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just don't want to look at your fat face!

LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Invite him in for a gang bang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

one of you or your flatmates is actually his biological child and he doesn't want a family reunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Get yourself a newspaper.
    Measure the distance beetween your eyes.
    Cut two holes in your newspaper the exact same distance apart as your eyes. Look through holes.

Now you can stand and look at him all day, he wont feel the need to use his paper as you will already have one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's your real father, just doesn't want to be stung for years of child support.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

Your smoking too much **** and have too much time on your hands ! and he like most old men likes to read the paper !

Maybe he's been to jail. Seriously.

He might have been to jail in a high-profile case years ago, served his time, and now just wants to live anonymously, scared that someone might recognise him and let people know where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Congratulations OP.....you are living next door to larry murphy...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Just give red fox the launch codes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Maybe he's been to jail. Seriously.

He might have been to jail in a high-profile case years ago, served his time, and now just wants to live anonymously, scared that someone might recognise him and let people know where he is.

The problem is we never even noticed him until he started this crap - he's just drawing attention to himself by carrying on like this. Maybe that's his game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

mfceiling wrote: »
    Congratulations OP.....you are living next door to larry murphy...

Damn, i just thought of that!

OP, next time he walks by just say 'How'ya Larry' and give him a big cheeky smile - don't lead him on though....

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Do you live in cowper downs?

chin_grin wrote: »
    Facebook, he's doing it wrong.

So good, I'm still laughing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Maybe he's got a massive zit.

C-Shore wrote: »

Don't know where that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm going to say hes a sex offender in hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

The old "i never looked at him, untill he tried to stop me looking at him" line.
    Hmmmmmmmm:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

ASK HIM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Or maybe ask him for the time the next time he is walking past you,or some conversation and see how he reacts to you,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Social Welfare officer, Are you working and claiming? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

meh ...I see you've played knifey spooney before !

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Social Welfare officer, Are you working and claiming? :eek:

I wish! That at least would make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Is it possible he's autistic? many autistic people have problems making eye contact with people, it can actually really upset some when you do it. maybe you should consider it could be something like that, and leave the guy alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

C-Shore wrote: »

1994 wants its joke back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

This is a bizarre post but I really would like other people's opinions on my weirdo neighbour's bizarre behaviour...

So there's an old man who lives next door to my apartment building. Never even noticed him until this freaky **** started a few weeks ago - he came out his gate and walked past us with a newspaper held up to hide his face from off. Several times me and my flatmate have seen him walk past our window with the newspaper held up too. Now if it was a once off I wouldn't think anything of, or alternatively if he did it all the time I wouldn't take it personally - but as of today we're 100% sure this is just for us. He walked past as we were outside smoking and as soon as he passed us he took the newspaper down. He walked past his gate and kept going so I peeped around the corner to see what he was up to - only to see him turn around, realise that I was looking at him and promptly throw the newspaper back up in front of his face. WTF?

Any suggestions as to what on earth is going through this man's head? Having seen his face today I know that I don't recognise him at all, so it's definitely not someone I've ever had a run in with. We're totally freaked out by this and not really sure what's going on - any help?!

that is odd behaviour, it would make sense in some way (not that it would) if you knew him from years back , say if you or your family fell out with him and he didn't want to be recognised by you if case you told your family.

i'd say someone needs to have a word with him , your brother or your OH , id have a word with him myself except that you are so far away (presuming you are in cork going by the location with your username) i could pm you maybe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

He doesn't want to see you OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Is it possible he's autistic? many autistic people have problems making eye contact with people, it can actually really upset some when you do it. maybe you should consider it could be something like that, and leave the guy alone.

Thats what I thought, or maybe he's got some mild mental issues. Either way he doesn't seem to be violent or a threat so you should probably just live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hungrychef

Maybe it's payback.
    People have weird ways of doing things sometimes. Perhaps you ignored him at some point (you said you never noticed him before) by accident.. Something stupid like, not holding a door or replying to a passer-bys hello with headphones on and he took it as offense.
    So in his head he's taking the rudeness of ignoring up another notch without actually being confrontational. Or maybe he's just amusing himself. If he lives alone it's probably one of those things to get a kick out of the day.
    Next time he walks past, try ignoring the paper and just say "good morning".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Next time he does it yell "mind the dogsh1t"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

By any chance are you an obese naturist?

Advertisement