Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

carrying subjects?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

okay so im just wondering wat the case with carrying over failed subjects is?

im doing computer games development, heading into second year

iv failed 2, one from each semester

so anyone know if i can continue on, results didnt seem to say much, apart from exemptions granted at the top

so is it just a case of wait and see if i get my regestration pack? i know i dont register until the 15th(thats the date for anyone who had repeats)

also wondering if i should wait til then befor i head up, i tought classes started tuesday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 what the feck

im the same as your self going into second year of applied and it says exemptions granted wdf does this mean? i also failed 2

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

from what iv read it depends on what youve failed

tried ringin them, but got the answer machine,

sumtin to do wit failing certian ones, like say 00 programing, you need to pass that in order to proceed to advanced 00 programing, sumthing like that

i failed general computeing (semester 1)
    and games programming (semester 2)

from what i read on the course page neither have a follow up module, so fingers crossed i can carry them

best bet would be to ring up, but im impatient so i put this post up to see if anyone knew anything :P

ahh its prequisit modules that you cant carry,

anyone know the prequisits for games dev?

i would assume 00 programing and maths anyway,

oh and anyone else lookin some useful info in these links

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71249547

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72625554

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

mathematics is deffo a prerequisit (sp?).

not so sure about the others!

yeah, and i found out the games programing is too so im *&%&ed,

but wat i cant understand is i only got 8%
    now i know myself, i had all ca handed in and sat the exam, so it couldnt possibly be that low

got talking to the computing office, and was advised to email my lecturer to see if he recieved the ca, havnt heard anything back yet,

she told me a recheck wasnt even worth it, and my best bet would be hope he didnt get it, then arrange to talk to the head and sort it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

I know it's a bit off topic, but is games development a hard course? I'm starting up this week and was wondering what the course/ people doing the course are like.

its not hard if you turn up for all the classes you should get along fine, and all the lecturers are great to get along with aswel

as for me i missed quite a bit, and still managed to pass the most of it

at the minute im in talks with my lecturer turns out they didnt correct my ca, some mix up, but he said best he could give me on it was a pass, which only puts me up to 32% if got 35 compensation would pass me,

but he did say i wouldnt have to repeat the ca, im wondering could i just register for next years exam? anyone know?

yeah i failed programming and was wondering if i can change course and do something different or do i have to pass this course first?

i have no idea sorry

• Advertisement

Ok Thanks:) i thiink ill just have to find a job and save up enough money and apply for a different course next year
    whats your plan lankz

well i found out today that you cant use compensation to pass repeats, so i guess im taking the year out, do the exam next year again, pass it this time lol

its a bit of a f$%k up but sure could have been worse

just a final update on this guys,
    they let me back, said since i had the ca passed a wouldnt have to repeat classes i could go ahead with second year, but will have to repeat the exam in may

Advertisement