Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***The (only!) CIT Bar***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Hi I've applied to CIT for chemical engineering this year as a mature student so hopefully come september i'll be learning the cork accent while wearing a leinster jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Boom...accepted place in chemeng..CIT here i come :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

*tumbleweed*

Hello?

Anybody alive in here??? :)

Back to CIT tomorrow yeah! Not very excited though. Final year blues! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

Ya I'm in my final year too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

it's my first day tomorrow, so there's a degree of excitement.
    I haven't a clue of where my class is though, should be fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Just got the dreaded email of Exemptions granted!

Back to repeat a few modules in 3rd yr! :(

Doesn't seem to be much excitment in here for people going back or otherwise the number of boards users in CIT has dropped greatly. Wish there was more to do during breaks in CIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Seems to be more first years than usual! can't believe the price of hot water has gone up :pac: cheeky so and sos!

hot water gone up...it'll end up with people bringing flasks of hot water with them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭badgerbaiter

Im a cit newbie this year! I love it!
    Ye cork people are lovely :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I drive in some days , anyone else notice the car parks arent full as early yet, i think it may be down to the lack of trades / block release training at the moment , it looks like theres feck all apprentices out there this year

I'm in walking distance thank god...ya all my friends that drive in too say its never full and especially friday morning it was a ghost car park

Im trying to cycle in as much as possible only drive when i have work afterwards or weather is brutal , its odd even canteen seems a bit quieter than the last few years i see one of the trade workshop rooms is being turned into a interior design type room with half a dozen cubicles that they can probably paint/wallpaper to their hearts desire :D

Lol you have too much spare time on your hands to be looking at what rooms they changes then again i dont have that much spare time between lectures. Only an hour for lunch most days :(

You see i was an apprentice in those rooms the last few years , i got my qualification in plumbing and now im back doing a engineering degree :D so i have a vested intrest in the rooms i learned my trade in, plus you can look down into them from the upstairs A block corridoor theirs windows looking into them so you can see everything going on.

Im quite the opposite tommorrow i have a 2 hour lunch , tues usually 2 hours but 3 this week, thursday a 4 hour lunch every second week.

It will be handy in a months time to write up reports and work on stuff but at the moment its useless to me .

we should really organise a cit meet up sometime :)

We could be a rogue mixed class party! Haha bt a meet up is a good idea.. Whats everone doing thurs?

tuesday would suit me better but could also do thursday

Im easy either way.. I jus assumed thurs was "the nite" lol.. Havnt gne out in cork yet either :-\

Tuesday is also "the nite" lol I havent gone out yet either this year :(

• Advertisement

Yeah bt im a 1st year so ive no excuse! :-( what course u on.?

Business Administration 4th Year...1st Year tut tut lol ;)

Dnt u tut at me :O
    ancient 4th years shouldnt even tink of goin out :-P

ouch that is harsh Im only 21 :(

Dnt i look silly nw..
    Im 22 :-(
    i mean academicly ancient anyway ;-)

haha so there :p academically ancient I'll bring the zimmer frame that night shall I?

Itll be sure to drive the boys wild! Haha
    so well make a plan
    And gather a posse!
    :-)

ya I'll leave the planning up to the first year who had nothing better to do go for it...you plan ill check my diary ok?

Ouch no pressure so? Fine il name a time
    but u gotta name the place? :-)
    This tues? Being freshers week n all :-)
    bt that mite be too short notice? So il go actually plan then i guess haha

• Advertisement

Somewhere near college a good starting point The Loft???

Advertisement