Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thermo cost my future kids their college education...

• 18-09-2011 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

The man in question took me airsofting for the first time today had a blast met a lot of really nice people. We were in Tallaght CQB in the morning and headed on over to HRTA for the afternoon, Thanks to players and staff at both sites made me feel very welcome. Special nod the lads over in HRTA had a blast with ye in the afternoon and any amount of laughs!

Now all I have to do is get the cash together to buy my own kit and stop sponging from Thermo so hence why the offspring will not be getting a traditional education! :rolleyes:

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Welcome to the money pit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

He's a bollox for it! :P

Glad to hear you had a good time mate - we try :D

The advert section is great for decent kit and you'll usually find a bargain.

Remember - not all doors open outwards (he leaned against a door and almost fell in, just so no one thinks I'm being weird... again).

Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You have times when you aren't weird?

Anyway, when I first read this topic title, I expected a story about Thermo costing someone thier manbits in a freakish melle kill incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

ha ha no worries dave, glad you had a good time and are now a "convert", feel free to "sponge" as long as you like, as long as you promise not to break anything else! :D

id like to echo your thanks to the staff and players at both sites for welcoming you/us into the fold, and showing what a great airsoft community we have here in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

The man in question took me airsofting for the first time today had a blast met a lot of really nice people. We were in Tallaght CQB in the morning and headed on over to HRTA for the afternoon, Thanks to players and staff at both sites made me feel very welcome. Special nod the lads over in HRTA had a blast with ye in the afternoon and any amount of laughs!

Now all I have to do is get the cash together to buy my own kit and stop sponging from Thermo so hence why the offspring will not be getting a traditional education! :rolleyes:

Dave

Welcome to it dude! Sounds like I missed good games in the afternoon.
    Kiss all your cash goodbye. I used to have free time, a spare bedroom and savings before I encountered airsoft. Now all I have are bruises. Whatever you do, don't let Thermo talk you into going to any of the large overseas games like Sennybridge or Copehill in the UK. It's like the crystal meth of airsoft - HRTA/Tallaght CQB are the gateway drugs to the serious habit (in terms of leaving you broke) that you get with overseas games!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Welcome Dave!

Was great gaming with you today - didn't even realise it was your first time playing. Sounds like an excellent introduction - CQB in the morning, outdoor play in the afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

great having you up and nice to see your hooked now :D

most of the lads didn't believe me when i said it was your first day playing after you had left

the classic moment today was the look on everyones face when thermo took out the at-4

the classic moment today was the look on everyones face when thermo took out the at-4

Or the look of horror when someone knocked it over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Disco Volante

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Yeah there was a couple of funny moments during the day. Thermo and I were on the same time, I walked around a corner in CQB and Thermo caught site of me and said "Well dickhead" I lit him up and then identified myself as blue team so he wouldn't shoot back.

Shot by his own weapon, with his own bb's by someone wearing his kit... Last time he will be bringing in a newbie!

The first time he fired the AT-4 He let a shout on the stair well "Anti Tank firing now!" One of our team members walked into the kill zone and Thermo launched away!

@Kev, I'll take that as a compliment then! I must have shot one or two guys over at your place then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭TerrenceAnth

Welcome to the world of airsoft Dave ;). Be prepared to look back in 6 months time and feel nauseous over the amount of money you have spent on the sport! I know when i sat down at the end of my first year and calculated my spending i nearly fainted and the other half went mad :P

• Advertisement

Welcome to the world of airsoft Dave ;). Be prepared to look back in 6 months time and feel nauseous over the amount of money you have spent on the sport! I know when i sat down at the end of my first year and calculated my spending i nearly fainted and the other half went mad :P

Let's not talk about such unpleasant business as 'paper trail' and 'receipts' - everyone knows that the vast majority of airsofters accumulate so much gear, because all of their friends get out of airsoft and just give us these 'BRAND NEW IN BOX' guns out of the kindness of their hearts...or maybe I'm just starting to believe the lie :D

It really is scary when you add up the figures :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

welcome to the dark side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Welcome to the sport. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭BigBoi83

Firekitten wrote: »
    You have times when you aren't weird?

Anyway, when I first read this topic title, I expected a story about Thermo costing someone thier manbits in a freakish melle kill incident.

I thought the exact same, was a little dissapointed when i didnt get a funny story of an unfortunate bunching or something:rolleyes:

Hope dat doesnt make me sound evil LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Gizmoisgiddy

Welcome to the sport :)
    Hope Thermo didn't scare you too much :P

Ya know once you get past the terrifying ninja cat/shark attack stuff he's actually... still terrifying, nevermind...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eadyzrx1200

When it comes to airsoft never ever tell your wife the full truth, trust me on this. Oh always use cash credit/debit cards will come back to haunt when the statment comes in the door when your at work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

When it comes to airsoft never ever tell your wife the full truth, trust me on this. Oh always use cash credit/debit cards will come back to haunt when the statment comes in the door when your at work

Or, you know, you could always just keep your spending to a minimum.

Who am I kidding? >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Or, you know, you could always just keep your spending to a minimum.

Who am I kidding? >.>

Thats No Fun....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

I get all my bills posted to the mothers so my other half hasnt a clue how much I spend especially seeing as I see these "amazing deals!!!!" all the time
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Just to balance the OP's assertion.....................................
    Thermo is paying for MY kids education:)

ricka wrote: »
    Just to balance the OP's assertion.....................................
    Thermo is paying for MY kids education:)

shhhhhhhhhh my other half could read this :(

thermo wrote: »
    shhhhhhhhhh my other half could read this :(

Quick Thermo - abuse your mod powers and delete his post :P

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Quick Thermo - abuse your mod powers and delete his post :P

I can't be doing that ger........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 mula mc donagh

i see thermo sucked another person in

Advertisement