Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King's Inns Entrance Exams Results 2011

• 01-09-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Does anybody know what date we can expect the results on? I've heard both the 12th and the 20th, but I thought the course was starting on the 26th and they normally give you about 2 week's notice so the 20th sounds abit late! Will they be available online or just posted? Starting to get very jittery!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

They will be posted out on the 20th and the course starts the 4th of october. Best of luck, im terrified.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Minnie2011 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what date we can expect the results on? I've heard both the 12th and the 20th, but I thought the course was starting on the 26th and they normally give you about 2 week's notice so the 20th sounds abit late! Will they be available online or just posted? Starting to get very jittery!
    NoQuarter wrote: »
    They will be posted out on the 20th and the course starts the 4th of october. Best of luck, im terrified.

You'll both be fine.

Just watch out for the goblins they keep in the basement.

Just watch out for the goblins they keep in the basement.

I hear Des O'Malley and co. want to do away with the goblins, something about costing too much....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

NoQuarter wrote: »
    I hear Des O'Malley and co. want to do away with the goblins, something about costing too much....

To be replaced with pictures of Mary Harney at every bus stop.

*shiver*.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Minnie2011

Ok great thanks - also does anyone have a definite idea of how many places there are? I keep hearing only 150, but a friend who did it a couple of years back said that's bull****, there was 200 the year he did it, not including the modular course, so I'm wondering can anyone really know! Apparently only 220 made it to the Friday of the entrance exams this year, so being in the top 200 out of 220 wouldn't be bad odds, particularly considering a not insignificant percentage of that 220 have applied for the modular course!

• Advertisement

Minnie2011 wrote: »
    Ok great thanks - also does anyone have a definite idea of how many places there are? I keep hearing only 150, but a friend who did it a couple of years back said that's bull****, there was 200 the year he did it, not including the modular course, so I'm wondering can anyone really know! Apparently only 220 made it to the Friday of the entrance exams this year, so being in the top 200 out of 220 wouldn't be bad odds, particularly considering a not insignificant percentage of that 220 have applied for the modular course!

I understand that their policy is to accomodate any number who pass the exams in any given year. So that could be 220/220 in one year or 150/200 in another.

As far as I was concerned the KI wont be refusing circa 13,000 euro because of "lack of space" if you get me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭retroactive

The website domain is currently down. Will we be receiving our results on Tuesday, the 20th? or are they just being posted that day? Can we access them via internet on Tuesday?

Feeling very unsettled the the moment.

The website domain is currently down. Will we be receiving our results on Tuesday, the 20th? or are they just being posted that day? Can we access them via internet on Tuesday?

Feeling very unsettled the the moment.

Hi retroactive - I emailed the King's Inns last week to enquire about this, and in their reply the exact wording used was "Entrance exam results will be published on 20th September 2011."

I would interpret this as meaning they have been posted today and will come to our attention tomorrow, Tuesday. I further believe this to be the case because the results generally come out exactly two weeks before the course start date, and this year that is Tuesday 4th October.

If it settles you at all, they also told me that only 240 approx sat all 5 exams in the end (a far cry from the rumours of 350 that were flying around beforehand), and I have it on very good authority from elsewhere that only 12 of those 240 failed Tort - can't speak for the rest of the exams but those aren't bad odds if the others are anyway similar!

Best of luck to everyone awaiting them, it's going to be a sleepless night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Res Gestae

Just wanted to wish everyone the best tomorrow. In the same boat (feels like the Bismarck). Coffee time, will try to get an early night & not to freak out, no chance. Anyone know if the results get posted online as well as by snail mail and if so whats the usual time they show up. The KI site is down, feels like the Applestore.

As the legendary Ciaran Patton would say, "time for a fag".

• Advertisement

It's not letting me log onto https://kimm.kingsinns.ie.

I'm staying away from my darling cappacino machine this evening but the ''Bismarck'' was amusing.

Thank you to Minnie2011, although it's contract i'm worried about. Tort went excellently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Res Gestae

It's not letting me log onto https://kimm.kingsinns.ie.

I'm staying away from my darling cappacino machine this evening but the ''Bismarck'' was amusing.

Thank you to Minnie2011, although it's contract i'm worried about. Tort went excellently.

Its letting me log in, but doesn't show anything but the payment details for the exams etc, no results. There is an ominous re-apply to sit the exams button. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 John McClaine

Morning all, here at work and post hadn't arrived, did anyone get anything in the post? Cant log on to website.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LawBaby

Anyone got any news yet? At work, so won't see post until tonight....KI website says results were posted yesterday, but I'm wondering does this mean they won't be available online at all???? And I can't access my KIMM either.......it tells me there is an error when I use my logon details .....which gives me a very sinking feeling.....

They were posted, I dont know anyone who has failed yet! yahooo

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭crystalmice

I know some friends of mine got the good news early this morning, before 9.30 anyways, but I dont know if it was by post or online though. Luck!

Thanks a million folks, it's going to be a long day at work!! Congrats to all who passed

Morning all, here at work and post hadn't arrived, did anyone get anything in the post? Cant log on to website.
    LawBaby wrote: »
    Anyone got any news yet? At work, so won't see post until tonight....KI website says results were posted yesterday, but I'm wondering does this mean they won't be available online at all???? And I can't access my KIMM either.......it tells me there is an error when I use my logon details .....which gives me a very sinking feeling.....

Hi both, results arrived in the post this morning, so yours will be waiting for you when you get home. I also tried to check online this morning and was having the same log-in problem, but I think this could be because they are currently uploading them because as far as I'd heard they wouldn't be available online until lunchtime!

Best of luck to you both, hope to see ye in 2 week's time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

My Friends and I got the good news this morning, all got their results through the post, just want to say congratulations to everyone who made it through and I look forward to seeing you in all in two weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Anniemags

Congrats to all! Good times. Enjoy the celebrations! When the hysteria wanes a bit I must start looking for a place to live in Dublin. If anyone is in same position or has any advice on it please do share.

• Advertisement

Thanks to all who have posted updates here today. I am stuck at work until this evening, so the suspense is killing me, but at least I know the golden envelope should be waiting when I get in. Is it just the plain results, or is there enrollment/registration info etc included????

I'd like to wish all those who have already received positive results congratulations and very good luck for the course.....Just hoping I will be amongst your number too!!

Just got them! Such a relief. See ye at the Inns

When you say you just got them - online or by post??? Am stuck in work and desperate to know where I stand - totally unproductive day because of all the waiting :(

...finally got home to the golden envelope....all good! I feel as though I have been eviscerated, then stitched back together again....this was a long haul, yet we're only at the start!

Anyone else doing the part time course??????

Anniemags wrote: »
    Congrats to all! Good times. Enjoy the celebrations! When the hysteria wanes a bit I must start looking for a place to live in Dublin. If anyone is in same position or has any advice on it please do share.

I'm currently looking for a place in Dublin to live with one other girl who also just passed the exams, if anyone else is in the same position and would like to join forces please send me a pm!

There are a couple of us heading out to celebrate either tonight or tomorrow (hopefully tonight as tomorrow will be mental with arthurs day), we all just met each other through the exams so if anyone would be up for it shoot me a PM.

(Hungover) See you guys in two weeks :)

@ NoQuarter - wud have loved to join, but I'm in the "Mummy" contingent heading in on the 2011 intake - getting out for afew bevvies involves military style logistics and serious advance planning (well, that or leaving the kids tied to a nearby lamppost with a bag of tayto and a bottle of pop....).....but I'll have a happy night tonight thinking of all of ye downing a few scoops to celebrate - can I join ye at least in spirit?????

As posted above, wud love to hear from anyone going the modular course route - starting to feel I'm gonna be all on my own in the Inns on those wintry Saturdays!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MaryPopins

Hi Everyone,

I am just reading of all of your success last year - congrats to all, I guess you are being called soon! Exciting times.

I am just wondering if any of you could give me some advice on studying for the entrance exams i.e the amount of study you guys put in over last summer?

Did any of you do the Griffith/Independent courses, were they useful?

I would really appreciate any advice you guys could offer on the whole experience in general - thanks so much.

• Advertisement

(Hungover) See you guys in two weeks :)

I remember that feeling. I had no idea what I was in for.

MaryPopins-

I began contract using Enright's book and a few journal articles. After a painstaking week and a half, I felt like I had contract nicely finished.

Then I went to a study meeting organised through boards. Everyone else there had almost finished and were using the various manuals. I very quickly realised the strenght of the manuals - efficiency, speed and accuracy.

After getting the manuals, I spent a week analysing the past papers and what was expected from each exam. Then I spent a little over two days studying for each exam. I ran out of time and only began studying evidence the evening of the constitutional paper. So about two and a half weeks using the manuals for tort, evidence, criminal and constitutional.

I know people that spent the summer studying for them and I know a midget that spent less than a week studying. The approach you take to the exam is as important as the knowledge you have on each topic. You don't have too know everything about every tort, but you do have to know and be able to spot every tort. (Take a look at Q.1 of Tort last year)

In relation to the various exams and what is expected - use the search function on the top right of your page to find older threads, they contain a wealth of information.

Nothing can prepare you for the week that is it and the year is entirely worth it. Best of Luck.

Advertisement